Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For me gelling isn't the issue. 16:53 - Aug 21 with 1396 viewsTheBoyBlue

We are playing well, generally passing well and creating chances.

However, whilst the errors in defence are worrying, I know they are looking to rectify that and we have Edmundson coming in. Plus we always knew it was always more about attacking then defending.

Up front concerns me though. Bonne apart, for the supposedly superior attacking power we've brought in, we still seem absolutely hopeless in front of goal, panicking whenever we get sight of goal.

Still, I'm willing to believe that it will happen, just worried about how long it's going to take.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 16:57 - Aug 21 with 1231 viewsnshearman1

I've always said, you need to re-build from the back, the spine of the team. Obsessed with attacking wing-backs, Cook has thrown out previous CHs without fully bringing in the required CHs early.
For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:02 - Aug 21 with 1134 viewsNorfolkBlue1

In other words, they need to gel ..
For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:04 - Aug 21 with 1107 viewsTheBoyBlue

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 16:57 - Aug 21 by nshearman1

I've always said, you need to re-build from the back, the spine of the team. Obsessed with attacking wing-backs, Cook has thrown out previous CHs without fully bringing in the required CHs early.

If I'm honest, I envisaged that we would be winning lots of games 3-2 and 4-3 and I would be perfectly happy with that, even if my doctor wouldn't. However, I really thought that having acquired what on the face of it is a higher standard of strikers and midfielders that we would be far more clinical up front. Yet, Bonne apart, it just seems more of the same in front of goal.

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:06 - Aug 21 with 1081 viewsCokeIsKey

We were totally outplayed by Mk dons though, even considering all the individual errors they hit the bar twice and had way more shots than us. The side as a whole has looked fairly good individually (besides Evans) but we’re just looking nowhere near a team yet.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:06 - Aug 21 with 1066 viewsTheBoyBlue

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:02 - Aug 21 by NorfolkBlue1

In other words, they need to gel ..

I don't think they do. There's nothing I'd change about how we've generally performed this season apart from dreadful finishing and silly mistakes. That isn't anything to do with gelling, that's individual professional footballers, most of them with years of experience behind them, making mistakes that they shouldn't be, regardless of how familiar they are with players around them.

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:16 - Aug 21 with 972 viewsHerbivore

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:06 - Aug 21 by TheBoyBlue

I don't think they do. There's nothing I'd change about how we've generally performed this season apart from dreadful finishing and silly mistakes. That isn't anything to do with gelling, that's individual professional footballers, most of them with years of experience behind them, making mistakes that they shouldn't be, regardless of how familiar they are with players around them.

I've not seen today's game but on the two games I have seen the full 90 minutes we've not created much at all, so I really don't think it is a case that we're playing well but just not taking our chances. We don't look a cohesive side yet, understandably, but we should have enough quality to be getting past some of the sides we've played.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:20 - Aug 21 with 931 viewsTheBoyBlue

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:06 - Aug 21 by CokeIsKey

We were totally outplayed by Mk dons though, even considering all the individual errors they hit the bar twice and had way more shots than us. The side as a whole has looked fairly good individually (besides Evans) but we’re just looking nowhere near a team yet.

We weren't outplayed though. I just saw two good teams battling it out. There's a lot of good work going on on the pitch, it just needs better finishing and cut out the mistakes at the back.

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:29 - Aug 21 with 872 viewsTheBoyBlue

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:16 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

I've not seen today's game but on the two games I have seen the full 90 minutes we've not created much at all, so I really don't think it is a case that we're playing well but just not taking our chances. We don't look a cohesive side yet, understandably, but we should have enough quality to be getting past some of the sides we've played.

Today was the first game when we haven't created more chances then the other side, yet we've still had 11 chances.

11 chances vs Cheltenham, 14 vs Burton, 25 vs Newport, 13 vs Morecombe. We're getting chances, but missing LOTS of them still. Points lost from a missed penalty, individual, ridiculous errors at the back in at least two games. Passing is generally better.

I'm generally impressed, but worried most about in front of goal, especially as that was the area where we should be far better.

Login to get fewer ads

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:53 - Aug 21 with 797 viewsHerbivore

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:29 - Aug 21 by TheBoyBlue

Today was the first game when we haven't created more chances then the other side, yet we've still had 11 chances.

11 chances vs Cheltenham, 14 vs Burton, 25 vs Newport, 13 vs Morecombe. We're getting chances, but missing LOTS of them still. Points lost from a missed penalty, individual, ridiculous errors at the back in at least two games. Passing is generally better.

I'm generally impressed, but worried most about in front of goal, especially as that was the area where we should be far better.

You're confusing shots/attempts with chances. We really aren't creating many genuine chances, not in the two games I've seen in full.

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:58 - Aug 21 with 774 viewspointofblue

We've scored six goals in four games; that's not an overly dreadful return. We simply cannot keep conceding two goals a game and expect wins. For the most part, two should be enough.

I didn't think the defence did badly today - indeed both the big error and the utter mess we made of controlling the game came from central midfield, an area which has supposed had the chance to 'gel' the most.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:04 - Aug 21 with 747 viewsChrisd

Going to stick my neck out and I know some won't like it, but for me I think we miss Norwood especially his tenacity.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2021 18:05]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:05 - Aug 21 with 736 viewsbackwaywhen

You have forgot to mention how loose with the ball we , whether it’s a nervousness waiting for that first win especially at home , Mk although they made errors they generally had more control over the ball than we did and looked quite an effective team IMO .
Very error prone in most areas.
For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:06 - Aug 21 with 715 viewspointofblue

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:04 - Aug 21 by Chrisd

Going to stick my neck out and I know some won't like it, but for me I think we miss Norwood especially his tenacity.

Only if we can stick him in central midfield.

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:10 - Aug 21 with 687 viewsChrisd

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:06 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

Only if we can stick him in central midfield.

We need a holding midfielder that is clear as day, but I'd like to see Norwood starting in some capacity in an attacking sense, but that will mean PC changing his formation and playing two up top and I can't see that.

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:12 - Aug 21 with 659 viewspointofblue

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:10 - Aug 21 by Chrisd

We need a holding midfielder that is clear as day, but I'd like to see Norwood starting in some capacity in an attacking sense, but that will mean PC changing his formation and playing two up top and I can't see that.

I think Norwood is one of those options that we can bring up to maybe put the wind up a defence near the end of a game, which worked against Morecambe. I'm not sure whether he's as reliable in terms of finishing as Bonne, although I realise I'm saying that after Bonne missed a sitter at Cheltenham!

I don't think 4-4-2 would work for us, at least at the moment. We were over-run with three guys supposedly in the middle; I dread to think what would happen with two.

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:27 - Aug 21 with 615 viewsChrisd

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:12 - Aug 21 by pointofblue

I think Norwood is one of those options that we can bring up to maybe put the wind up a defence near the end of a game, which worked against Morecambe. I'm not sure whether he's as reliable in terms of finishing as Bonne, although I realise I'm saying that after Bonne missed a sitter at Cheltenham!

I don't think 4-4-2 would work for us, at least at the moment. We were over-run with three guys supposedly in the middle; I dread to think what would happen with two.

We've got two central midfielders that want to push forwards and we have full backs that are encouraged to push up to support the attack, we're too exposed defensively which leaves holes the opposition exploit. PC needs to find that balance, in the last 10 days of this transfer window a combative midfielder would be by No.1 target as Harper, Carroll or Evans aren't that type of player.

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:28 - Aug 21 with 605 viewsChurchman

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:04 - Aug 21 by Chrisd

Forget Norwood. 20 appearances in each of the last 2 seasons and already injured this time around. He can’t stay fit.
For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:30 - Aug 21 with 580 viewsHerbivore

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:28 - Aug 21 by Churchman

Forget Norwood. 20 appearances in each of the last 2 seasons and already injured this time around. He can’t stay fit.

Bonne has grabbed three goals in four games, only two of which he's started. I think he looks plenty good enough as our main striker at the minute.

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:37 - Aug 21 with 548 viewsTheBoyBlue

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:53 - Aug 21 by Herbivore

You're confusing shots/attempts with chances. We really aren't creating many genuine chances, not in the two games I've seen in full.

It's still more than we have been used to on a regular basis in recent years and I'm still disappointed that we haven't scored more.

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 18:44 - Aug 21 with 510 viewslegoman

For me gelling isn't the issue. on 17:04 - Aug 21 by TheBoyBlue

If I'm honest, I envisaged that we would be winning lots of games 3-2 and 4-3 and I would be perfectly happy with that, even if my doctor wouldn't. However, I really thought that having acquired what on the face of it is a higher standard of strikers and midfielders that we would be far more clinical up front. Yet, Bonne apart, it just seems more of the same in front of goal.

Early days! Cooky will work wonders next week! Plus a bit of gelling.

Poll: Sheepshanks 5 years -v- Evans 5 points

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024