Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please forgive me for posting this 10:08 - Jun 23 with 619 viewsPinewoodblue

https://www.designweek.co.uk/norwich-fc-rebrand/?fbclid=IwAR3ehW813TKUsaFaN39zvI

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Please forgive me for posting this on 10:16 - Jun 23 with 566 viewsGuthrum

That is quite interesting. My great-grandfather lived in Norwich and bred canaries (tho actually worked on the trams and, later, buses). Also, one branch of my Norfolk ancestors may have been among those Dutch immigrants, judging by the surname.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Please forgive me for posting this on 10:17 - Jun 23 with 554 viewsgiant_stow

I certainly forgive you - interesting read thanks. Its mentions the Strangers... My dad used to go to the Strangers club in Norwich which had a nice rule that anyone turning up had to be bought a drink by someone already in the bar, whether you knew them or not.

Not sure about the addition of white in the branding and would have preferred more of a bottle green and a more mellow yellow, but hey ho.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Please forgive me for posting this on 10:17 - Jun 23 with 551 viewsSTYG

That may be the worst typeface / font I have ever seen.

The gift that keeps on giving that lot.
Please forgive me for posting this on 10:20 - Jun 23 with 526 viewsgiant_stow

Please forgive me for posting this on 10:17 - Jun 23 by STYG

That may be the worst typeface / font I have ever seen.

The gift that keeps on giving that lot.

Despite being a designer (of sorts - digital handyman on web sites style) i've never truly understood what makes a good font. I just go by vibe when picking for a new project. bludy charlatan.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Please forgive me for posting this on 10:25 - Jun 23 with 511 viewsChurchman

I actually like the re-branding. It looks really smart. The problem is the colours and the canary thing. Alien yellow and bilious green. Not good. The canary? I’ve always thought it a little embarrassing for them, but there it is. As for the article, it’s a bullsh1t bingo players paradise:

‘The graphic patterns are all derived from a single grid which allowed the studio to create numerous iterations of different graphic volume for a range of applications, explains Rhodes. This range is designed to include the digital and physical touchpoints in the hope that it stays “relevant to the audience and channel,” Rhodes adds.’

Wow.

As to the history of the area, it’s really interesting.
Please forgive me for posting this on 10:29 - Jun 23 with 482 viewsSTYG

Please forgive me for posting this on 10:20 - Jun 23 by giant_stow

Despite being a designer (of sorts - digital handyman on web sites style) i've never truly understood what makes a good font. I just go by vibe when picking for a new project. bludy charlatan.

Even on a basic level, you show it to a load of people and when 80% go yeah I like that, it's probably better than when 80% say WTF is that.

I'm open to compliment Norwich when it's necessary. Some of the charity work they have done, work with the disabled etc is great, I have mates who are Norwich fans, despite hating the colours, some of your recent kits have been really well designed, but the canary in the new badge, the font and the intensity of some of the graphics are just horrid.

But if most Norwich fans love it then it's a job well done. Not sure how it's gone down there. That's ultimately what determines if the designers have smashed it or not, not what I think.
Please forgive me for posting this on 11:36 - Jun 23 with 421 viewsIllinoisblue

The Athletic had a long piece on this last week. It was actually quite interesting despite the subject matter.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Please forgive me for posting this on 12:48 - Jun 23 with 358 viewshoppy

"Norwich City’s rebrand pays homage to the region’s history of genetic weaving, or interbreeding, that it is proudly known for."

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024