Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Exams? 20:58 - Jan 4 with 655 viewsBlueByYou

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I have twins who are both in year 11, and just wanted to check if people took from tonight's announcement that all exams have been cancelled, or if some of the exams will be cancelled?

It was the wording "not possible or fair for all exams to go ahead this summer ......" that confused me. In my head, the 'all' could mean literally all of them are cancelled, or the all could be interpreted as not all of them will go ahead (but maybe core subjects like English and maths might for example).

I guess the details will come out, but I just thought I'd check in with the twtd community to see what other people's interpretation was.

Thanks
Exams? on 21:00 - Jan 4 with 640 viewsFixed_It

Hadn't noticed the ambiguity but all my teacher friends are assuming that there will be no exams. Will make for interesting live online lessons with Year 11 and 13 tomorrow norning!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Exams? on 21:04 - Jan 4 with 611 viewsSteve_M

It wasn’t clear, as Fixed It says it’s quite likely they won’t go ahead but given Gavin Williamson’s performance to date I can only wish your twins all the very best.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Exams? on 21:08 - Jan 4 with 588 viewsbluelagos

Possible that Maths and English could still have exams, according to the news I saw.

So still open for decisions it seems.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Exams? on 21:08 - Jan 4 with 589 viewsBent_double

My son is supposed to be having an engineering exam at college tomorrow, I assume that's not happening now.

He only mentioned summer exams, and the fact that all schools/colleges must now only be 'remote learning' suggests that there won't be any exams anytime soon.

Wait for confirmation from school/college I guess.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Exams? on 21:11 - Jan 4 with 584 viewsElderGrizzly

Exams won’t happen as planned.

My wife is on the project for the replacement so she’ll find out more tomorrow. They have been working on the assumption exams would be cancelled in some form for the last month.
Exams? on 21:19 - Jan 4 with 551 viewsFixed_It

Exams? on 21:08 - Jan 4 by bluelagos

Possible that Maths and English could still have exams, according to the news I saw.

So still open for decisions it seems.

The main issue with exams is there cannot be a level playing field is so far as some students have had more disruption than others due to self-isolating etc. Also, now there is a national lockdown, some will be more disadvantaged than others. This will apply just as much for English and Maths as other subjects. Time to trust teacher assessments - which are a pretty accurate measure of student performance and well-moderated.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2021 21:19]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Exams? on 14:30 - Jan 5 with 378 viewsElderGrizzly

Exams? on 21:11 - Jan 4 by ElderGrizzly

Exams won’t happen as planned.

My wife is on the project for the replacement so she’ll find out more tomorrow. They have been working on the assumption exams would be cancelled in some form for the last month.

Looks like it is going to be entirely teacher assessed at GCSE and A Level, but externally moderated by Exam Boards.

Needs Ofqual approval, but not many other options left on the table
Exams? on 14:32 - Jan 5 with 369 viewsjeera

"I have twins who are both in year 11."

This made me smile.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024