Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How often have we played against our previous year's player of the season? 21:31 - Oct 29 with 611 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Also possible that we could be playing top of the league 2 matches running (although that does require us to get a result on Saturday).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How often have we played against our previous year's player of the season? on 22:29 - Oct 29 with 539 viewsNthsuffolkblue

So I have looked back through our player of the year and can only see Wark in 91 for Middlesbrough as a likely candidate. Did Mariner for Arsenal in 84 (he signed for them in the February)? Obviously on many occasions the player was still playing for us the following season. On some they went to a different division.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How often have we played against our previous year's player of the season? on 22:56 - Oct 29 with 498 viewschrismakin

Dunno but I love the differences between some fan thoughts and Wilson.

" our player of the season. Wish we kept him etc

'Played against previous clubs before, just another club. Lol.( something like that)
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 23:00]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

How often have we played against our previous year's player of the season? on 23:41 - Oct 29 with 439 viewsHighgateBlue

How often have we played against our previous year's player of the season? on 22:56 - Oct 29 by chrismakin

Dunno but I love the differences between some fan thoughts and Wilson.

" our player of the season. Wish we kept him etc

'Played against previous clubs before, just another club. Lol.( something like that)
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 23:00]

Why is that a difference?

He /was/ our player of the season, and I /do/ wish we'd kept him.

But he hadn't been here for that long, and I wouldn't expect him to bleed blue if you cut him open. He's been around the block plenty of times and he hadn't been with us for that long. So I wouldn't expect him to feel any special attachment to this club, especially given that he's moved on and is having amazing success at his new club.
How often have we played against our previous year's player of the season? on 23:44 - Oct 29 with 430 viewsHighgateBlue

How often have we played against our previous year's player of the season? on 22:29 - Oct 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

So I have looked back through our player of the year and can only see Wark in 91 for Middlesbrough as a likely candidate. Did Mariner for Arsenal in 84 (he signed for them in the February)? Obviously on many occasions the player was still playing for us the following season. On some they went to a different division.

Yes most managers aren't brave/idiotic enough to get rid of the player of the year.

I don't remember the full story as to why Warky left us the second time. It was under Lyall wasn't it? Did Lyall maybe think he was over the hill or something? Warky kept on producing the goods even when he'd gone over all of the hills several times. What a player.
How often have we played against our previous year's player of the season? on 06:26 - Oct 30 with 313 viewsPendejo

How often have we played against our previous year's player of the season? on 22:29 - Oct 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wark returned to us in 91 and was key to winning the old Division 2

He had returned in Jan 88, can't remember when he left, but returned after we sold Brian Gayle to Sheffield United. But it was probably John Duncan who let him go.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024