Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A little disappointed with Today's announcements 18:47 - May 10 with 971 viewsJDB23

I have to say, given how hard Cook has slammed the team since he's been here and constant talk of a complete reset, I'm a bit disappointed we've so far only released 5 players who have been in and around the first team this season.

That might increase to 6 if Edwards leaves but that doesn't really feel like the big overhaul of a squad that has underperformed for years that I was expecting.
A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 18:49 - May 10 with 927 viewsJ2BLUE

Plus the loanees.

Then Jackson and Donacien might move on.

We'd also probably listen to offers for Hawkins/a keeper.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 18:49 - May 10 with 924 viewspositivity

others might leave yet, even those under contract

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 18:51 - May 10 with 888 viewsJDB23

A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 18:49 - May 10 by J2BLUE

Plus the loanees.

Then Jackson and Donacien might move on.

We'd also probably listen to offers for Hawkins/a keeper.

Yes, obviously some players under contract who might still move on. Just doesn't have the judgement day feeling I was expecting.
A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 18:52 - May 10 with 857 viewsSwailsey

A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 18:51 - May 10 by JDB23

Yes, obviously some players under contract who might still move on. Just doesn't have the judgement day feeling I was expecting.

I think realisitically though, we can't have literally an entirely new squad next year. That would be crazy and very unusual. Surely 7 or 8 would have always had to have been kept?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 18:55 - May 10 with 798 viewsKeaneish

15 have gone and possibly another 2 or 3 for fees. I’d say that’s a pretty big indictment!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 18:56 - May 10 with 763 viewsGarv

I am also but at the same time it was naive to think the whole squad would go.

Norwood called it out in his interview the other day as being unrealistic. You can't build a completely new squad in one summer.

I'm surprised about Drinan though!

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 19:08 - May 10 with 659 viewsHalifaxBlue

This is pretty well what I expected. Only surprises to me are Donacien and Nydam, and they are mild ones.

Wilson I'm disappointed about, but I expected it to happen.

Drinan has shocked many, but it makes perfect sense to me. He is likely on comparatively low wages, and a hard-working, low-scoring striker is useful as a kind of closer at the end of games. Only trouble is, it isn't any good when that is the only kind of striker you have.

If Drinan isn't moved (loan or for fee), I think this spells the end for Hawkins.

I think this is about the right amount of turnover - those kept all make good depth players without demanding first XI minutes (except Bishop who will push). I agree w Norwood that you can't expect the whole squad to be turned over in a year - we shouldn't have to think very far back to recall the risks associated with doing it in one summer.

To some, I'd imagine it was a case of saying "if you want to play every week, go. If you want to earn your way back in, there's a place to do so."

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 19:10 - May 10 with 638 viewsJDB23

A little disappointed with Today's announcements on 18:55 - May 10 by Keaneish

15 have gone and possibly another 2 or 3 for fees. I’d say that’s a pretty big indictment!

I take it that 15 includes the loans?

I guess it all depends on the squad size Cook wants. If he's looking for a small squad of around 25 players that doesn't give us much room as it stands. Let's see eh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024