Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Question for the football historians/stattos 12:06 - Oct 3 with 524 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Paul Cook's record here is :

P28 W6 D11 L11

I wonder, when was (if there was) a manager had such a poor record over his first 28 games and kept his job.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Question for the football historians/stattos on 12:08 - Oct 3 with 497 viewsjayessess

Tbf, there are plenty of situations where a club would be absolutely delighted to be hitting a point a game. When Burley took over here, for instance (his first 28 games: 7 wins, 4 draws, 17 losses: 25 points).

Ipswich Town in L1 isn't one of them, but they do exist.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 12:13]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Question for the football historians/stattos on 12:15 - Oct 3 with 474 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Question for the football historians/stattos on 12:08 - Oct 3 by jayessess

Tbf, there are plenty of situations where a club would be absolutely delighted to be hitting a point a game. When Burley took over here, for instance (his first 28 games: 7 wins, 4 draws, 17 losses: 25 points).

Ipswich Town in L1 isn't one of them, but they do exist.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2021 12:13]

That isn't true (delighted to be hitting a point per game) and I don't think everything was sweetness and light for Burley during that spell. Indeed, I think there was pressure for him to be sacked before he did get us up.

A point per game is relegation form in any league. I can't think of a team that would be "delighted" with that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Question for the football historians/stattos on 12:20 - Oct 3 with 459 viewsjayessess

Question for the football historians/stattos on 12:15 - Oct 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

That isn't true (delighted to be hitting a point per game) and I don't think everything was sweetness and light for Burley during that spell. Indeed, I think there was pressure for him to be sacked before he did get us up.

A point per game is relegation form in any league. I can't think of a team that would be "delighted" with that.

Burley survived that form because we were a small team in a big league and relegation was all we expected.

A point per game is there or thereabouts survival form in most leagues. You'd have stayed up in the Premier League, Championship and League 2 last season with that record and very comfortably in the PL. In every league there are clubs who would be delighted just to survive in the division they're in. Norwich City, for instance, would bite your hand off for 38 points this season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Question for the football historians/stattos on 12:49 - Oct 3 with 405 viewsPinewoodblue

Any team looking to avoid relegation would be delighted with that return.

Any team looking to gain promotion would not.

From an Ipswich view point nobody here should be in the former.

I’m sure Gamechanger are far from happy. They came out of hibernation with the Doncaster result, but suspect they are back in hiding after yesterday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024