Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Solheim Cup 21:26 - Sep 4 with 955 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bit of a mistake from Europe picking up an overhanging US ball without allowing sufficient time for it to possibly drop.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Solheim Cup on 22:46 - Sep 4 with 869 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Proved a costly error losing by that one hole in that match.

Need to put it behind her for the next match.

Solheim Cup on 09:08 - Sep 5 with 717 viewsWeekender

Unfortunate as that ball was never going to drop

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Solheim Cup on 09:48 - Sep 5 with 686 viewsbluestandard

Wrong call from the rules official imo. You can clearly hear the official saying that ‘it doesn’t matter if the ball was never going to drop’ or words to that effect. It clearly does matter. You only get 10 seconds if the ball is close enough to the edge that it might drop. Otherwise, it would be 10 seconds for every single shot played! You can hear Europe making that argument, and it’s hard to disagree. The US team clearly didn’t feel strongly that it had a chance of dropping. Cameras can’t really show us, but the players will have known.
Solheim Cup on 12:17 - Sep 5 with 628 viewsDarth_Koont

Solheim Cup on 09:48 - Sep 5 by bluestandard

Wrong call from the rules official imo. You can clearly hear the official saying that ‘it doesn’t matter if the ball was never going to drop’ or words to that effect. It clearly does matter. You only get 10 seconds if the ball is close enough to the edge that it might drop. Otherwise, it would be 10 seconds for every single shot played! You can hear Europe making that argument, and it’s hard to disagree. The US team clearly didn’t feel strongly that it had a chance of dropping. Cameras can’t really show us, but the players will have known.

Just had a look at the incident. Unfortunate all round but was a silly mistake to make with the ball that close to the hole.

I agree the ball almost certainly was never going to drop. But it was obviously in a position where interpretations couldn’t come into it so they needed to wait out the 10 seconds.

Hope it doesn’t come back to bite Europe.

Pronouns: He/Him

Solheim Cup on 14:06 - Sep 5 with 588 viewsbluestandard

Solheim Cup on 12:17 - Sep 5 by Darth_Koont

Just had a look at the incident. Unfortunate all round but was a silly mistake to make with the ball that close to the hole.

I agree the ball almost certainly was never going to drop. But it was obviously in a position where interpretations couldn’t come into it so they needed to wait out the 10 seconds.

Hope it doesn’t come back to bite Europe.

I understand your point here. I think my point was slightly different, in that the rules official incorrectly applied the 10-second rule regardless of whether the ball had any chance of dropping. If she disagreed with Europe and said that it was close enough to have a chance of dropping, I could see the logic of her decision, but that’s not what was said I don’t think.

Your point is totally valid though as the whole thing could have been avoided if she had just waited.

Team Europe doing well currently though, just need to keep going!
Solheim Cup on 16:44 - Sep 5 with 535 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Solheim Cup on 14:06 - Sep 5 by bluestandard

I understand your point here. I think my point was slightly different, in that the rules official incorrectly applied the 10-second rule regardless of whether the ball had any chance of dropping. If she disagreed with Europe and said that it was close enough to have a chance of dropping, I could see the logic of her decision, but that’s not what was said I don’t think.

Your point is totally valid though as the whole thing could have been avoided if she had just waited.

Team Europe doing well currently though, just need to keep going!

The argument was that it was overhanging the hole.

In real time it looked as if she was desperate to move it before it had a chance to drop. She should have been calmer and waited. It was a spur of the moment mistake and one the rules official was right on top of. A costly mistake.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024