Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... 08:04 - Jan 10 with 965 viewsFrankfurtBlue

.......but equally, if not more, importantly, what are your aims in protesting?

Removal of Lambert is a start, but trusting ME to appoint a new manager would be like removing the wallpaper, and then re-wallpapering over the cracks underneath.

We really need an overhaul of the management of the club from top down. If ME remains in charge, he needs help in decision-making. A supporter representative and an experienced Director of Football is the minimum needed at Boardroom level to provide ME with that help.

Essentially, ME has taken the attitude, "it is my money, I'll do with the club as I want". It is clearly evident where that has gotten us. The supporters also put a lot of money into the club, but have little, or no, say.

In any case, good on you, Blue Action. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 09:21 - Jan 10 with 845 viewsGeorge25

I think we just have to go against the manger because atm we need Marcus Evans more than he needs us. I think by protesting against the owner doesn’t end well and problem gets worse. Blackpool did it a few years back and the toxicity lasted for about 4 years, with things just getting worse. Fans being banned and investment getting smaller. At Leat Evans keeps the club afloat and still invest millions into the facilities and run a cat 2 academy in league one.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2021 9:24]
Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 10:11 - Jan 10 with 777 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 09:21 - Jan 10 by George25

I think we just have to go against the manger because atm we need Marcus Evans more than he needs us. I think by protesting against the owner doesn’t end well and problem gets worse. Blackpool did it a few years back and the toxicity lasted for about 4 years, with things just getting worse. Fans being banned and investment getting smaller. At Leat Evans keeps the club afloat and still invest millions into the facilities and run a cat 2 academy in league one.

Oh stop it. The "We can't survive without Evans" stuff really grinds my gears.

Yes, he has supposedly kept us afloat, but at what cost? We are in league one, with a team that appears to be going backward, and half of our better players out to contract this year, with zero sign of any initial contract negotiations. What an amazing owner!

We've also a Cat 2 academy that continually produces unfinished players. Dozzell and Downes are 22 this year, Wolfie is 23, Teddy Bishop is 25 with 330 senior appearances between them. These are not young guys, yet the club and we continually harp on about their development, and about them being 'just young players'.

Absolutely sick of the myth we've created about our academy, we produce players yes, but we used to produce players and then bring them on, and frankly, we've produced nothing of note since Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose.

Now we produce players that sure as sh it look great, but then never meet their full potential.

We are a shadow of what we once were, in all areas. And we need to come to terms with the fact that Evans has been the enabler in that.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 10:16 - Jan 10 with 756 viewsArnieM

Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 10:11 - Jan 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yes, he has supposedly kept us afloat, but at what cost? We are in league one, with a team that appears to be going backward, and half of our better players out to contract this year, with zero sign of any initial contract negotiations. What an amazing owner!

We've also a Cat 2 academy that continually produces unfinished players. Dozzell and Downes are 22 this year, Wolfie is 23, Teddy Bishop is 25 with 330 senior appearances between them. These are not young guys, yet the club and we continually harp on about their development, and about them being 'just young players'.

Absolutely sick of the myth we've created about our academy, we produce players yes, but we used to produce players and then bring them on, and frankly, we've produced nothing of note since Darren Bent and Darren Ambrose.

Now we produce players that sure as sh it look great, but then never meet their full potential.

We are a shadow of what we once were, in all areas. And we need to come to terms with the fact that Evans has been the enabler in that.

So as fans / supporters of this once great Club, what do you propose we now do ?

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 10:21 - Jan 10 with 740 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 09:21 - Jan 10 by George25

Understand what you are saying. Rather than a direct protest against Evans and his leadership of the club, has anyone ever tried to meet with him to at least initiate a dialogue?
Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 11:14 - Jan 10 with 657 viewsGeorge25

Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 10:16 - Jan 10 by ArnieM

So as fans / supporters of this once great Club, what do you propose we now do ?

The best thing is for lambert go. Although this decline is due to the owners poor decision makeing and investment into the team, I just think it it’s wise to go after the owner of we want the best for the club atm.
Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 11:17 - Jan 10 with 637 viewsAce_High1

Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 10:11 - Jan 10 by Cheltenham_Blue

Exactly this.

We are like a blind, old, disease ridden dog who limps along getting through each day. We need putting down.

All this "but we need Marcus, he might pull the plug" - so what, we are bobbing around in L1, losing to Swindon and paying dross like Jackson, Nsiala, Nolan to represent us. Close the whole thing and start again without the negative, hard done by, loser mentality that Marcus has given us.
Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 11:17 - Jan 10 with 635 viewsGeorge25

I totally agree with what you’re saying I just think verbally calling calling for Evans to go will not get us anywhere and put us in a worse position. I think I’d we are going against the ownership, the most effective thing to do is boycott and stop paying ST. That way he will be hurt financially and would either have to change his current ways or sell up.
Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 11:20 - Jan 10 with 626 viewsGeorge25

Question to the Blue Action group. When are you now planning the protest....... on 10:21 - Jan 10 by FrankfurtBlue

Understand what you are saying. Rather than a direct protest against Evans and his leadership of the club, has anyone ever tried to meet with him to at least initiate a dialogue?

The supports club for year apparently have been asking to meet him to speak about what been going on. However he apparently has never got back to them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024