Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Gelling" 17:49 - Nov 28 with 501 viewspointofblue

That's all we had early on - these players need time to gel, they need time to learn how to play together as a unit. Other than the Tuesday night outliers of Doncaster, Portsmouth and Wycome it seems we're less of a team now than we were in the early months. In August and September, individual errors would cause us issues; now we don't seem to be able to defend as a unit. It was scary how easy Crewe (I say again, Crewe, not even one of the top or in form teams in the division) just played through us time and time again, with us seemingly clueless how to stop it.

Play like that against Charlton and Wigan and too poundings will be on the cards. One decent performance in five (which we still lost) is hardly a sign that we're moving in the right direction.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

"Gelling" on 19:18 - Nov 28 with 418 viewschrismakin

Worse still. Our captain says we have 'fully clicked now.
If that's fully clicked, let's just stop playing.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

"Gelling" on 19:49 - Nov 28 with 383 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Gelling" on 19:18 - Nov 28 by chrismakin

Worse still. Our captain says we have 'fully clicked now.
If that's fully clicked, let's just stop playing.

Crewe... which version will we get tomorrow by chrismakin 27 Nov 2021 20:30
Looking through their results. Clearly not going well....

But.. some big losses. But also 2 away tight draws with Rotherham and Plymouth and only lost 1-2 away to Wycombe.

Going to need alot of patience tomorrow potentially.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

"Gelling" on 20:03 - Nov 28 with 345 viewschrismakin

"Gelling" on 19:49 - Nov 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

Crewe... which version will we get tomorrow by chrismakin 27 Nov 2021 20:30
Looking through their results. Clearly not going well....

But.. some big losses. But also 2 away tight draws with Rotherham and Plymouth and only lost 1-2 away to Wycombe.

Going to need alot of patience tomorrow potentially.

Tbh chelts crewe played a much more open game than I thought they would. Hence the patience line yesterday. I'd expected a bank of 4/5 in their backline. That wasn't the case. They didn't overly sit deep either. Total opposite of what I was expecting from bottom of the league.

We were shocking ourselves. There's no glossing over it no matter how much you want to see positives in games.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

"Gelling" on 20:33 - Nov 28 with 313 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"Gelling" on 20:03 - Nov 28 by chrismakin

Tbh chelts crewe played a much more open game than I thought they would. Hence the patience line yesterday. I'd expected a bank of 4/5 in their backline. That wasn't the case. They didn't overly sit deep either. Total opposite of what I was expecting from bottom of the league.

We were shocking ourselves. There's no glossing over it no matter how much you want to see positives in games.

I could see we were shocking. Just pointing out your entirely predictable flop flopping.

Maybe Plymouth and Rotherham were also shocking against them. Or maybe they know how to nullify the threat, but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

"Gelling" on 20:38 - Nov 28 with 292 viewschrismakin

"Gelling" on 20:33 - Nov 28 by Cheltenham_Blue

I could see we were shocking. Just pointing out your entirely predictable flop flopping.

Maybe Plymouth and Rotherham were also shocking against them. Or maybe they know how to nullify the threat, but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Quite possibly chelts. We Can only go on what we watched today however.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024