Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
@Phil a question for you re: Downes. 12:03 - Aug 4 with 1921 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Now, I wouldn't expect you to KNOW the answer but interested in your opinion.

Downes is still playing with the U23s and the manager saying the door is always open to any player at the club...

Do you think:

- Downes is being punished for a wantaway attitude or perceived lack of effort by being kept with the stiffs?

- PC just doesn't fancy him under any circumstances?

- PC needs to sell him to balance the books before buying an actual player he wants?

It strikes me that if Kayden Jackson can play his way back into the fold (even if it's only temporary until he's shipped out) Downes an argueably much better player and potentially a combative one at this level could still make it back.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

@Phil a question for you re: Downes. on 12:06 - Aug 4 with 1893 viewsPhilTWTD

Think he's in the stiffs as he wants to go and so the manager doesn't consider him part of his plans. I'm sure he rates him, he's probably still among our best midfielders, potentially the best, there's probably too much water under the bridge now for him to be return to the fold, I would guess.
@Phil a question for you re: Downes. on 12:10 - Aug 4 with 1808 viewsOriginalMarkyP

@Phil a question for you re: Downes. on 12:06 - Aug 4 by PhilTWTD

Think he's in the stiffs as he wants to go and so the manager doesn't consider him part of his plans. I'm sure he rates him, he's probably still among our best midfielders, potentially the best, there's probably too much water under the bridge now for him to be return to the fold, I would guess.

If Downes really wants a decent move away, I'd suggest the best way to get one is to get in the first team and tear it up on the pitch. I'd have thought better clubs are far more likely to buy a player who is on fire and performing well week in week out rather than one who's sulking and going through the motions for the U23s.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

@Phil a question for you re: Downes. on 12:40 - Aug 4 with 1561 viewsbluefunk

@Phil a question for you re: Downes. on 12:10 - Aug 4 by OriginalMarkyP

If Downes really wants a decent move away, I'd suggest the best way to get one is to get in the first team and tear it up on the pitch. I'd have thought better clubs are far more likely to buy a player who is on fire and performing well week in week out rather than one who's sulking and going through the motions for the U23s.

Downes has the perfect excuse, he's been sent to the U23s, he didnt choose it. Everyone involved here will likely wait this out until the last minute, to see who blinks first, ITFC on their valuation, Downes on his wage demands, other clubs on their valuations.

Nobody doubts he is a good player, at this stage, he isnt going to be part of ITFC going forward, so lets just move on
@Phil a question for you re: Downes. on 12:41 - Aug 4 with 1549 viewsGarv

Tell that to Man City.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

@Phil a question for you re: Downes. on 12:51 - Aug 4 with 1453 viewsitfcjoe

@Phil a question for you re: Downes. on 12:40 - Aug 4 by bluefunk

Downes has the perfect excuse, he's been sent to the U23s, he didnt choose it. Everyone involved here will likely wait this out until the last minute, to see who blinks first, ITFC on their valuation, Downes on his wage demands, other clubs on their valuations.

Nobody doubts he is a good player, at this stage, he isnt going to be part of ITFC going forward, so lets just move on

I doubt Downes wage demands are an issue - he just needs us and another club to strike up a deal

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

@Phil a question for you re: Downes. on 16:03 - Aug 4 with 857 viewsArnieM

He’s been sulking since Town declined any derisory Palace offer.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024