Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just having a think about the new additions. 09:17 - Sep 1 with 652 viewsOwainG1992

Many of these new signings would have put a smile on our face in the Championship.
How wonderful is that when you really think about it.
I know it's what might have been but just imagine if Mick would have been backed in this sort of way back circa 2014-2016.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Just having a think about the new additions. on 10:27 - Sep 1 with 508 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yep, you're absolutely right, we would probably have gone up.

But then Mick continued to publicly back Evans, in spite of what we know now, and instead started a long running feud with a section of the fans, and NEVER made an attempt to mend bridges or explain the situation or the reasoning of decisions like replacing Murphy with Leon Best.

I'm no footballer, but I understand motivation, and Ipswich Town can't have been the best place to play your football back then.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Just having a think about the new additions. on 10:41 - Sep 1 with 467 viewsmutters

Just having a think about the new additions. on 10:27 - Sep 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

But then Mick continued to publicly back Evans, in spite of what we know now, and instead started a long running feud with a section of the fans, and NEVER made an attempt to mend bridges or explain the situation or the reasoning of decisions like replacing Murphy with Leon Best.

I'm no footballer, but I understand motivation, and Ipswich Town can't have been the best place to play your football back then.

If you recall there was a section of the fans that went after Mick continuously and in the end, he reacted. It is completely unfair to say that he started a long-running feud. He made mistakes but he always came across as an honest upfront man. Some of our fans we complete bellends then towards him and to be honest I'd told a load of them to f-off as well if I had been subject to that amount of abuse.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Mick's ability to motivate players..... on 10:44 - Sep 1 with 451 viewsBloots

Just having a think about the new additions. on 10:27 - Sep 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

....or create a decent "team spirit" should never be questioned, so that's a strange take on things.

I think you may be confusing his teams with those put out by the turds that have been in charge since he left.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Just having a think about the new additions. on 12:46 - Sep 1 with 338 viewsThe_Last_Baron

I doubt we'd have ever won promotion with McCarthy. Apart from three months around Oct-Dec 2014, we never looked like a promotion side. That was with the League's best striker, best goalkeeper, Tyrone Mings and Berra when he was top of his game.

Mick did well for three years but the football was never up to much in terms of excitement.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024