Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An “Inverse Allardyce” 14:37 - Feb 23 with 1066 viewsel_nino

That’s how Lambert was described by Jim White on the excellent Blue Monday Podcast this week.
I’m not sure you can get a more cutting description to be honest!
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 14:38]
An “Inverse Allardyce” on 14:38 - Feb 23 with 1043 viewsMetal_Hacker

Thought that was superb !!

Poll: If it were one or the other

An “Inverse Allardyce” on 14:41 - Feb 23 with 1033 viewsSteve_M

I did think that was unfair though, Stoke and Ipswich both had long-standing problems over several seasons. Lambert failed to arrest either case, although he did do so with both Blackburn and Wolves, but he isn't the chief cause of either relegation. He has failed utterly here, as he did at Stoke but some accuracy is important.

In any case, he's proven himself an utter cooont over recent weeks so how is that any different to Allardyce?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

An “Inverse Allardyce” on 14:46 - Feb 23 with 975 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

An “Inverse Allardyce” on 14:41 - Feb 23 by Steve_M

I did think that was unfair though, Stoke and Ipswich both had long-standing problems over several seasons. Lambert failed to arrest either case, although he did do so with both Blackburn and Wolves, but he isn't the chief cause of either relegation. He has failed utterly here, as he did at Stoke but some accuracy is important.

In any case, he's proven himself an utter cooont over recent weeks so how is that any different to Allardyce?

Allardyce does take over teams in similar positions.

To be fair, Lambert had a free pass in the Championship with most fans, and that was pretty generous considering were were 'only' 5 points from safety with 33 games left to play. i.e. >70% of the season left!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

An “Inverse Allardyce” on 14:55 - Feb 23 with 914 viewsPositivelyPortman

An “Inverse Allardyce” on 14:46 - Feb 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Allardyce does take over teams in similar positions.

To be fair, Lambert had a free pass in the Championship with most fans, and that was pretty generous considering were were 'only' 5 points from safety with 33 games left to play. i.e. >70% of the season left!!

We should ALL have seen the writing on the wall right there and then.
It really was an absolutely dire performance from Lambert with all those games left to play.
Relegation should have seen the back of him.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

An “Inverse Allardyce” on 15:00 - Feb 23 with 895 viewsel_nino

I think it’s that Allardyce is widely seen (rightly or wrongly) as the quintessential saviour of relegation and Lambert failed to do that in his last 3 jobs. Presume it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment.
An “Inverse Allardyce” on 15:44 - Feb 23 with 747 viewspatrickswell

An “Inverse Allardyce” on 14:55 - Feb 23 by PositivelyPortman

We should ALL have seen the writing on the wall right there and then.
It really was an absolutely dire performance from Lambert with all those games left to play.
Relegation should have seen the back of him.

The only mitigation comes from the mouth of Bartoz Bialkowski who said that Lambert arrived full of ideas and drive to avoid relegation, but the players thought it was impossible given the lack of goal threat in the team.
An “Inverse Allardyce” on 15:52 - Feb 23 with 718 viewsStokieBlue

Am expecting him to do the post-match interview this evening with a pint of wine.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024