Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mauritius 12:06 - Oct 31 with 731 viewseastangliaisblue

Looking at going Mauritius early next year for 2 weeks.
So for anyone who has been is there plenty to see and do in 2 weeks? Are the beaches as good as they look in photos? Any advice welcome.
Mauritius on 12:10 - Oct 31 with 708 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's better than Poland.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Mauritius on 12:10 - Oct 31 with 714 viewsITFC_Blood

Never have I seen poverty as bad on the island.

My advise stay in the resort and enjoy the beaches they have in them

I had a great time and the island is beautiful

Poll: Do you want Jewell sacked?
Blog: [Blog] Different Season, Same Problems

Mauritius on 12:54 - Oct 31 with 655 viewsblueislander

Mauritius on 12:10 - Oct 31 by ITFC_Blood

Never have I seen poverty as bad on the island.

My advise stay in the resort and enjoy the beaches they have in them

I had a great time and the island is beautiful

I certainly didn’t get the impression that it was particularly poverty stricken compared to some Caribbean islands, but we didn’t stray far from the resort. The resort was fabulous, the people were wonderful, and physically it is very beautiful. It wasn’t cheap. The company with which I am involved outsources quite a few administrative functions to our Mauritius office, and they are very diligent.
Mauritius on 13:46 - Oct 31 with 615 viewsSonOfSpock

Had my honeymoon there. Excellent for beach and resort holidays. Plenty of dolphin experiences and whale watching. Seem to recall a quad biking trip that was good fun.

I'm sure Mrs Spock would be happy to book something for you - she's trying to get her travel franchise going after a trying pandemic.
Mauritius on 14:03 - Oct 31 with 593 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

From a personal viewpoint I was bored to absolute tears there.

Sitting prone on a beach or next to a pool for two weeks straight is not my idea of fun and don’t get me started on ‘whale watching”
Mauritius on 14:17 - Oct 31 with 578 viewseastangliaisblue

Mauritius on 13:46 - Oct 31 by SonOfSpock

Had my honeymoon there. Excellent for beach and resort holidays. Plenty of dolphin experiences and whale watching. Seem to recall a quad biking trip that was good fun.

I'm sure Mrs Spock would be happy to book something for you - she's trying to get her travel franchise going after a trying pandemic.

Happy for you to PM me over contact details.
Mauritius on 14:18 - Oct 31 with 574 viewseastangliaisblue

Mauritius on 14:03 - Oct 31 by BlueBlueBluex2

From a personal viewpoint I was bored to absolute tears there.

Sitting prone on a beach or next to a pool for two weeks straight is not my idea of fun and don’t get me started on ‘whale watching”

Thats my issue as well. I don't mind staying at a resort if there is plenty to do out of it, if there's not then no point in me going.
Mauritius on 15:09 - Oct 31 with 543 viewsIPS_wich

Not much to do on the island, stayed most of the time in the resort, played golf, learned to waterski. It was the second week of our honeymoon after a week on safari in Zimbabwe. Much preferred the safari, The missus much preferred Mauritius.

The Maldives was great because it’s a proper beach holiday and because the diving/snorkelling was amazing.

If you’re not someone who’s happy to spend 70% of your time in the resort by the pool, I’d suggest there are better options. Not been myself, but know several people who would recommend Sri Lanka over Mauritius if you’re looking for an Indian Ocean holiday that has the best balance of beaches and stuff to do.
Login to get fewer ads

Mauritius on 15:17 - Oct 31 with 528 viewseastangliaisblue

Mauritius on 15:09 - Oct 31 by IPS_wich

Not much to do on the island, stayed most of the time in the resort, played golf, learned to waterski. It was the second week of our honeymoon after a week on safari in Zimbabwe. Much preferred the safari, The missus much preferred Mauritius.

The Maldives was great because it’s a proper beach holiday and because the diving/snorkelling was amazing.

If you’re not someone who’s happy to spend 70% of your time in the resort by the pool, I’d suggest there are better options. Not been myself, but know several people who would recommend Sri Lanka over Mauritius if you’re looking for an Indian Ocean holiday that has the best balance of beaches and stuff to do.

I've been to Sri Lanka and loved the place. Might just go back there if there's not much to do in Mauritius.
Mauritius on 17:43 - Oct 31 with 465 viewsChiefXL

Mrs Chief is Mauritian.
Those who say it's boring would have mostly done all-inclusive holidays and looked for excursions, but there's plenty to do.
DM me if you need any advice
Mauritius on 17:45 - Oct 31 with 446 viewsChiefXL

Mauritius on 12:54 - Oct 31 by blueislander

I certainly didn’t get the impression that it was particularly poverty stricken compared to some Caribbean islands, but we didn’t stray far from the resort. The resort was fabulous, the people were wonderful, and physically it is very beautiful. It wasn’t cheap. The company with which I am involved outsources quite a few administrative functions to our Mauritius office, and they are very diligent.

Exactly this
I can only imagine the poster hasn't done much travelling
Mauritius on 18:06 - Oct 31 with 416 viewsElephantintheRoom

Consider the seychelles instead if the costs are still comparable.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Mauritius on 18:08 - Oct 31 with 413 viewseastangliaisblue

Mauritius on 17:43 - Oct 31 by ChiefXL

Mrs Chief is Mauritian.
Those who say it's boring would have mostly done all-inclusive holidays and looked for excursions, but there's plenty to do.
DM me if you need any advice

Thanks I may just do that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024