Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playing out from the back.... 20:36 - Mar 13 with 937 viewsstrikalite

Is it me, or should we be mixing this up a little bit throughout the game? First half especially everything was short from Walton and we got caught out a couple of times, I know what they're trying to do and when it comes off it's great but can't help feel that at times Walton could just take a long goal kick and get the ball into the oppositions half and we build from there...

Playing out from the back.... on 20:43 - Mar 13 with 900 viewsFrimleyBlue

Modern football well for the better football sides anyway.

Play from the back and it works and you stretch the opponents. Go long and it's 50 50 who ends up with the ball.

I hate watching It sometimes as you feel like a mistake is coming, and quite a lot of times it happens. But when it comes off it's great as opponents are then chasing shadows.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Playing out from the back.... on 20:54 - Mar 13 with 863 viewsstrikalite

Playing out from the back.... on 20:43 - Mar 13 by FrimleyBlue

Modern football well for the better football sides anyway.

Play from the back and it works and you stretch the opponents. Go long and it's 50 50 who ends up with the ball.

I hate watching It sometimes as you feel like a mistake is coming, and quite a lot of times it happens. But when it comes off it's great as opponents are then chasing shadows.

Think it just got a bit too predictable, one bad touch or an interception and we're done for, that's how I'm feeling.....get it up the bloody pitch, actually if you watch us we actually do after about four passes end up pumping it long ha...but yeah break their lines and all that I get it's how he wants to play, mixed feelings i guess..
Playing out from the back.... on 21:00 - Mar 13 with 837 viewsGarv

I think Walton does go long when he has to. Considering how much we play short, we get caught out very infrequently.

The attitude seems to be that if we have the ball the opposition can't score, which has served us pretty well.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 21:02]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Playing out from the back.... on 21:07 - Mar 13 with 789 viewsKieran_Knows

Or maybe you just have to realise this is how we’re going to play now, and by playing this way mistakes will be made every now and then, but the principle will always remain the same.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Playing out from the back.... on 21:20 - Mar 13 with 743 viewsstrikalite

Playing out from the back.... on 21:07 - Mar 13 by Kieran_Knows

Or maybe you just have to realise this is how we’re going to play now, and by playing this way mistakes will be made every now and then, but the principle will always remain the same.

I'm not opposed to it, I just think we should be mixing it up at bit, first half we were so deep at times, mix it up, keep them guessing....
Playing out from the back.... on 21:29 - Mar 13 with 717 viewsDavoIPB

It's really working though. We are creating so much space in the midfield but drawing them in and playing round them. Just need a decent striker or two now.
Playing out from the back.... on 21:30 - Mar 13 with 713 viewsReuser_is_God

Yeah, let’s knock it long to Jackson. That’s worked so well previously.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Playing out from the back.... on 21:44 - Mar 13 with 682 viewsstrikalite

Playing out from the back.... on 21:30 - Mar 13 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah, let’s knock it long to Jackson. That’s worked so well previously.

Don't mean that, don't twist it, just mean now and then mix it up because the oppo are onto it when you're doing it all the time..

You know I don't mean that...
Login to get fewer ads

Playing out from the back.... on 21:53 - Mar 13 with 666 viewsGuthrum

Playing out from the back.... on 20:54 - Mar 13 by strikalite

Think it just got a bit too predictable, one bad touch or an interception and we're done for, that's how I'm feeling.....get it up the bloody pitch, actually if you watch us we actually do after about four passes end up pumping it long ha...but yeah break their lines and all that I get it's how he wants to play, mixed feelings i guess..

Except that, rather than being 'done for' on any kind of regular basis, the team playing this way has conceded just one goal in about 15 hours of football.

Which also means that if an attack breaks down, we just deal with the threat, regain the ball and start to build again. An important part of which - and the source of many of our goals - is the midfield. Which we thus do not want to be bypassing, IMO.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Playing out from the back.... on 22:09 - Mar 13 with 625 viewsVeggie

I agree. Hoof it up to the big man Chaplin.
Playing out from the back.... on 22:16 - Mar 13 with 614 viewsSwansea_Blue

I think we do normally mix it up. It's just that we're so used to hoofing it all the time, we've forgotten what football looks like.

If you want to see pointless passing come down here to swansea. They celebrate when they cross the halfway line! (and we saw the same form Russell Martin's Dons last season).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024