Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching the rock climbing? 10:44 - Aug 4 with 574 viewsTractorCam

Found the speed racing awesome to watch, where as this bouldering is a load of nonsense, just falling off at the same point time and time again.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2021 10:44]

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Anyone watching the rock climbing? on 10:52 - Aug 4 with 534 viewsWallingford_Boy

Tidy little things aren't they?

RIP Sir Bobby

Anyone watching the rock climbing? on 11:04 - Aug 4 with 507 viewsSteve_M

Bouldering is a technical exercise, indeed so is most sport climbing, rather than a purely speed based discipline. It's been tweaked for the Olympics so it's a bit different to what the climbers would normally do.

I suppose from, the casual perspective, most people see it like you do - so it's been a welcome addition to the games.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone watching the rock climbing? on 15:42 - Aug 4 with 393 viewsSwansea_Blue

I still have nightmares after watching Free Solo.

I did a bit of climbing once and learned fairly quickly that despite loving mountains and doing gnarly outdoors stuff, I didn't have a head for the heights of big climbs. I lost a close work colleague who fell of a cliff too when he was in his early 30s. That finished off any thoughts of doing any more.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone watching the rock climbing? on 15:46 - Aug 4 with 385 viewswkj

Not as good as Gladiators, but close

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone watching the rock climbing? on 15:54 - Aug 4 with 375 viewsMerseyBlue

Very much enjoyed it, cool addition to the games. On a similar note, the climbing documentary Free Solo is fantastic.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Anyone watching the rock climbing? on 16:16 - Aug 4 with 348 viewsTractorCam

Anyone watching the rock climbing? on 15:42 - Aug 4 by Swansea_Blue

I still have nightmares after watching Free Solo.

I did a bit of climbing once and learned fairly quickly that despite loving mountains and doing gnarly outdoors stuff, I didn't have a head for the heights of big climbs. I lost a close work colleague who fell of a cliff too when he was in his early 30s. That finished off any thoughts of doing any more.

Sorry to hear about your mate.

Was there a third climbing event? Thought I may have overheard that but they then cut to athletics.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024