Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover 01:39 - Apr 11 with 945 viewsBarneycurley

So what - he came here to work on the scraps ME was going to toss him?

Of course he knew, seriously people

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover on 01:42 - Apr 11 with 922 viewspointofblue

He knew there was a prospective takeover; I’m not sure whether he realised what kind of structure would be in place from the new owners as it doesn’t necessarily compliment his way of working. It could be that him refusing to do the post-match press conference was a slight shot across the bows towards Gamechanger though I’d say his stock isn’t that great at the moment.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover on 06:16 - Apr 11 with 812 viewsBryanPlug

I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover on 01:42 - Apr 11 by pointofblue

He knew there was a prospective takeover; I’m not sure whether he realised what kind of structure would be in place from the new owners as it doesn’t necessarily compliment his way of working. It could be that him refusing to do the post-match press conference was a slight shot across the bows towards Gamechanger though I’d say his stock isn’t that great at the moment.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover on 07:01 - Apr 11 with 758 viewsColchesterBlue1985

I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover on 01:42 - Apr 11 by pointofblue

Essentially he would have been made aware of the outline of a takeover without the specifics (only perhaps they liked him so he didn’t need to worry on that basis)

HOWEVER as you elude to if his not happy with the structure then I for one would be more than happy for him to leave. Structure is exactly what is missing at that club right now, we have given managers carte Blanche on player recruitment etc and it’s gone terribly wrong. The coaching side of things has also taken a massive step back.

We need a day to day CEO/DOF whether PC likes it or not. There is too much that needs to be done off the pitch (as well as on it) for one man to have total control of both.
I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover on 08:33 - Apr 11 with 683 viewsPowrigan

I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover on 07:01 - Apr 11 by ColchesterBlue1985

Essentially he would have been made aware of the outline of a takeover without the specifics (only perhaps they liked him so he didn’t need to worry on that basis)

HOWEVER as you elude to if his not happy with the structure then I for one would be more than happy for him to leave. Structure is exactly what is missing at that club right now, we have given managers carte Blanche on player recruitment etc and it’s gone terribly wrong. The coaching side of things has also taken a massive step back.

We need a day to day CEO/DOF whether PC likes it or not. There is too much that needs to be done off the pitch (as well as on it) for one man to have total control of both.

And it seems to be the structure people have been wanting on here for years.

I like Paul Cook and what he has achieved in his career to date, but for the longer term future of the club, if Cook isn’t happy with the structure that this club desperately needs then it is best for him and the club if he leaves.

Just for the record, I am not convinced this is the reason he hasn’t done the press conferences.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2021 8:51]
I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover on 08:35 - Apr 11 with 673 viewsgordon

It's in black and white here:

"it's understood that Evans had told the new Blues boss that he was looking at bringing in further investment rather than selling the club outright."

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/cook-relieved-after-talks-with-new-cha

If that wasn't true the club would get the EADT to take it down sharpish I think!
I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover on 08:41 - Apr 11 with 653 viewsWD19

I can't believe people think PC may not have known about the takeover on 08:35 - Apr 11 by gordon

It's in black and white here:

"it's understood that Evans had told the new Blues boss that he was looking at bringing in further investment rather than selling the club outright."

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/cook-relieved-after-talks-with-new-cha

If that wasn't true the club would get the EADT to take it down sharpish I think!

Evans is on record saying that there was no takeover close after Cook was appointed, so he is hardly going to go on record saying that he told Cook about the takeover (that wasn’t close) before he made the public statement.

A fudge on the comms suits everyone. If The Athletic knew what was up, so did Cook. It was bloody obvious that Lambert knew for weeks also.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024