Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating 14:44 - Sep 25 with 745 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

To be fair they were better than I thought. I can't see them dropping many points at home this year. However, 1 point from those two tough away games ends up being a very a disappointing return in the end after leading both games in the second half. I thought the first goal was probably a foul (although Chaplin was looking for it) but really not sure this is one we can blame the ref too strongly today. We should have been playing with ten men.

The key spell was after half time, we had 15-20 minutes getting in behind them but we are just lacking that cutting edge. ESPN stats has us with twice as many shots and twice as many on target (I think), we really need to make momentum count. I'm also not sure KM really needed to change the shape at 1-0. Jackson was causing problems out wide. However, he still needs a bit more composure. A few times he just blasted it across the box without looking up when he had time.

Second goal was an error, they had created chances with tricky turns in the box etc and felt we were probably on the fortunate side not to concede another at some point so to gift them one in a crucial moment of the game really pissed me off.

I was up in injury time, thought Walton's header was in all the way. Probably fairly good value for a point. A physical at times bordering on dirty game.

It's going to take a lot of points to go up automatically.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2022 14:49]
Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:46 - Sep 25 with 699 viewspointofblue

Don't feel like blaming the strikers. They're not going to score two every game and we can't expect them to because we have no defence.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:48 - Sep 25 with 657 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:46 - Sep 25 by pointofblue

Don't feel like blaming the strikers. They're not going to score two every game and we can't expect them to because we have no defence.

I didn't.
Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:50 - Sep 25 with 623 viewsStokieBlue

Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:46 - Sep 25 by pointofblue

No defence?

We have the the best defensive record in the division over the second half of last season and the start of this season.

Bizarre stuff on here at the moment.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:50 - Sep 25 with 621 viewspointofblue

Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:48 - Sep 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I didn't.

"The key spell was after half time, we had 15-20 minutes getting in behind them but we are just lacking that cutting edge."

The key moments were Chaplin's idiocy and Edmundson's loose pass. We have to be able to win 1-0 sometimes.

Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:52 - Sep 25 with 591 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:50 - Sep 25 by pointofblue

"The key spell was after half time, we had 15-20 minutes getting in behind them but we are just lacking that cutting edge."

The key moments were Chaplin's idiocy and Edmundson's loose pass. We have to be able to win 1-0 sometimes.

Again I didn't, you're reading things that aren't there. Players other than strikers can score goals.
Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:52 - Sep 25 with 571 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Frustrating is the word. We were never comfortable or in control of that game and that's credit to Plymouth who I thought were excellent and deserving of the win.

We can't win every game but we fail to deliver against one of the leagues better sides again. Frustrating.
Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:54 - Sep 25 with 555 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:52 - Sep 25 by FromReuserWithLove

Frustrating is the word. We were never comfortable or in control of that game and that's credit to Plymouth who I thought were excellent and deserving of the win.

We can't win every game but we fail to deliver against one of the leagues better sides again. Frustrating.

They'll be right there, that's for sure.
Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:55 - Sep 25 with 543 viewsLankHenners

Yeah don't disagree with any of that.

I mentioned on another thread the Jackson whack across goal when he had two waiting for a cut back (including Chaplin who's been so deadly from those positions) being a particular waste of a good opportunity.

Agree about the subs - Jackson was making their LWB think twice about pushing too high up and leaving space, and whilst he wasn't playing that well Ladapo was offering a decent outlet to ease the pressure and keep the ball down in their half. Jackson just doesn't have that side of the game to him at all. Seemed to put a bit of a dampener on us as well - yes we had a couple of decent opportunities after they were made but once Plymouth stepped up a gear we couldn't get ourselves going again.

Buzzword for today is composure - didn't have it when we were looking for a 2nd and didn't have it when Plymouth upped the pressure. Very frustrating to get 1 point from 2 away games where we've been in front and been playing well.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:56 - Sep 25 with 506 viewspointofblue

Certainly no need to panic but beyond frustrating on 14:52 - Sep 25 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Again I didn't, you're reading things that aren't there. Players other than strikers can score goals.

Apologies - should have probably said our attacking play rather than purely our strikers.

As for the defence (in response to SB), 'no defence' was too harsh overall; we're fine against lower sides but have conceded seven goals in four games against those in the top six.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024