Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like another big summer 21:52 - Apr 19 with 1495 viewsBobsthename

coming ,Bakinson,Thompson,Bonne,Celina,Piggott,Norwood,all not good enough or not consistent enough surely Mckenna can see this it’s like another gelling early season excuses coming i’m hoping i’m wrong but those players will not win us promotion we need to sort Mckenna will be a busy man come May/june on wards.
Looks like another big summer on 21:55 - Apr 19 with 1420 viewsvilanovablue

There is 4 loans in there so it could be a lot worse. Actually 2 to try and sell. I suspect Mckenna knows what he wants supported by good infrastructure I'm looking forward to the summer and excited to see what happens.
Looks like another big summer on 22:21 - Apr 19 with 1267 viewsitfcjoe

6 players out of the 13 who just played the league leaders off the pitch not good enough, the other 7 must be something special

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Looks like another big summer on 22:29 - Apr 19 with 1178 viewsDarth_Koont

It's not the individuals per se, it's the team.

We're talking margins here. And we have to give McKenna and the players the chance to find that edge.

Sure, there might be some player turnover needed but a year ago people would have been slating Donacien, Woolfenden and Jackson.

We've got to leave certain things to the professionals who actually know what they are talking about.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like another big summer on 22:37 - Apr 19 with 1093 viewspointofblue

Looks like another big summer on 22:29 - Apr 19 by Darth_Koont

It's not the individuals per se, it's the team.

We're talking margins here. And we have to give McKenna and the players the chance to find that edge.

Sure, there might be some player turnover needed but a year ago people would have been slating Donacien, Woolfenden and Jackson.

We've got to leave certain things to the professionals who actually know what they are talking about.

The thing is we said the same with Cook. The difference is McKenna has proven he can turn improve players (for all the criticism, I think Bakinson looks better now than when he first joined and Thompson did very well tonight which will be overshadowed by the cross) and his vision of play is clear. The team behind the scenes need to work together to make sure everything comes together over the summer.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Looks like another big summer on 22:43 - Apr 19 with 1051 viewsBluefields

Bakinson was very good tonight. Thompson made a big difference second half too
Looks like another big summer on 22:48 - Apr 19 with 1008 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Nonsense

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Looks like another big summer on 22:51 - Apr 19 with 981 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like another big summer on 22:37 - Apr 19 by pointofblue

The thing is we said the same with Cook. The difference is McKenna has proven he can turn improve players (for all the criticism, I think Bakinson looks better now than when he first joined and Thompson did very well tonight which will be overshadowed by the cross) and his vision of play is clear. The team behind the scenes need to work together to make sure everything comes together over the summer.

I'm not sure Cook had much of a chance and we have dropped off in recent weeks under McKenna. But that's another conversation.

My point is more about building an actual team that can keep adding points and building momentum. McKenna needs the time to put that into place and I think he's made great strides in most areas. But never got to grips with the attack —— he didn't really have a transfer window to do that given the overwhelming priority seemed to be the defensive side.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like another big summer on 23:01 - Apr 19 with 899 viewsvilanovablue

Looks like another big summer on 22:51 - Apr 19 by Darth_Koont

I'm not sure Cook had much of a chance and we have dropped off in recent weeks under McKenna. But that's another conversation.

My point is more about building an actual team that can keep adding points and building momentum. McKenna needs the time to put that into place and I think he's made great strides in most areas. But never got to grips with the attack —— he didn't really have a transfer window to do that given the overwhelming priority seemed to be the defensive side.

He'll have been looking at forwards since he's been here. I'm guessing he and the team around him have a few ideas. I think the situation is eminently fixable.
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like another big summer on 23:03 - Apr 19 with 883 viewsBobsthename

Looks like another big summer on 22:21 - Apr 19 by itfcjoe

6 players out of the 13 who just played the league leaders off the pitch not good enough, the other 7 must be something special

We drew with them that’s what the record will show i’ll stick by what i said we won’t win promotion with those 6 in the side just not consistent enough this season has proved this we only have 4 points more now than last season .
Don’t get me wrong when we play on the front foot we look good but we need to take our chances and create more at set pieces the stats on our set pieces are diabolical.
Looks like another big summer on 23:16 - Apr 19 with 797 viewsEnigma_Blue

Looks like another big summer on 23:03 - Apr 19 by Bobsthename

We drew with them that’s what the record will show i’ll stick by what i said we won’t win promotion with those 6 in the side just not consistent enough this season has proved this we only have 4 points more now than last season .
Don’t get me wrong when we play on the front foot we look good but we need to take our chances and create more at set pieces the stats on our set pieces are diabolical.

If you are hoping we will be able to bring in 6 upgrades next season on those players you have mentioned I think you might end up being disappointd. We might be able to bring in 2 or 3 at the most.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2022 23:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024