Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
" We only need 2/3 players" 22:26 - Dec 15 with 504 viewschrismakin

I remember reading this under Magilton and then Keane and thinking that's a solid way to go into a summer window.

But I find myself feeling like we actually need another 10 players and to ship half of the new lot back out again.

How do you sign 19 players and get so many wrong

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:33 - Dec 15 with 442 viewsGarv

We don't need another 10, that's just born out of frustration and embarrassment of losing to Barrow. We beat Wycombe and Portsmouth 4-1 and 4-0 just over a month ago. Were we saying the players were a disgrace then (not your words) and they needed replacing? What's changed in a month? Bonne wouldn't have helped anything tonight, he'd have been as useful as Jackson and Pigott were, would you have been saying you'd want to ship him out too?

We need a manager (and fast), we need some confidence and we need a good game plan and settled side. In my opinion, the individual players we have, bar a small few, are fine.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:39 - Dec 15 with 410 viewsdavblue

The misconception that we were going to solve all of our problems in 1 window was utterly delusional.
This imo has always been a 2 year cycle to get up, we may not have recruited like that with the way we did recruit but we weren’t just going to get all those players in a steam roller the league.

There’s a basis of a team there but it needs some tinkering and the right man to guide them.
" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:42 - Dec 15 with 386 viewsRadlett_blue

" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:39 - Dec 15 by davblue

The misconception that we were going to solve all of our problems in 1 window was utterly delusional.
This imo has always been a 2 year cycle to get up, we may not have recruited like that with the way we did recruit but we weren’t just going to get all those players in a steam roller the league.

There’s a basis of a team there but it needs some tinkering and the right man to guide them.

Cook has got his clubs promoted in the past in his second season. While I haven't been impressed with what he achieved, sticking with him at least until the end of the season would have been preferable to this abject mess, where the likelihood is we get a fire-fighter like Warnock or a "best of the rest" like Harris.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:43 - Dec 15 with 381 viewschrismakin

" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:33 - Dec 15 by Garv

We don't need another 10, that's just born out of frustration and embarrassment of losing to Barrow. We beat Wycombe and Portsmouth 4-1 and 4-0 just over a month ago. Were we saying the players were a disgrace then (not your words) and they needed replacing? What's changed in a month? Bonne wouldn't have helped anything tonight, he'd have been as useful as Jackson and Pigott were, would you have been saying you'd want to ship him out too?

We need a manager (and fast), we need some confidence and we need a good game plan and settled side. In my opinion, the individual players we have, bar a small few, are fine.

I get what you're saying Garv, but a few games doesn't make half a season

We've all seen players go through purple spells, christ even Kenlock looked like Robert o Carlos in a few last season, we got that this season with Donacien who's returned to type since signed his new deal whilst KVY is showing he's lost all ability he ever had.

But overall, we're lacking 2 x fullbacks. we have no LW, we dont have the right partner for Morsy in the middle. We may lose Walton so would need a new GK, we need another CB to partner Edmundson etc.

it all starts adding up.
I don't think Edwards will be good enough, Nor Harper, Evans gives you 1 good game in 5, Fraser... will he ever suit us? Morsy I don't see as our saviour, he's barely shown a consistent 7/10. Regarding Bonne, i'm not as sold as some are on him no, but he's not even ours either so may need replacing anyway.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:46 - Dec 15 with 343 viewsdavblue

" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:42 - Dec 15 by Radlett_blue

Cook has got his clubs promoted in the past in his second season. While I haven't been impressed with what he achieved, sticking with him at least until the end of the season would have been preferable to this abject mess, where the likelihood is we get a fire-fighter like Warnock or a "best of the rest" like Harris.

I think I would have given him until the end of Feb.

But he also can’t have many complaints we should have been close to the play offs or in them with this squad of players.
" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:46 - Dec 15 with 343 viewsBloomBlue

We use all the latest metrics and analytical data which means we didn't get it wrong.....
" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:48 - Dec 15 with 316 viewsRadlett_blue

" We only need 2/3 players" on 22:43 - Dec 15 by chrismakin

I get what you're saying Garv, but a few games doesn't make half a season

We've all seen players go through purple spells, christ even Kenlock looked like Robert o Carlos in a few last season, we got that this season with Donacien who's returned to type since signed his new deal whilst KVY is showing he's lost all ability he ever had.

But overall, we're lacking 2 x fullbacks. we have no LW, we dont have the right partner for Morsy in the middle. We may lose Walton so would need a new GK, we need another CB to partner Edmundson etc.

it all starts adding up.
I don't think Edwards will be good enough, Nor Harper, Evans gives you 1 good game in 5, Fraser... will he ever suit us? Morsy I don't see as our saviour, he's barely shown a consistent 7/10. Regarding Bonne, i'm not as sold as some are on him no, but he's not even ours either so may need replacing anyway.

I really don't think it's about the players. Wigan signed 17 players in the summer for a much lower cost than Town signed theirs and they're in good shape. Cook failed to organise them into a team & unsurprisingly the caretaker hasn't done much better. Either Cook should have been given more time - but Ashton got rid of him to make it look to the owners that he was doing something - or we need a better manager. Hard to find an available manager right now with a better CV than Cook.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024