Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook's post match interview 18:01 - Mar 6 with 997 viewstractordownsouth

The most important bit for me was the line about not digging out players in public. This is very reminiscent of what Mick used to do during the best periods of his management. It shows that Cook is a much better man-manager than Lambert and Hurst. That's not saying much I know, but getting the culture and atmosphere right should see us have a strong end to the season, despite today's disappointing performance.

We're far from the finished article but I'm still confident Cook will have us in the top 6 in May.

COYB.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Cook's post match interview on 18:06 - Mar 6 with 940 viewscatch74

To be fair to Lambert I’m pretty sure he said the same, the only problem is he then went and dug them out.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Cook's post match interview on 18:08 - Mar 6 with 919 viewsFixed_It

That - and the honesty about the performance. Not treating the fans and reporters as mugs. And giving the opposition credit.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Cook's post match interview on 19:16 - Mar 6 with 754 viewsGarv

I've got no problem with managers digging out players in an interview. It's how they treat them in person that's the important thing. Ultimately it's up to the manager to judge if and when to do it, and which players to do it to.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Cook's post match interview on 19:37 - Mar 6 with 662 viewsstonojnr

Cook's post match interview on 18:08 - Mar 6 by Fixed_It

That - and the honesty about the performance. Not treating the fans and reporters as mugs. And giving the opposition credit.

thats a slippery slope though, remember McCarthy heaped praise on the opposition & made it sound like we were playing Barcelona every week,it soon became something people griped about...alot
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024