Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beat goes on! 09:50 - Sep 16 with 595 viewsFixed_It

3 years - RIP.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The Beat goes on! on 10:27 - Sep 16 with 560 viewsBLUEBEAT

Assume that boxed off area on edge of carpark opposite Sir Alf statue is in preparation for Kevin’s statue?

Poll: W or W

The Beat goes on! on 10:48 - Sep 16 with 536 viewsPhilTWTD

The Beat goes on! on 10:27 - Sep 16 by BLUEBEAT

Assume that boxed off area on edge of carpark opposite Sir Alf statue is in preparation for Kevin’s statue?

Yes, piling work taking place.
The Beat goes on! on 11:18 - Sep 16 with 514 viewsPJH

I have just had a PM from Zombies pointing out this thread to me, I had not looked at the Forum since the loss of Paul Mariner.

The Beat was and forever will be the greatest all round footballer that I have seen and could ever hope to see.

The man was truly great but the sad thing (or maybe nice thing) was that he never seemed to realise just how good he was.

RIP You live forever in my memory and I would think in the memories of all those lucky enough to have seen you play.
The Beat goes on! on 11:24 - Sep 16 with 495 viewsITFC_Forever

RIP The Beat.

He was just before my time, but my father-in-law and uncle-in-law still talk about him in awe.... they still say that he was simply the best.
Bigger, stronger, quicker, more skilful, better in the air, better positional sense than anyone else at the club - at the time, before and since.

He could have played in any position and been the best in the team. And when you consider he played for us at our absolute peak, that's quite the accolade.

I met him in the late 90s and early 00s a few times, and he was a friendly guy who would talk to anyone for hours.

An absolute legend.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Beat goes on! on 11:27 - Sep 16 with 480 viewsFixed_It

The Beat goes on! on 11:18 - Sep 16 by PJH

I have just had a PM from Zombies pointing out this thread to me, I had not looked at the Forum since the loss of Paul Mariner.

The Beat was and forever will be the greatest all round footballer that I have seen and could ever hope to see.

The man was truly great but the sad thing (or maybe nice thing) was that he never seemed to realise just how good he was.

RIP You live forever in my memory and I would think in the memories of all those lucky enough to have seen you play.

Glad you popped back. I endorse everything you say. A lovely, humble bloke - and simply the best footballer!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024