Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A tip about the quality of Journalists 19:15 - Jan 31 with 614 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Any journalist who says that the Sue Gray Report/Update is 12 pages long hasn't read it.

There's a title page, two pages left blank and several pages only half-filled.

A bloke on Sky just said "One of which, by the way, is left blank." Nope. Two.

Anyway it is very hard to find, so here's a link:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attac
A tip about the quality of Journalists on 19:32 - Jan 31 with 542 viewsDarth_Koont

Cheers. I’ll look out for that.

I would however add that journalists that are “talking truth to power” now, over parties, have largely been part of the whole sh/tty problem all along.

To me this has just confirmed how inevitably crap Boris was always going to be as PM and how crap our journalists are that he even got there.

Boris will go at some stage. Someone else awful in a different way will be elevated to power. And all the time these f***ing journalistic clowns will be the heart of the circus, making money for themselves and serving the interests of awful, venal people.

We have the worst press and the worst “democratic” system in the so-called free and civilised world. That’s why we’re f#cked.

Pronouns: He/Him

A tip about the quality of Journalists on 19:58 - Jan 31 with 456 viewslowhouseblue

thanks for the link.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

A tip about the quality of Journalists on 20:03 - Jan 31 with 418 viewsNthsuffolkblue

That is actually slightly over 1 page long. There is a preamble about what it was investigating, some context given and a couple of "Annexes" (I am unsure why they are annexes rather than appendices). The first appears very similar to the initial terms of reference within the methodology. The second is a useful timeline of the regulations. Realistically the report is somewhere between 1.5 and 4 pages long.

Albeit the length of it isn't really the point. All it really needs to say is "These were the rules (2 page Annex 2). This is where they were flagrantly broken (the list from point 5 on p 3). It is clear the Prime Minister and many other influential members of the Government think they are above the rules that they make for the plebs."

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

A tip about the quality of Journalists on 20:05 - Jan 31 with 404 viewsDarth_Koont

A tip about the quality of Journalists on 19:32 - Jan 31 by Darth_Koont

Cheers. I’ll look out for that.

I would however add that journalists that are “talking truth to power” now, over parties, have largely been part of the whole sh/tty problem all along.

To me this has just confirmed how inevitably crap Boris was always going to be as PM and how crap our journalists are that he even got there.

Boris will go at some stage. Someone else awful in a different way will be elevated to power. And all the time these f***ing journalistic clowns will be the heart of the circus, making money for themselves and serving the interests of awful, venal people.

We have the worst press and the worst “democratic” system in the so-called free and civilised world. That’s why we’re f#cked.

Serious question, Lowers.

Do you work in politics? And if not WTF!!?

You’re made for it. Whenever you fancy taking the plunge, I’ll give you a great reference.

A tip about the quality of Journalists on 20:06 - Jan 31 with 392 viewslowhouseblue

A tip about the quality of Journalists on 20:05 - Jan 31 by Darth_Koont

Serious question, Lowers.

Do you work in politics? And if not WTF!!?

You’re made for it. Whenever you fancy taking the plunge, I’ll give you a great reference.

i'd really rather you didn't

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

A tip about the quality of Journalists on 20:09 - Jan 31 with 366 viewsDarth_Koont

A tip about the quality of Journalists on 20:06 - Jan 31 by lowhouseblue

i'd really rather you didn't

You sure?

I’d tell them you’re the smeariest, most empty c&#@ I know.

You could be General Secretary of the Labour Party with my help.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024