Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town players Twitter reaction 23:10 - Dec 4 with 1396 viewsunstableblue

Cook and his team were good people, end of, ignore those with an agenda. These players just did not perform, they can regret it but they did not turn up week in week out. As Town players have failed to do for decades. It has to change. Not turning up for Sky games, or ticket promotion games, or big crowd games or MUST WIN games. We cannot go on like this.

To give some credence to the Cook sacking…. When players ARE off form they need technical drills, tactical shape and an ethos of play that they can FALL BACK ON, a fail safe…. I have not seen enough of this. Glimpses in a dozen games is not enough. Being ‘outplayed’ by a barrow, an Oxford, an nk dons,… that was reason enough for him to go I guess.

But these players need to take a LONG HARD LOOK IN THE MIRROR… taking today as an example el Miz, Toto, Chaplin, Donacien… DISGUSTING … and now they respond:

“ Gutted for the manager, great manager and great man, brought us all to the club and we haven’t been good enough for him. We must take responsibility now and move forward.” Sam Morsy

“Never nice to see a manager go, I wish nothing but the best for the gaffer and his staff, genuinely great people. And to give me the opportunity to work with them I can’t thank them enough. We must look at ourself now and put it right.” Wes Burns

“Gutted to see the gaffer go. We have a great relationship on and off the field. He was up against it for a multitude of reasons this season and I genuinely wish him the best in the future.“ James Norwood

“ Gutted for the manager and staff. Great people and extremely hard working. We all need to look at ourselves and be better than we have been. No excuses at all. Starting with Tuesday’s game.” Conor Chaplin

[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 23:12]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:11 - Dec 4 with 1331 viewsHerbivore

I don't think anyone has said they're bad people, just not done a remotely good enough job.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:15 - Dec 4 with 1250 viewsunstableblue

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:11 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

I don't think anyone has said they're bad people, just not done a remotely good enough job.

People giving Chambers ridiculous and bitter tweet credence for one.

How culpable do you think the players are herbie?? Yes the buck stops with the manager … and what? 3 great games and 8 x 30mins of positive play is not enough… but they have been gutless
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 23:16]

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:18 - Dec 4 with 1179 viewspointofblue

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:15 - Dec 4 by unstableblue

How culpable do you think the players are herbie?? Yes the buck stops with the manager … and what? 3 great games and 8 x 30mins of positive play is not enough… but they have been gutless

40 players have supposedly been gutless for Cook - at what point do we have to look somewhere other than the playing squad?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:28 - Dec 4 with 1052 viewsunstableblue

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:18 - Dec 4 by pointofblue

40 players have supposedly been gutless for Cook - at what point do we have to look somewhere other than the playing squad?

The players he inherited had been gutless for 2 seasons

He brought in players to fight for him and his project. They at times were woefully lacking in fight, belief, and desire.

BUT, and why I have some understanding for pressing the nuclear button is simple… we didn’t have the tactical shape and technical moves and drills to give us some resilience for when players were giving 5 or 6 out of ten

But come on…. Totos complete laziness today? How is that cooks fault?

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:29 - Dec 4 with 1043 viewsHerbivore

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:15 - Dec 4 by unstableblue

He signed them and he works with them every day. Why is it that after 20 odd games this season we have regressed? Is that on the players? How has he had the same kinds of issues with two very different squads now? It's easy to point the finger at the players, it's been clear for months that Cook lacks a plan b and that plan a only works sporadically.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2021 23:29]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:30 - Dec 4 with 1010 viewspointofblue

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:28 - Dec 4 by unstableblue

The players he inherited had been gutless for 2 seasons

He brought in players to fight for him and his project. They at times were woefully lacking in fight, belief, and desire.

BUT, and why I have some understanding for pressing the nuclear button is simple… we didn’t have the tactical shape and technical moves and drills to give us some resilience for when players were giving 5 or 6 out of ten

But come on…. Totos complete laziness today? How is that cooks fault?

It's a manager's job to motivate them?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:42 - Dec 4 with 931 viewsHighgateBlue

Yes absolutely, Cook is a good guy. It’s very sad for him and for the club that it didn’t work out. I wish he’d proven me and many others wrong, but alas it was not to be. I certainly don’t intend to twist the knife. I wish him and his staff all the best.
Town players Twitter reaction on 23:50 - Dec 4 with 839 viewsunstableblue

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:42 - Dec 4 by HighgateBlue

Yes absolutely, Cook is a good guy. It’s very sad for him and for the club that it didn’t work out. I wish he’d proven me and many others wrong, but alas it was not to be. I certainly don’t intend to twist the knife. I wish him and his staff all the best.

Yes Highgate… a good post

As I have stated already on numerous occasion the lack of shape, tactics and technical drills for the players to fall back on when not playing well was becoming a glaring problem… and we were just looking an inferior team to weaker opposition - this was becoming untenable for Cook

But we saw that when the players turned up, had the mind set, we could destroy a Wycombe, outplay a Sunderland, rinse a Pompey

I think Cooks recent media persona was not helping

But man we have to get this right

I demand a win from these players on Tuesday to say sorry and farewell to cook

Login to get fewer ads

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:56 - Dec 4 with 785 viewsjeera

What 'agenda'?

Why would fans have an agenda with their own manager other than wanting him to succeed?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:58 - Dec 4 with 767 viewsunstableblue

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:56 - Dec 4 by jeera

What 'agenda'?

Why would fans have an agenda with their own manager other than wanting him to succeed?

Have you been living under a rock?

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:58 - Dec 4 with 767 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sam Morsy and Connor Chaplin appear to have the same social media manager

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Town players Twitter reaction on 00:06 - Dec 5 with 700 viewsjeera

Town players Twitter reaction on 23:58 - Dec 4 by unstableblue

Have you been living under a rock?

No, have you been taking acid?

Criticism of management failures don't equate to an agenda.

I have been disappointed for several weeks but was still living in hope things would turn around.

I had stopped believing in him but part of me was still hoping. That's how the majority have been I'd say. That's not an agenda.

Next thing you know you'll be posting the board have sacked him because a few posters have pointed out how poor we've been doing.

Why have reports of half the ground's reaction today been continually ignored btw? Did they all have an agenda too?

And why are these players saying they will start making more effort from Tuesday if they loved the manager so damned much? Doesn't sound like loyalty does it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024