Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... 08:30 - Oct 20 with 574 viewsblueboyd

...and the team win. Not allowed to be annoyed at a loss, or happy at a win. My Crime? not being a fan of the manager.

I lost respect for Cook for the way he treated the young players whose careers were coming to an end at this club, and some of the pro's who had given long service to this club and community. Having first hand experience of what it did to some of the players, it could have been handled so differently.

Do I want ITFC to fail, no of course not. Am I happy when we win, absolutely. Do I think he is someone who should be congratulated when we win, yes and likewise criticised if he has lacked something to get us into some of the games we have lost or given points away.

I see posts on social media about last nights result 'sticking 2 fingers up to the Cook-haters" etc. etc. - You would be hard pushed to find people who pay good money to watch their team sit there hoping we lose, or hoping we concede and wanting the manager to lose games. Not for me really, like I say, I think he acted unprofessionally and I lost respect for the man, I only want success for my club and if he is the manager and gives us success then I will be celebrating like the rest.

Follow this win last night up with a win on Saturday and the corner is turned and we can really aim for the play-offs then. Top 2 is gone IMO - It is a big game on Saturday.
Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... on 08:34 - Oct 20 with 537 viewsSteve_M

Indeed, there's a weird amount of people who would rather score internet points than enjoy a very good away win.

We're still only 13th, we've underperformed across the season to date and threw a 2-0 lead away less than a week ago. There's a way to go in terms of consistency before we can declare that everything is working.

It all looks much better after a big win though, get another on Saturday and we're well set up for Plymouth and Wycombe.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... on 08:36 - Oct 20 with 512 viewswkj

Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... on 08:34 - Oct 20 by Steve_M

Indeed, there's a weird amount of people who would rather score internet points than enjoy a very good away win.

We're still only 13th, we've underperformed across the season to date and threw a 2-0 lead away less than a week ago. There's a way to go in terms of consistency before we can declare that everything is working.

It all looks much better after a big win though, get another on Saturday and we're well set up for Plymouth and Wycombe.

Weird, or to be expected? Point scoring is a hobby of many on here - but not as much of a hobby as those same people denying that they're trying to point score.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... on 08:40 - Oct 20 with 484 viewsTooManyCooks

Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... on 08:36 - Oct 20 by wkj

Weird, or to be expected? Point scoring is a hobby of many on here - but not as much of a hobby as those same people denying that they're trying to point score.

Nail - Head

hedgehog flavoured cucumbers

Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... on 09:01 - Oct 20 with 440 viewsBasuco

I think the majority of us are Town fans, we do not support or hate "the manager" we love it when Town win and moan when they don't, especially when it is against poor opposition. We all "know" how the manager should have fixed that loss or draw, we all "know" why they won. It is not about who the manager is, it is how the team are performing under them. It is a myth that there are many Cook haters on here, we just hate it when Town lose and quite rightly celebrate when Town win.
Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... on 09:19 - Oct 20 with 408 viewsSwansea_Blue

Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... on 08:34 - Oct 20 by Steve_M

It's all a bit strange. We've got a bunch who think every loss is worse than being hung drawn and quartered, and then an opposing bunch who think we'll win the Champions League after each win. Reassuringly, it seems like there's a larger crowd in the middle with a bit more stability and who recognise winning is great and although we would need more consistency to challenge.

It's hard work on here sometimes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... on 09:37 - Oct 20 with 371 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

The real problem is threads like this and people who think there are big issues out there.

Its Town fans, chewing the fat after a win or a loss. Not sure why people try and dissect it
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 9:37]
Seems to be an issue if you are not the biggest fan of Cook... on 10:10 - Oct 20 with 330 viewsWilbrahamBlue

I think its more the relentless calling out and amplification of every tiny issue a dozen times a day.

We get it.

'HE WILL BE GONE BY XXXX...' (revised each month he's here)
'NOT A CHANCE WE WILL GET ANYTHING FROM THE NEXT 4 GAMES, IMPOSSIBLE WITH COOK IN CHARGE.'
'5 WINS IN 8? SHOULD BE 8'
'I'VE ALWAYS SAID /I'VE SAID FROM THE START...'

Etc.

These are always statements that will, at some point, leave you with egg on your face yet prominent posters will go again, time after time and shoot down any challenge.

Last night left them with egg on their faces. The last 8 games has started to show their predictions as baseless. The last 8 games is showing that the team is gelling.

If people go so relentlessly negative and make predictions that turn out ill-judged and incorrect the issue then gets flipped to suit. Now they will jump on the bandwagon they said wouldn't happen.

As soon as the next defeat comes.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024