Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency 06:32 - Dec 22 with 899 viewsPendejo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-59730984

Linking to the thread on feeling old, I guess it's when I think I don't understand something. I understand currency trading a.k.a. Gambling. But currency has some stature being backed by governments, concurrency seems very Emperors New clothes.

This bit intrigued me
Clubs say that by collecting fan tokens, supporters can influence the running of the club - suggesting the more tokens fans collect, the more say they might have.

But surely to have more say you buy shares? How does the crypto currency enable you to have a say? Is the crypto provider buying shares... Ponzi scheme?

Added in general because whilst it involves football it has nothing to do with the beautiful game.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 08:24 - Dec 22 with 814 viewsIpswichKnight

Like pretty much all crypto it’s a scam designed to get people to part with there money for no reward.

They will tell you it’s designed so that the more NFT you hold the more say you can have. Leeds have one and so far the only interaction the Crypto firm have had with Leeds fans is:

One of these players couldn’t lift the PL trophy during his career

a) David Batty
b) Nigel Marty
c) Tony Dorigo
d) Gordon Stracham

I have copied and pasted with no edits exactly what it said on the Leeds site!
The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 08:32 - Dec 22 with 807 viewsDurovigutum

"I don't understand this financial implement" was a common refrain in 2007, and that ended well. The time to gamble with crypto currency was 2011 when it was a few US cents per coin, hold those - and your nerve - until last year and sell at $64,000 (ish). Retire somewhere exotic and buy a book on the tulip bubble as you work to invent the time machine you need to tell yourself....
The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 08:52 - Dec 22 with 776 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 08:32 - Dec 22 by Durovigutum

"I don't understand this financial implement" was a common refrain in 2007, and that ended well. The time to gamble with crypto currency was 2011 when it was a few US cents per coin, hold those - and your nerve - until last year and sell at $64,000 (ish). Retire somewhere exotic and buy a book on the tulip bubble as you work to invent the time machine you need to tell yourself....

Indeed. I only have a small speculative holding - an amount I’m willing to lose, but I’m not sold on it. Far too volatile to be “digital gold”. I’ve read a lot of investors say to limit to 10pc of your portfolio. I do know a guy who’s entire portfolio is various cryptos - just seems like “everything on red” to me.
The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 09:05 - Dec 22 with 749 viewsRonFearonsHair

The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 08:24 - Dec 22 by IpswichKnight

Like pretty much all crypto it’s a scam designed to get people to part with there money for no reward.

They will tell you it’s designed so that the more NFT you hold the more say you can have. Leeds have one and so far the only interaction the Crypto firm have had with Leeds fans is:

a) David Batty
b) Nigel Marty
c) Tony Dorigo
d) Gordon Stracham

When you say ‘crypto’ are you referring just to currency or all blockchain projects that make use of decentralised tokens?
The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 10:18 - Dec 22 with 692 viewsBlueBadger

The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 08:52 - Dec 22 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Indeed. I only have a small speculative holding - an amount I’m willing to lose, but I’m not sold on it. Far too volatile to be “digital gold”. I’ve read a lot of investors say to limit to 10pc of your portfolio. I do know a guy who’s entire portfolio is various cryptos - just seems like “everything on red” to me.

In a similar vein, here's a story that's amused me greatly:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-22-twitch-co-founders-new-nft-platfor

'I was just putting together my own scam, them someone scammed me first'.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 10:42]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 10:30 - Dec 22 with 668 viewsNthQldITFC

The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 10:18 - Dec 22 by BlueBadger

In a similar vein, here's a story that's amused me greatly:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-22-twitch-co-founders-new-nft-platfor

'I was just putting together my own scam, them someone scammed me first'.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 10:42]

Hahaha, that's funny.

Just wondering whether pop will eat itself, in the sense that with all of these automated transactions occurring at approximately the speed of light, the NFTs could all line up in a giant loop and fungify each other out of existence? If so would the lights go out?

I must admit I have not a clue about that of which I am talking. (Specifically the above, but as a general rule also.)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 10:36 - Dec 22 with 662 viewsITFCson

The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 08:24 - Dec 22 by IpswichKnight

a) David Batty
b) Nigel Marty
c) Tony Dorigo
d) Gordon Stracham

I’ve had plenty of rewards from plenty of crypto’s in the last few years.
The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 13:33 - Dec 22 with 606 viewsBlueBadger

The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 10:36 - Dec 22 by ITFCson

I’ve had plenty of rewards from plenty of crypto’s in the last few years.

In similar fashion, I once made THOUSANDS flogging magic beans.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

The Arsenal fan token cryptocurrency on 14:24 - Dec 22 with 569 viewsJDB23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024