Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Many Managers play 433 or 442 11:33 - Dec 5 with 352 viewschicoazul

I’d like to see a proper 433 given a go when the new guy comes in.
Morsy with Harper one side and Fraser the other, then Edwards and Chaplin with Bonne/Piggott.
May mean we can get away with having less attacking full backs too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Many Managers play 433 or 442 on 11:41 - Dec 5 with 315 viewsCheltenham_Blue

This is the question though isn't it? Its been said many a time that Cook bought the wrong players for a 4-2-3-1. So what is our best formation? 3-5-2 maybe?

Walton

Wolfie Burgess Edmundson

Burns Morsy Chaplin Fraser Edwards

Pigott Bonne

Is Edwards going to track back? What do you do about Celina?, Coulson?, Barry?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Many Managers play 433 or 442 on 11:48 - Dec 5 with 290 viewsgordon

To be fair, I think most of the premier league managers who use 4-3-3 (Man City/Liverpool etc) play it because it allows the two wide central midfielders provide cover to full-backs bombing forward.

Liam Manning is playing a 3-4-3 type formation at MK Dons with ball-playing wide centre-backs - think with our players it'd look something like:

----Donacien--Edmundson--Woolfenden

KVY/Burns--------Morsy-------Fraser----------Coulson

----------Aluko----Pigott------Chaplin

The real issue for me with our players and these modern formations which fit in more attacking players is that those attacking players have to work really really hard, track runners / press intelligently when you lose possession - under Cook this just hasn't been the case at all.

Also, a more modern manager like Manning would really like someone like Woolfenden - remember how (for example) Guardiola stuck with John Stones for years when it seemed like he'd give away a goal every other week, because of the attacking benefit to having a ball-playing centre-back in the team.

With players like Burgess / Nsiala in contrast, the brutal truth is that they can't commit an opposition player, they have to have 20 yards of space in front of them to be comfortable getting their head up to look for a pass, which means the other team has an extra player closing down our midfielders etc.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 11:49]
Many Managers play 433 or 442 on 11:50 - Dec 5 with 269 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Many Managers play 433 or 442 on 11:48 - Dec 5 by gordon

To be fair, I think most of the premier league managers who use 4-3-3 (Man City/Liverpool etc) play it because it allows the two wide central midfielders provide cover to full-backs bombing forward.

Liam Manning is playing a 3-4-3 type formation at MK Dons with ball-playing wide centre-backs - think with our players it'd look something like:

----Donacien--Edmundson--Woolfenden

KVY/Burns--------Morsy-------Fraser----------Coulson

----------Aluko----Pigott------Chaplin

The real issue for me with our players and these modern formations which fit in more attacking players is that those attacking players have to work really really hard, track runners / press intelligently when you lose possession - under Cook this just hasn't been the case at all.

Also, a more modern manager like Manning would really like someone like Woolfenden - remember how (for example) Guardiola stuck with John Stones for years when it seemed like he'd give away a goal every other week, because of the attacking benefit to having a ball-playing centre-back in the team.

With players like Burgess / Nsiala in contrast, the brutal truth is that they can't commit an opposition player, they have to have 20 yards of space in front of them to be comfortable getting their head up to look for a pass, which means the other team has an extra player closing down our midfielders etc.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2021 11:49]

No Burns in there? Who we've missed badly.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Many Managers play 433 or 442 on 11:51 - Dec 5 with 265 viewsDubtractor

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the merits of different systems, but we've got so many quality attacking players we need to get a system that makes the most of them, whatever that system may be.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Many Managers play 433 or 442 on 11:51 - Dec 5 with 261 viewsGarv

Many Managers play 433 or 442 on 11:41 - Dec 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

This is the question though isn't it? Its been said many a time that Cook bought the wrong players for a 4-2-3-1. So what is our best formation? 3-5-2 maybe?

Walton

Wolfie Burgess Edmundson

Burns Morsy Chaplin Fraser Edwards

Pigott Bonne

Is Edwards going to track back? What do you do about Celina?, Coulson?, Barry?

Is that accurate though?

The two full backs he brought in suit it, the two midfield sitters have played it under him before, we got all sorts of attacking players and we have strikers capable of playing up top alone.

I think things could have been a lot different if Burns had been fit for more games, Coulson hadn't been decimated by injury, and the full back position hadn't been so up and down in general (JD, KVY, Penney, Coulson, Clements, Burgess even - too many).

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Many Managers play 433 or 442 on 11:52 - Dec 5 with 253 viewsgordon

Many Managers play 433 or 442 on 11:50 - Dec 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

No Burns in there? Who we've missed badly.

Lol, true enough had edited it to add him in as an option at RWB.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024