Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town 2 Morecambe 2 13:01 - Nov 21 with 997 viewsWickets

First game of the season and i seem to remember we made hard work of getting a point but think we got it because PC went to 2 up front ? took Piggot off who had been having a tough time as lone striker and went with Norwood and Bonne with Norwood assisting Bonne for our last gasp goal . I cant remember him going to 2 up again ?
Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 13:07 - Nov 21 with 956 viewschrismakin

What has always baffled me this season is PC himself said early in the season that the best way to open teams up who sit deep, is to have 2 strikers on the pitch and get in behind them.

Yet we've played 80% of games against those sitting deep and we've not seen PC do what he says is the obvious way to beat them.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 13:09 - Nov 21 with 951 viewsWickets

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 13:07 - Nov 21 by chrismakin

What has always baffled me this season is PC himself said early in the season that the best way to open teams up who sit deep, is to have 2 strikers on the pitch and get in behind them.

Yet we've played 80% of games against those sitting deep and we've not seen PC do what he says is the obvious way to beat them.

I have been worried that we dont seem to have a plan B but this is a simple back up plan that we just dont do ?
Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 13:57 - Nov 21 with 853 viewsIllinoisblue

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 13:09 - Nov 21 by Wickets

I have been worried that we dont seem to have a plan B but this is a simple back up plan that we just dont do ?

Feels like Cook is going to keep on being stubborn right up until he gets sacked.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 13:59 - Nov 21 with 843 viewschrismakin

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 13:57 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

Feels like Cook is going to keep on being stubborn right up until he gets sacked.

Surely when you're saying the league is the toughest you've been in.. you would look at alternative ways to make sure your part of the top group.

Yes we know 4 2 3 1 worked for him... but when do you get to a point when you realise, hang on footballs abit harder now.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 14:09 - Nov 21 with 820 viewsstrikalite

I don't care what anybody says, if we kept it simple with a 4-4-2 with a supply of Celina/Edwards on the left and Burns/Aluko on the right with a partnership of Bonne and Pigott upfront, we wouldn't be in this position imo..
Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 14:19 - Nov 21 with 790 viewsKeaneish

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 13:09 - Nov 21 by Wickets

Cook’s made it clear there won’t ever be a plan B though. He’s said that a lot in different guises.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 14:40 - Nov 21 with 743 viewsjayessess

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 14:09 - Nov 21 by strikalite

I don't care what anybody says, if we kept it simple with a 4-4-2 with a supply of Celina/Edwards on the left and Burns/Aluko on the right with a partnership of Bonne and Pigott upfront, we wouldn't be in this position imo..

There isn't a single team above us in the league that plays 4-4-2.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 14:51 - Nov 21 with 721 viewsstrikalite

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 14:40 - Nov 21 by jayessess

There isn't a single team above us in the league that plays 4-4-2.

What shall we call it then? 4-4-1-1? I'm trying desperately to get two forwards on the pitch..

Which in a flash could be anything you want it to be really..
Login to get fewer ads

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 15:24 - Nov 21 with 665 viewsjayessess

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 14:51 - Nov 21 by strikalite

What shall we call it then? 4-4-1-1? I'm trying desperately to get two forwards on the pitch..

Which in a flash could be anything you want it to be really..

The good teams who play 2 centre forwards in this division all play 3-5-2.

Personally I don't see why 2 centre forwards would make us any better going forwards, given that Chaplin and Celina look more likely to score from midfield than Pigott does as a striker.

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 15:30 - Nov 21 with 655 viewsstrikalite

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 15:24 - Nov 21 by jayessess

Personally I don't see why 2 centre forwards would make us any better going forwards, given that Chaplin and Celina look more likely to score from midfield than Pigott does as a striker.

Well Pigott hasn't really been given a chance to show what he can do to be fair, a guy who banged in goals last season in this division must be left wondering, at times Bonne just looks isolated upfront, Oxford just one example, I'd just like to see a partnership between them, I know it's not going to happen and of course it's all about opinions...
Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 15:41 - Nov 21 with 631 viewspennblue

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 15:24 - Nov 21 by jayessess

I thought Cook's system was all about playing attacking wing backs?

We did not play 2 attacking wing backs per se at the weekend, maybe that is why the goals have dried up? With the PC system, we need wing backs that can overlap, take on, and delivery good quality balls or score themselves.

(just speculating)

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 15:48 - Nov 21 with 609 viewsKeaneish

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 15:41 - Nov 21 by pennblue

We did not play 2 attacking wing backs per se at the weekend, maybe that is why the goals have dried up? With the PC system, we need wing backs that can overlap, take on, and delivery good quality balls or score themselves.

(just speculating)

Cook never plays with wing-backs and we’ve not played with wing-backs all season, nor will we. As for the goals drying up!? 2-league games!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 15:49 - Nov 21 with 604 viewsjayessess

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 15:41 - Nov 21 by pennblue

(just speculating)

Yeah, Clements and Donacien both did get forward plenty, and Donacien set up our best chance of the game, but definitely both could be more attacking. Clements' reluctance to put in crosses first time is a puzzling one, as he works his way into good positions fairly often.

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 17:25 - Nov 21 with 516 viewsWickets

Town 2 Morecambe 2 on 14:19 - Nov 21 by Keaneish

Cook’s made it clear there won’t ever be a plan B though. He’s said that a lot in different guises.

Yes but he has also said , as chrismaking has pointed out earlier in this thread that the best way to combat teams sitting deep is too get 2 strikers on the pitch and get behind them so that kinda contradicts that .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024