Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... 10:48 - May 13 with 534 viewsgiant_stow

bod: It seems like it's always Gaza which gets it / fights back - why does the West bank seem more quiet? Or is that just a wrong premise?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:02 - May 13 with 483 viewsClapham_Junction

I'd say there are three main reasons:

Firstly Gaza is controlled by Hamas, whereas the West Bank is under the control of Fatah who are more moderate.

Secondly, much of the West Bank is under Israeli military control whereas the IDF completely withdrew from Gaza in the mid-2000s (which is why Hamas were able to take it over).

Lastly, Gaza has an external border (with Egypt) and coast through which they can smuggle weapons. Although the West Bank is connected to Jordan, the Jordan Valley is completely under Israeli control and hardly anything can get through.
Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:07 - May 13 with 450 viewsnoggin

Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:02 - May 13 by Clapham_Junction

Firstly Gaza is controlled by Hamas, whereas the West Bank is under the control of Fatah who are more moderate.

Secondly, much of the West Bank is under Israeli military control whereas the IDF completely withdrew from Gaza in the mid-2000s (which is why Hamas were able to take it over).

Lastly, Gaza has an external border (with Egypt) and coast through which they can smuggle weapons. Although the West Bank is connected to Jordan, the Jordan Valley is completely under Israeli control and hardly anything can get through.

Do Hamas smuggle weapons by sea? I would imagine Israel has full control of the coast.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 11:08]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:07 - May 13 with 445 viewsgiant_stow

Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:02 - May 13 by Clapham_Junction

Thanks mr. If Fatah are more moderate and in power, does it follow that people in the West Bank are less dissatisfied? or is do they have less options to fight back because of your other points?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:13 - May 13 with 401 viewsClapham_Junction

Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:07 - May 13 by noggin

Do Hamas smuggle weapons by sea? I would imagine Israel has full control of the coast.
[Post edited 13 May 2021 11:08]

I think it's mostly via the tunnels, but some of it does come by sea.

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2020/09/hamas-reveal-military-secret-weapon
Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:17 - May 13 with 383 viewsgiant_stow

Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:13 - May 13 by Clapham_Junction

I think it's mostly via the tunnels, but some of it does come by sea.

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2020/09/hamas-reveal-military-secret-weapon

fascinating. thanks for taking the time.

Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:18 - May 13 with 378 viewsClapham_Junction

Question about the West Bank from an ignorant.... on 11:07 - May 13 by giant_stow

Thanks mr. If Fatah are more moderate and in power, does it follow that people in the West Bank are less dissatisfied? or is do they have less options to fight back because of your other points?

It's more that Hamas could not have taken over in the West Bank because they didn't have the infrastructure (they're largely a Gaza-based organisation), and also wouldn't have been allowed to by Israel.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024