Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts, some less popular than others 22:51 - Aug 13 with 1489 viewsitfc_bucks

Firstly, the really positive stuff.

JD looks absolutely electric. Were blessed at CB right now and I wouldn't trade any of Woolfie, JD, fridge or Keogh for any contemporary in this division.

On form, Chappers is unplayable.

Morsy and Evans did the dirty work. MK never got started because they never got 30s on the ball in the middle of the park. Ball had best get used to playing second fiddle (third fiddle?).

Now the unpopular stuff.

Top tonight is great, but let's not get carried away, we've beaten MK, currently without a point this season and a fair distance from the team they were last season.

Thoughts, some less popular than others on 22:57 - Aug 13 with 1400 viewsStewart27

I don’t think what you’ve said will be unpopular.

It’s bleeding obvious.
Thoughts, some less popular than others on 22:59 - Aug 13 with 1383 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Not sure there is anything there to disagree with.

I would add, though, that we have failed to make the most of playing teams like this previously.

It would be great to build some real momentum but it is early days still. That relentless momentum the top 6 or 7 showed at the end of last season is what we need.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Thoughts, some less popular than others on 09:27 - Aug 14 with 874 viewsstrikalite

I don't think MK have turned into a bad side, thought they knocked it around well at times, but the way we pressed and hurried to get the ball back was very good in all areas of the pitch...

They didn't come here to park the bus so it was a nice open game, similar to their place last season where both teams got it down and played..

Was hoping we'd turn three into four and five, that's kind of what really good ruthless sides do when they're on their game, but we have to consider the conditions and therefore seeing the game out by keeping the ball was sensible.
Thoughts, some less popular than others on 09:36 - Aug 14 with 833 viewsElephantintheRoom

Ahem. It’s August. They have played and beaten two of the teams who will get relegated - and dropped points at home to a play-off contender.

Yes it’s looking good - and are playing another relegation favourite next up.

But if you want a reality tablet - and I suspect you do. Town are one point above Bristol Rovers.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Thoughts, some less popular than others on 10:15 - Aug 14 with 739 viewspennblue

For me our defence is not quite perfect, maybe Keogh is the missing piece alongside George, but i realise this will be an unpopular opinion

Then you get on central midfield backup, if we lose Morsy or Evans is Ball fit enough? Is Humphreys ready to step in?

Then there is that poaching striker

So the table looks good, but i think we need a couple more tweaks before we are promotion ready

[Post edited 14 Aug 2022 10:18]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Thoughts, some less popular than others on 10:22 - Aug 14 with 694 viewsPinewoodblue

MK only lost their first two games by the odd goal and they will be closer to the top, than the bottom, come the end of the season.

We have only dropped points to Bolton, a good team, and we are the only team to score against them.

The future is blue.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Thoughts, some less popular than others on 10:27 - Aug 14 with 665 viewsGogs

Don’t disagree with any of that. Don’t know how MK will fare over the course of the season. Hard to see them challenging again based on yesterday’s performance, but I’d like to think that a lot of that was down to how we pressed them. If however, it turns out we’ve just beaten one of the better sides in the division, then that really does augur well
Thoughts, some less popular than others on 10:28 - Aug 14 with 658 viewsITFCed

Thoughts, some less popular than others on 09:36 - Aug 14 by ElephantintheRoom

Ahem. It’s August. They have played and beaten two of the teams who will get relegated - and dropped points at home to a play-off contender.

Yes it’s looking good - and are playing another relegation favourite next up.

But if you want a reality tablet - and I suspect you do. Town are one point above Bristol Rovers.

MK Dons won’t get relegated, just need a couple of additions up front and they will be upper half

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024