Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last Night attacks 20:39 - Aug 18 with 1155 viewschrismakin

Will forget that second half, nightmares

but interesting watching the some of the first half 'opportunities' again,
Obviously Bonne's miss is in there
now i'm not saying these are genuine chances, but they were opportunities that potentially could have lead to more with a bit more understanding and potentially in the future we will see it.

For example, Pigott.. through to the area after clever work by Edwards... tries to bring it to right foot - could have put it across to Bonne, or hit it with his left... i'd say half chance
Edwards again, making direct runs towards the Chelt defence, Pigott ran towards Edwards, rather than moving across to the right and being able to either be played through by Edwards or created a free area for Edwards to get a shot off.

There are a few others, if you watch back and have a look, there are a fair other 'opportunities' that hopefullly with this 'gelling' period and being able to watch it back, we can show the players these small things that will make a difference and turn opportunities into chances and hopefully goals.

Understand the above isnt anything exciting, but it is a positive imo.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Last Night attacks on 20:45 - Aug 18 with 1103 viewsMetal_Hacker

Ensuring you’re in the right position to receive the ball or deliver the ball has nothing to do with “gelling” - it’s basic repetitive coaching on the training field

Perhaps that’s where the issue lies for now maybe

Poll: If it were one or the other

Last Night attacks on 20:48 - Aug 18 with 1091 viewssaffers12

Last Night attacks on 20:45 - Aug 18 by Metal_Hacker

Ensuring you’re in the right position to receive the ball or deliver the ball has nothing to do with “gelling” - it’s basic repetitive coaching on the training field

I thought Bonne was very good in the channels and protecting the ball and recycling it
Last Night attacks on 20:51 - Aug 18 with 1072 viewsMetal_Hacker

Last Night attacks on 20:48 - Aug 18 by saffers12

I thought Bonne was very good in the channels and protecting the ball and recycling it

I think he did too actually

For me the issue if there is an “issue” lies in and around the midfield. Said it a few times today without getting too repetitive
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 20:54]

Last Night attacks on 20:54 - Aug 18 with 1035 viewschrismakin

Last Night attacks on 20:45 - Aug 18 by Metal_Hacker

Whilst I agree about the training. It is gelling imo

Piggott learning where his team mates are going to be. That natural trust
Knowing Edwards was going to continue his direct run rather than thinking he was going another way etc.
Penny and Edwards being able to read one another on the left, when to time the overlaps etc.

As you say training is key.. and thus the gelling aspect will improve each week.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Last Night attacks on 20:56 - Aug 18 with 1024 viewssaffers12

Last Night attacks on 20:51 - Aug 18 by Metal_Hacker

I think he did too actually

For me the issue if there is an “issue” lies in and around the midfield. Said it a few times today without getting too repetitive
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 20:54]

We are not streetwise enough in there, can't imagine Rotherham would buckle under that pressure
Last Night attacks on 20:56 - Aug 18 with 1018 viewschrismakin

Last Night attacks on 20:48 - Aug 18 by saffers12

Made the Fraser role a bit more frustrating.. many times bone was in the corner having got to a ball, but it took an age for Fraser to get over there..

Last Night attacks on 21:00 - Aug 18 with 989 viewsMetal_Hacker

Last Night attacks on 20:56 - Aug 18 by saffers12

We are not streetwise enough in there, can't imagine Rotherham would buckle under that pressure

It’s a bizarre one because I can’t fault either Evans or Harper individually - I think Harper is the bet midfielder we’ve had for some time. I think Evans is an annoying fûcker but I’d rather him be like that playing for us as opposed to playing against but the two together and what they’re being asked doesn’t work IMHO. They get broken through too easily which I’ll add , isn’t their fault as I think it’s more how they’re being asked to play.

I do believe we needed / need that ugly midfield destroyer but then would that fit PC’s system

Hopefully as I said earlier today , 2.5 days at Playford may offer some results

Last Night attacks on 21:00 - Aug 18 with 987 viewssaffers12

Last Night attacks on 20:56 - Aug 18 by chrismakin

Made the Fraser role a bit more frustrating.. many times bone was in the corner having got to a ball, but it took an age for Fraser to get over there..

It did I thought that

Taken me 24 hours to calm down about the game

However coined the phrase "it is the hope the kills you " was sport on
Login to get fewer ads

Last Night attacks on 21:02 - Aug 18 with 961 viewsMetal_Hacker

Last Night attacks on 20:56 - Aug 18 by chrismakin

I’ll agree with that as well. Bonne held it up really well but yeah Fraser seemed to take an age to get there to help. Again not his fault but I’ll go back the the “midfield” issue I think we have

Last Night attacks on 21:08 - Aug 18 with 914 viewschrismakin

Last Night attacks on 21:02 - Aug 18 by Metal_Hacker

I’ll agree with that as well. Bonne held it up really well but yeah Fraser seemed to take an age to get there to help. Again not his fault but I’ll go back the the “midfield” issue I think we have

Makes it more frustrating for fans when you see the issues and it appears to be an easy fix...

Fraser inside gives the 2 behind a third man. They're your play makers. One of the 2 can sit allowing the other to go if support needed. Widemen rotate with the fullbacks. So if penny goes Edwards drops. Vice verser. Bonne has ball in corner, wideman supports when ball is mid air. When ball drops you'll have 2 Town players in close proximity whilst Pigott and fraser take their place in the box, fullback otherside takes up the far post.
Etc etc

Last Night attacks on 21:22 - Aug 18 with 845 viewsFixed_It

Last Night attacks on 21:00 - Aug 18 by Metal_Hacker

It’s a bizarre one because I can’t fault either Evans or Harper individually - I think Harper is the bet midfielder we’ve had for some time. I think Evans is an annoying fûcker but I’d rather him be like that playing for us as opposed to playing against but the two together and what they’re being asked doesn’t work IMHO. They get broken through too easily which I’ll add , isn’t their fault as I think it’s more how they’re being asked to play.

I do believe we needed / need that ugly midfield destroyer but then would that fit PC’s system

Hopefully as I said earlier today , 2.5 days at Playford may offer some results

No match midweek next week. Get a result on Saturday hopefully, and then work on the training ground with a full squad (injuries permitting).

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Last Night attacks on 21:28 - Aug 18 with 808 viewsMetal_Hacker

Last Night attacks on 21:22 - Aug 18 by Fixed_It

No match midweek next week. Get a result on Saturday hopefully, and then work on the training ground with a full squad (injuries permitting).

That’s the dream

Last Night attacks on 22:08 - Aug 18 with 707 viewsBeckets

Last Night attacks on 21:22 - Aug 18 by Fixed_It

This is the genius of Cook. Loses against Newport so he has a free week when the next round of the Carabao Cup is in order to work on gelling the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024