Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a credit report company you'd recommend? 17:43 - Mar 24 with 649 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Are these free ones alright?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 17:44]

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Is there a credit report company you'd recommend? on 17:45 - Mar 24 with 638 viewsbluelagos

www.creditkarma.co.uk

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Is there a credit report company you'd recommend? on 17:47 - Mar 24 with 636 viewsgtsb1966

I use these. Updates every month and it's free .
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/creditclub/
Is there a credit report company you'd recommend? on 17:49 - Mar 24 with 619 viewsJ2BLUE

Was recommended these guys when renewing my mortgage as they check your data across all major credit agencies: https://www.checkmyfile.com/

A couple of the free ones put my credit score as 'fair' but when I got this one it was about as high as you can get which makes more sense.

They do a 30 day free trial as well so well worth a look.

Edit: Forgot the link...
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 17:53]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is there a credit report company you'd recommend? on 17:56 - Mar 24 with 595 viewsJ2BLUE

Is there a credit report company you'd recommend? on 17:45 - Mar 24 by bluelagos

www.creditkarma.co.uk

Would not recommend for reason outlined in previous post.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is there a credit report company you'd recommend? on 17:57 - Mar 24 with 595 viewsbluefunk

Clearscore is free and part of Experian one if the leading credit agencies- there’s no need to pay for your rating
Is there a credit report company you'd recommend? on 06:18 - Mar 25 with 425 viewsfab_lover

There are I believe three credit agencies in the UK. You can use a combination of the free sites such as Credit Karma, TotallyMoney etc to get all three scores.

However, when applying for credit, especially for big ticket items such as mortgages, each lender will use their own calculations, of which credit reports only form a part.

It's useful to look at at least one credit report every month just to check no-one's opened an account in your name, likewise to ensure that there's no incorrect information on your account such as addresses you've never lived at, financial connections to other people that no longer exist, etc etc.

However, similar to PC virus checkers, there is no need at all to pay for a service.

I've spent 6 years re-building my credit rating after a couple of CCJs and now have a mortgage. However credit ratings are strange things - having no credit card debt is actually "worse" on scoring than having some debt, for example - so don't get too wrapped up in them.

Even when I had a poor score I was able to get a monthly contract mobile phone, for example.

The best thing for your credit rating is to have some access to credit, to pay off your bills every month and obviously no "black marks" such as CCJs etc. Also, never pay to have your credit rating "repaired", those factors I've just listed can't be repaired, however if data on you is erroneous, you can try and get it amended.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024