Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Punch Football Kits 12:11 - Nov 8 with 2070 viewsbournemouthblue

Am I right in thinking the club owned or ran the Punch brand?

Surely a fairly unique setup, have other clubs ever done that?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Punch Football Kits on 12:12 - Nov 8 with 2056 viewsnodge_blue

Yes they did. i think they thought they could keep more of the profits etc.

I always wished they stayed with Adidas !

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Punch Football Kits on 12:39 - Nov 8 with 1939 viewsIP4_Blue

Wasn't the club shop called World of Punch?! in Cobbold Stand
Punch Football Kits on 13:23 - Nov 8 with 1803 viewsblu_dru

I don't think Town owned them:

The firm was set up in 1997 and designed and supplied men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and accessories,including performance sportwear and corporate clothing.
According to its website, its customers included blue chip companies such as key global sports brands. It also supplied high street retailers.
It helped design and manage the manufacturing of Ipswich Town Football Club’s Punch-branded kit over five years to 2006, when it lost the contract to Mitre.
By 2002, when it was designing an away kit for Ipswich Town, it had already produced kits and training gear for England and the Republic of Ireland.
Punch Football Kits on 13:53 - Nov 8 with 1714 viewsEnigma_Blue

Punch Football Kits on 13:23 - Nov 8 by blu_dru

The firm was set up in 1997 and designed and supplied men’s, women’s and children’s clothing and accessories,including performance sportwear and corporate clothing.
According to its website, its customers included blue chip companies such as key global sports brands. It also supplied high street retailers.
It helped design and manage the manufacturing of Ipswich Town Football Club’s Punch-branded kit over five years to 2006, when it lost the contract to Mitre.
By 2002, when it was designing an away kit for Ipswich Town, it had already produced kits and training gear for England and the Republic of Ireland.

Did the club own the Core brand that period in between Umbro and Punch? Or did Core just change their name to Punch?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 13:58]
Punch Football Kits on 15:12 - Nov 8 with 1553 viewsbournemouthblue

That would make sense, might be arm length kind of arrangement

I actually did work experience at the club for two weeks, one of things we did was go and cleanse some stock from the old shop possibly in the West Stand or Cobbold, I can't remember

I did get to walk around the pitch every now and then, which was nice
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 16:02]

Punch Football Kits on 15:13 - Nov 8 with 1551 viewsbournemouthblue

Punch Football Kits on 13:53 - Nov 8 by Enigma_Blue

Did the club own the Core brand that period in between Umbro and Punch? Or did Core just change their name to Punch?

That could make some sense

It was clearly customised for Ipswich Town either way, I'm sure I can remember someone saying to me that the kit was made in South Africa, would that make sense?
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 21:07]

Punch Football Kits on 15:48 - Nov 8 with 1474 viewsblu_dru

Punch Football Kits on 15:12 - Nov 8 by bournemouthblue

That would make sense, might be arm length kind of arrangement

I actually did work experience at the club for two weeks, one of things we did was go and cleanse some stock from the old shop possibly in the West Stand or Cobbold, I can't remember

I did get to walk around the pitch every now and then, which was nice
[Post edited 8 Nov 2021 16:02]

I found that info on an old EADT article, there was no mention of being part owned by Town which you would think they would mention but cant rule it out
Punch Football Kits on 16:02 - Nov 8 with 1440 viewsbournemouthblue

Punch Football Kits on 15:48 - Nov 8 by blu_dru

I found that info on an old EADT article, there was no mention of being part owned by Town which you would think they would mention but cant rule it out

It probably wasn't owned but it felt like it was

It was probably good value for the club though or we'd have used someone else

Login to get fewer ads

Punch Football Kits on 17:04 - Nov 8 with 1354 viewsblu_dru

Punch Football Kits on 16:02 - Nov 8 by bournemouthblue

It probably wasn't owned but it felt like it was

It was probably good value for the club though or we'd have used someone else

Oh yeah cheap as chips no doubt
Punch Football Kits on 17:32 - Nov 8 with 1298 viewsZXBlue

Punch Football Kits on 17:04 - Nov 8 by blu_dru

Oh yeah cheap as chips no doubt

But so much better than the identikit addidas ruubbish we have now.
Punch Football Kits on 20:33 - Nov 8 with 1134 viewsSuperCoops

Punch Football Kits on 13:53 - Nov 8 by Enigma_Blue

Core are/were a separate company, nothing to do with ITFC. They made Brentford's kits for a time in the 90s, and possibly others too.
Punch Football Kits on 21:49 - Nov 8 with 1036 viewsbournemouthblue

Punch Football Kits on 20:33 - Nov 8 by SuperCoops

Core are/were a separate company, nothing to do with ITFC. They made Brentford's kits for a time in the 90s, and possibly others too.

I'm pretty sure they did Wimbledon too

Punch Football Kits on 23:16 - Nov 8 with 951 viewsPlums

They were made in north Notts somewhere. There used to be a couple of U7/ U8 teams in Nottingham which wore Town kits that they'd picked up cheap when they stopped making them. The club I'm involved with wear yellow and green (I know, I've been trying to do something about it for years...), these kids turned up one day in their Eon kits and I didn't know which I was supporting!

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024