Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is potentially the real reason for new manager same results 18:55 - Apr 5 with 721 viewsskankerman

Whilst my caŕeer position is non football related, I have moved businesses a few times over the years and inherited a poor working culture on many occasions. Glass half full.

I think you will find PC is now going through that early process of trying to change the culture and mentality within his squad.

A squad that has a losing mentality possibly a cancer within the squad of 1or 2 characters that simply don't want change and have to much negative influence on others, ability or no ability.

The biggest positive for our new management team is they can simply move the problem on at the end of the season by releasing the players that will not be able to change their current culture.

We have to give PC time whilst this all unfolds and then further time to bed in his way with the new players.

I think PC given time and investment will be a real positive for the club.
This is potentially the real reason for new manager same results on 18:58 - Apr 5 with 684 viewschrismakin

Thing is. I mentioned it yesturday

This isnt taking on a club and stopping it losing. This is a team who for some reason cant attack. It's a rather strange mentality to try and change.. what IS the problem. When did it start who started it. Why....

Rochdale. Struggled like mad all season but even they attacked with some effort today. Didnt come off alot but they tried. We don't even seem to try

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

This is potentially the real reason for new manager same results on 19:16 - Apr 5 with 564 viewshaynes_toe1

If there's a couple of bad influences in the dressing room it suggests Hurst Lambert and Cook aren't strong enough.
This is potentially the real reason for new manager same results on 19:24 - Apr 5 with 482 viewsVic

My guess is that it really set in with Hurst and got a lot worse with Lambert. Mick consistently got the best out of an average team and generally over performed.

Hurst came in with very little credibility of success at a higher level and basically belittled experienced pros, whilst at the same time putting fear into the younger ones.

Lambert proved to be a Scottish Kevin Keegan - able to talk a great game, but ultimately devoid of tactical ability and so ends up losing the confidence of the players. He was unable to coach the youngsters and from what we’ve heard since created an atmosphere of fear in the squad. Putting Nolan and Jackson in the U23s was a classic example of this mentality.

Cook needs to change this round. Players like Dozzell, Bishop, Woolfie and Downes may have been permanently damaged by Lambert, but the only way to find out is to give them time with a different coach. For the sake of ITFC I fear it may need to be elsewhere because unless they can change quickly we don’t really have time to spare.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024