Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The last time we played Sunderland 17:29 - Nov 17 with 1606 viewsgtsb1966

with a near capacity home crowd.....
The last time we played Sunderland on 18:12 - Nov 17 with 1506 viewsIllinoisblue

The one and only time I took my mother to a game. Sat up in the Pioneer Stand. Told her it won’t always be this good!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The last time we played Sunderland on 19:17 - Nov 17 with 1409 viewsMaySixth

One of my favourite Ipswich goals of all-time.

Utter class.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

The last time we played Sunderland on 00:05 - Nov 18 with 1213 viewsParisBlue

The pedant in me suggests this was the last time we played Sunderland with a near capacity crowd, of 29,230.

Not bad for a Sunday lunchtime. Marcus missed a penalty in front of the North Stand before being subbed off. We really should have gone up that season

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The last time we played Sunderland on 00:20 - Nov 18 with 1182 viewsunstableblue

The last time we played Sunderland on 19:17 - Nov 17 by MaySixth

Utter class.

The atmosphere at the time at PR was just electric, I remember that game so well

I can’t imagine being a Town fan who has only endured the woeful football served up by marcus’ managers... some of the passing, energy and transitions of play under burley was wonderful - that findi George goal a real exemplar... and what a finish

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The last time we played Sunderland on 00:26 - Nov 18 with 1178 viewsMatt_Netherlands

I wonder if we’ll give them (and Wycombe / Lincoln) cheap tickets for the three games over Christmas? I kind of hope we do to be honest! Sunderland will have a big following anyway, but a full away end will add to the atmosphere a lot.
The last time we played Sunderland on 07:20 - Nov 18 with 1039 viewsChrisd

The last time we played Sunderland on 19:17 - Nov 17 by MaySixth

Utter class.

Mine too. The passing and the finish were sublime.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

The last time we played Sunderland on 08:10 - Nov 18 with 997 viewsbraveblue

Great night.
The last time we played Sunderland on 10:34 - Nov 18 with 885 viewsArnieM

The last time we played Sunderland on 00:05 - Nov 18 by ParisBlue

The pedant in me suggests this was the last time we played Sunderland with a near capacity crowd, of 29,230.

Not bad for a Sunday lunchtime. Marcus missed a penalty in front of the North Stand before being subbed off. We really should have gone up that season

Well watching that it make yo7 realise how good our current squad is and the way we play now is reall6 quite good , when we’re on our game.

Don’t know where these two Sky commentators were from , but f luck me , how biased towards Sunderland were they ? They couldn’t hide their Sunderland appreciation credentials could they , whilst anything done by a Town player was, “lucky”, “poor” etc .

Sunderland had about a 15 min period in that second half (after their subs came on …and when did MCarthy ever put forwards on in his time with us lol!) where they look like they could hurt us, other than that I’d say Town had the upper hand but lacked quality crosses into the box.

On the subject of subs,( amazing how you view it more detached with the passage of time), but I think we’d have won that of Magic had been on from start instead of Currie, and Pablo also .

Thanks for putting this up …enjoyed watching that …and what a brilliant atmosphere too 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

The last time we played Sunderland on 12:33 - Nov 18 with 801 viewsParisBlue

The last time we played Sunderland on 10:34 - Nov 18 by ArnieM

Well watching that it make yo7 realise how good our current squad is and the way we play now is reall6 quite good , when we’re on our game.

Don’t know where these two Sky commentators were from , but f luck me , how biased towards Sunderland were they ? They couldn’t hide their Sunderland appreciation credentials could they , whilst anything done by a Town player was, “lucky”, “poor” etc .

Sunderland had about a 15 min period in that second half (after their subs came on …and when did MCarthy ever put forwards on in his time with us lol!) where they look like they could hurt us, other than that I’d say Town had the upper hand but lacked quality crosses into the box.

On the subject of subs,( amazing how you view it more detached with the passage of time), but I think we’d have won that of Magic had been on from start instead of Currie, and Pablo also .

Thanks for putting this up …enjoyed watching that …and what a brilliant atmosphere too 👍

I watched the last 5 minutes. Our free kicks were as bad then as they are now.

Pablo was out of favour for most of the season due to his high wages. He played a few towards the end and did well, I'm sure we could have used him better. That season was a real sliding doors moment in the history of the club.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=21192&season_id=134

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

The last time we played Sunderland on 12:36 - Nov 18 with 788 viewsPhilTWTD

The last time we played Sunderland on 00:26 - Nov 18 by Matt_Netherlands

I wonder if we’ll give them (and Wycombe / Lincoln) cheap tickets for the three games over Christmas? I kind of hope we do to be honest! Sunderland will have a big following anyway, but a full away end will add to the atmosphere a lot.

Think we're obliged to price away tickets the same as for similar areas of home sections.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024