Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EADT ranking of new signings 09:19 - Sep 5 with 3816 viewsTractorFrog

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/ranking-new-itfc-signings-8294196

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:24 - Sep 5 with 3755 viewsPinewoodblue

Be interesting see to how different the list would be come end of season. Which players will have moved higher and which have fallen.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:27 - Sep 5 with 3743 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Edwards not being at number 1 is absolutely criminal.

Never been so sure we’ve got a premier league player on our hands. And never been so sure I’ve seen a superstar in such a short period of time.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:41 - Sep 5 with 3647 viewsBudapestByBlimp

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:27 - Sep 5 by The_Romford_Blue

Never been so sure we’ve got a premier league player on our hands. And never been so sure I’ve seen a superstar in such a short period of time.

Agreed, he looks too good for League One. Drifts past players with ease, lots of pace but also close control, can hold onto the ball in tight situations and find an easy pass. Looks dangerous cutting inside with a good shot. The only thing lacking is probably quality of cross so far. Edwards was the standout player in Harper's highlights reel when we signed him.

Never seen Morsy play but, if what everyone is saying is correct, then he is exactly the type of player we need to give the team balance between attack and defence. Won't be the type of player that catches the eye like Edwards but will be equally important to the team.
EADT ranking of new signings on 09:43 - Sep 5 with 3636 viewsFreddies_Ears

But he only does it 2 or 3 times in a game. He should be able to make a dozen or more such runs.
EADT ranking of new signings on 09:44 - Sep 5 with 3618 viewschrismakin

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:41 - Sep 5 by BudapestByBlimp

Agreed, he looks too good for League One. Drifts past players with ease, lots of pace but also close control, can hold onto the ball in tight situations and find an easy pass. Looks dangerous cutting inside with a good shot. The only thing lacking is probably quality of cross so far. Edwards was the standout player in Harper's highlights reel when we signed him.

Never seen Morsy play but, if what everyone is saying is correct, then he is exactly the type of player we need to give the team balance between attack and defence. Won't be the type of player that catches the eye like Edwards but will be equally important to the team.

Edwards is one of those that needs to come off around the 70th minute mark, and one of those front 4 PC would like to sub rather than fullbacks or other players for fitness reasons. To be able to swap Edwards for a Chaplin, or Barry, or Celina, or Burns, or penney, is a far cry from bringing on sears to go wide..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:49 - Sep 5 with 3576 viewsGarv

Really? He's proper exciting and I'm sure he probably is too good to be at L1 level, but has he scored a goal yet? Assist even?

He looks a great talent, but people are going well over the top on him, I have to admit.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:56 - Sep 5 with 3532 viewsStadiumofdark

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:44 - Sep 5 by chrismakin

Edwards is one of those that needs to come off around the 70th minute mark, and one of those front 4 PC would like to sub rather than fullbacks or other players for fitness reasons. To be able to swap Edwards for a Chaplin, or Barry, or Celina, or Burns, or penney, is a far cry from bringing on sears to go wide..

but "Sears would score 50 if played through the middle".

I miss those days!!
EADT ranking of new signings on 10:01 - Sep 5 with 3501 viewschrismakin

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:49 - Sep 5 by Garv

Really? He's proper exciting and I'm sure he probably is too good to be at L1 level, but has he scored a goal yet? Assist even?

He looks a great talent, but people are going well over the top on him, I have to admit.

Players like Edwards is when I wish Dyer was part of the 1st team set up. If there's anyone you want involved in the development of flair players, it's dyer.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Login to get fewer ads

EADT ranking of new signings on 10:02 - Sep 5 with 3501 viewsBudapestByBlimp

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:44 - Sep 5 by chrismakin

What the EADT article hightlighted, if we didn't already know, was the strength in depth we now have. Penney (despite having a goal and assist) and Carroll low down on the list when they would have walked into the team last season.
EADT ranking of new signings on 10:06 - Sep 5 with 3488 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:43 - Sep 5 by Freddies_Ears

But he only does it 2 or 3 times in a game. He should be able to make a dozen or more such runs.

2nd most successful dribbles in the league despite playing half the games of everyone else

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

EADT ranking of new signings on 10:11 - Sep 5 with 3457 viewschrismakin

EADT ranking of new signings on 10:06 - Sep 5 by The_Romford_Blue

2nd most successful dribbles in the league despite playing half the games of everyone else

Problem is, alot will only count how many time he 'skins' a player on the flanks, not the ones he does inside when he takes on 3/4 players to advance our phase of play

EADT ranking of new signings on 10:24 - Sep 5 with 3409 viewsDubtractor

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:49 - Sep 5 by Garv

I was going to say similar.

He looks a very exciting player, the type that I'll gladly go and pay good money to watch, but there needs to be an end product. Not judging him all yet, its way too early, but for me the most important/best signings are Morsy, Walton and Celina.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 10:26]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

EADT ranking of new signings on 10:44 - Sep 5 with 3312 viewshoppy

I’m tempted to suggest the most important signing isn’t even on the list, or the pitch for that matter, but from his involvement in a lot of these other deals, surely Mark Ashton has been the addition we’ve been lacking and needing for years?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

EADT ranking of new signings on 11:01 - Sep 5 with 3243 viewsITFC_Forever

Nonsense filler article as it’s an International weekend.

Impossible to judge most of them as they’ve either not played this season or have only played one or two games.
Even the ones who have played every game are still finding their feet.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

EADT ranking of new signings on 12:54 - Sep 5 with 3027 viewsThe_Realist_09

EADT ranking of new signings on 09:43 - Sep 5 by Freddies_Ears

Second highest successful dribbles per game in the league as it stands.

Behind Bolton's Oladapo Afolayan who we face next.

Teddy Bishop also makes the top 5.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 12:58]
EADT ranking of new signings on 13:29 - Sep 5 with 2944 viewsJ2BLUE

EADT ranking of new signings on 11:01 - Sep 5 by ITFC_Forever

Impossible to judge most of them as they’ve either not played this season or have only played one or two games.

This. Seems a little unnecessary as well.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

EADT ranking of new signings on 13:54 - Sep 5 with 2878 viewsWD19

You are being incredibly generous. It is a hot mess.
EADT ranking of new signings on 13:57 - Sep 5 with 2870 viewschicoazul

EADT ranking of new signings on 10:24 - Sep 5 by Dubtractor

I was going to say similar.

He looks a very exciting player, the type that I'll gladly go and pay good money to watch, but there needs to be an end product. Not judging him all yet, its way too early, but for me the most important/best signings are Morsy, Walton and Celina.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2021 10:26]

Walton 100% will be the most important, Celina will probably be the “best”. Morsy seems to be just a good steady Eddie in midfield who breaks things up and brings out the best in everyone else. Hmmmm, didn’t we have a player just like that recently..?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

EADT ranking of new signings on 14:39 - Sep 5 with 2753 viewsJ2BLUE

EADT ranking of new signings on 13:57 - Sep 5 by chicoazul

Walton 100% will be the most important, Celina will probably be the “best”. Morsy seems to be just a good steady Eddie in midfield who breaks things up and brings out the best in everyone else. Hmmmm, didn’t we have a player just like that recently..?

If you mean Downes, he literally asked to leave.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

EADT ranking of new signings on 14:51 - Sep 5 with 2736 viewspositivity

never fall in love with a winger.

our previous edwards had spells like that, carayol made a similar initial impact!

i'm very excited by him, but feel that success will be more dependent on how good the more prosaic players (like walton, edmundson, evans and morsy ) are

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

EADT ranking of new signings on 16:11 - Sep 5 with 2582 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How can Celina be top? If he had signed without having a serious heart condition, then yes. There is no way he tops the list (or even comes that close to the top) now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

EADT ranking of new signings on 16:17 - Sep 5 with 2563 viewsNthsuffolkblue

EADT ranking of new signings on 16:11 - Sep 5 by Nthsuffolkblue

How can Celina be top? If he had signed without having a serious heart condition, then yes. There is no way he tops the list (or even comes that close to the top) now.

I would also add that if Edmundson is 13th and Walton 15th then we are going to be relying a lot on Morsy to solve our defensive problems.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

EADT ranking of new signings on 17:32 - Sep 5 with 2417 viewschicoazul

EADT ranking of new signings on 14:39 - Sep 5 by J2BLUE

If you mean Downes, he literally asked to leave.

Skuse

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

EADT ranking of new signings on 17:38 - Sep 5 with 2396 viewsDeano69

Quite.

As an example, Chaplin has one game, fairly terrible and goes in at 5.... Walton at 15.... lol

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

EADT ranking of new signings on 17:44 - Sep 5 with 2381 viewspositivity

EADT ranking of new signings on 17:32 - Sep 5 by chicoazul

Skuse

from what i've seen of morsy, he's more of a combative tackler than skuse, the type of player we hoped hyam or downes might develop into.

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024