Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many more signings until we're 'done'? 10:20 - Jul 28 with 1451 viewsThatIpswichMan

For me I'd be happy with five more through the door.

GK - Youngster on-loan?
Left back - URGENT!
Centre back - Not sure on Woolf
Centre mid - Competition and more cover
Winger - Love Dobs but could do with one more
How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 10:31 - Jul 28 with 1349 viewsCheltenham_Blue

GK - Youngster on loan from Premiership Club
LB - Coulson
CB - Experienced CB (Captain) with Prem/Championship experience
Right sided attacker.- (cover for Burns/KVY)

Possibly another RB too, can't see the preference would be to put Burns there long term should KVY pick up an injury. Unless Donacien has sold himself to Cook?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 10:34 - Jul 28 with 1327 viewsBlueandTruesince82

I think a backup keeps, a LB and CB and we should be good.

Maybe another wing option

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 10:34 - Jul 28 with 1325 viewsThatIpswichMan

How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 10:31 - Jul 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

LB - Coulson

Possibly another RB too, can't see the preference would be to put Burns there long term should KVY pick up an injury. Unless Donacien has sold himself to Cook?

Would agree with that.

Edmundson has all the minerals to be a good captain, but perhaps too young right now.

Tom Lees would be dreamy.

As for RB, can't see us strengthening any more in that area.
How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 10:36 - Jul 28 with 1300 viewsThatIpswichMan

How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 10:34 - Jul 28 by BlueandTruesince82

I think a backup keeps, a LB and CB and we should be good.

Maybe another wing option

Agree, I think it's got to the stage now where LB remains critical, but anything other signings will be brought in as back-ups to bolster the squad.
How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 10:44 - Jul 28 with 1246 viewsHighgateBlue

How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 10:31 - Jul 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

LB - Coulson

I think that Donacien may well have sold himself to Cook. I'd be happy with him staying as a squad player.

As for GK, are you saying that Hladky isn't good enough? I can understand people wanting a replacement back up GK instead of Holy (although it isn't a priority for me), but surely a Prem club isn't going to loan us a youngster who's better than Holy if he's just going to warm the bench?
How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 10:49 - Jul 28 with 1200 viewsCheltenham_Blue

How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 10:44 - Jul 28 by HighgateBlue

I think that Donacien may well have sold himself to Cook. I'd be happy with him staying as a squad player.

As for GK, are you saying that Hladky isn't good enough? I can understand people wanting a replacement back up GK instead of Holy (although it isn't a priority for me), but surely a Prem club isn't going to loan us a youngster who's better than Holy if he's just going to warm the bench?

No Hladky is plenty good enough.

Plenty of Premier League clubs would be happy to loan a youngster, even if on the bench. Its about being part of a match day squad and training with seasoned professionals for a season rather than at a training ground playing in Premier League 2.

Theres more than one kind of 'experience' kids need to get.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 11:03 - Jul 28 with 1131 viewsjayessess

Holy had a bad game last night, but there's been a bit of an over-reaction. Holy's a mid-table League 1 keeper. It's very unlikely that we'll improve on him much when recruiting explicitly for a backup.

Last season we recruited one of the better keepers in League 2, he was worse than Holy.
Season before that we loaned a promising youth from a Premier League team, he was worse than Holy. On both occasions we could tell the player and the loaning club that they'd get game time. Why are people so confident that all these excellent keepers want to sit on our bench in League 1?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 11:10 - Jul 28 with 1070 viewsKeno

for sh1t and giggles we should bid on anyone Sunderland and Portsmouth are linked with
[Post edited 28 Jul 2021 11:13]

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

How many more signings until we're 'done'? on 11:45 - Jul 28 with 926 viewscaptainfantastic

We are not signing another gk. Holy is more than good enough as a no.2 in this league. Despite one poor performance is a pre season friendly.

Poll: player of the season so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024