Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts 17:33 - Nov 13 with 448 viewsGarv

Oxford look a tidy, well organized team. On us from the first second and we were barely able to get any possession in the first half. Having said that I thought we contained them well enough.

But...Toto is a liability and will cost us goals. Sorry, if he leads us to promotion then I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. Letting the ball roll across the back four for no apparent reason, someone explain that one?

Edwards has had his chance with a run of games, and I don't think he's taken it. You can't have Conor Chaplin or Bersant Celina on the bench consistently in League One. You can Aluko and Fraser, but not those two.

Thought Bonne was poor. Needs to hold up the ball more often and had a few odd lapses of concentration and bad touches. Wouldn't drop/rest him yet though.

Oxford are anti football and the referee looked like he'd never watched a game of football.

Not upset about the result, other than obviously not making up the ground we lost at the start of the season. A very tense, very even game I felt. One of the more interesting 0-0s you'll see.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Thoughts on 17:40 - Nov 13 with 394 viewschrismakin

Lol

Toto is a liability and wil cost us goals

cleansheet 0-0 draw

Garv, I do like some of your posts, but that's an awful take. Hes a solid yet scary league 1 defender like 99% of the defenders are in this league. There is not 1 who you could feel comfortable with.

I agree with Edwards... but SB had a point that when he came off, our game changed.. but was that because chaplin went left rather than celina....

Bonne, I thought he was a spectator.. may aswell have brought pigott on earlier just to havae something different up there.

[Post edited 13 Nov 2021 17:42]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Thoughts on 17:48 - Nov 13 with 343 viewsKeaneish

Toto is getting away with it but it’s not just that. Toto’s limitations cost us in different ways. When he has time on the ball to turn, he’ll play the way he’s facing. When he has time to make a pass or have a touch on the cover, he’ll smash it out. When he has time to pick a pass, the vast majority go back to the opposition. He’s too basic a player. Evans or Morsy need to drop deep to do his passing for him which effects our momentum, shape and the way we build attacks - we need a better footballer. Not necessarily a better defender as Toto does have qualities but we need a better all round player.

Look at Edmunson in comparison! Night and day.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Thoughts on 17:50 - Nov 13 with 319 viewschrismakin

Thoughts on 17:48 - Nov 13 by Keaneish

Toto is getting away with it but it’s not just that. Toto’s limitations cost us in different ways. When he has time on the ball to turn, he’ll play the way he’s facing. When he has time to make a pass or have a touch on the cover, he’ll smash it out. When he has time to pick a pass, the vast majority go back to the opposition. He’s too basic a player. Evans or Morsy need to drop deep to do his passing for him which effects our momentum, shape and the way we build attacks - we need a better footballer. Not necessarily a better defender as Toto does have qualities but we need a better all round player.

But that's what you have 2 defenders who are different. One stopper and one ball player.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Thoughts on 17:51 - Nov 13 with 309 viewsLeoMuff

Thoughts on 17:48 - Nov 13 by Keaneish

We have two ball playing centre halves, but unfortunately we conceded goals for fun when they played, hence the return of Toto and us dramatically reducing the goals against.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024