Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Slightly ironic 09:10 - Dec 2 with 550 viewsDJR

that our best players last night, in my view, were Jackson, KVY, El Miz and Woolfie, all players from last season. This does make me wonder how many of our new players are actually an improvement on last season's players. Or is it just that they don't fit the system, or are not being coached properly?
Slightly ironic on 09:12 - Dec 2 with 511 viewsiamipswich

Lol hadn't noticed that but I think you're right, they probably were our best players. In fairness to Burgess I thought he had a decent game too.

Poll: Who will return first?

Slightly ironic on 09:36 - Dec 2 with 461 viewsGuthrum

I think that's rather an unfair conclusion to draw from that fact. After all, many of the first-choice League starters were not playing last night, or only came on at the end.

Indeed, that may have been why those individuals survived the summer cull, because of their quality.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Slightly ironic on 09:51 - Dec 2 with 434 viewsHerbivore

El Miz has looked decent whenever he's played to be fair to him. Donacien has been one of our better players this season. Toto is keeping out one of our most expensive summer signings. Toto was very much in and out here previously whilst the other two were nowhere near it. Maybe last year's squad wasn't as bereft of ability as Cook made out? Or maybe we've not spent wisely over the summer? Could be a bit of both to be fair. For all our signings the squad has ended up bloated in some areas and lacking in quality in others. That said, the lack of structure and identity in our XI is the bigger issue for me. Most sides at this level are carrying a duffer or two, it's the nature of the league. A good shape, being well drilled, and having a clear way of playing will usually overcome the odd area of weakness. We don't have any of that.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Slightly ironic on 10:01 - Dec 2 with 409 viewsPinewoodblue

The best teams are greater than the sum of the parts.

I thought it was wrong to change all eleven players. Yesterday was the first of two competitive games before our next League game. Paul Cook claimed he was setting out to win both games.

The way to approach it should have been to field a mix of his A & B teams in both games. I doubt any of us could, with any confidence, name Saturday’s starting eleven.

He is a like a rabbit in a cars headlights , frozen to the spot and no idea which way to go.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Slightly ironic on 10:08 - Dec 2 with 378 viewsGeoffSentence

Slightly ironic on 09:51 - Dec 2 by Herbivore

El Miz has looked decent whenever he's played to be fair to him. Donacien has been one of our better players this season. Toto is keeping out one of our most expensive summer signings. Toto was very much in and out here previously whilst the other two were nowhere near it. Maybe last year's squad wasn't as bereft of ability as Cook made out? Or maybe we've not spent wisely over the summer? Could be a bit of both to be fair. For all our signings the squad has ended up bloated in some areas and lacking in quality in others. That said, the lack of structure and identity in our XI is the bigger issue for me. Most sides at this level are carrying a duffer or two, it's the nature of the league. A good shape, being well drilled, and having a clear way of playing will usually overcome the odd area of weakness. We don't have any of that.

We do have an identity. A strong clear identity which applies whichever XI is put out.

Capable of getting a decent lead then throwing it away, that's our identity

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024