Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. 18:34 - Oct 15 with 862 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Inflation for us, kerching for them.

"New analysis by the Trades Union Congress has found that payouts to shareholders have increased three times faster than workers’ wages since the 2008 financial crash.

Shareholder handouts, through both dividends and companies buying back their own shares, have soared £440bn above inflation since 2008. Meanwhile, wages have fallen, growing £510bn less than inflation.

The TUC says the findings are evidence that firms do have the capacity for wage increases if they allow their workers a greater share of a business’s wealth.

“Too many businesses are lining shareholders’ pockets without giving workers a fair deal,” said the TUC general secretary, Frances O’Grady."

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 18:45 - Oct 15 with 823 viewsSwansea_Blue

Back in your box, peasant!

It's a funny old world. So many of us indirectly rely on what's happening with floated companies, yet we know it's stacked against us. I've inherited a reasonable stocks ISA (that's crashed over the last 12 months), so need to get up to speed on all of this stuff. So far it seems like the end goal is sticking one to the proles, but I know less than you'd think possible.

Anyway, that's a bit off point. At work our pension benefits have just been downgraded 30% because the employers used the lowest valuation in the last year for their forecasts, despite the fund regaining all lost ground in the last year and the employers banking record funds in reserves (it's the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) for those in the know like Cotty). Robbing barstools basically. We're not meant to win.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 19:09 - Oct 15 with 778 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 18:45 - Oct 15 by Swansea_Blue

Back in your box, peasant!

It's a funny old world. So many of us indirectly rely on what's happening with floated companies, yet we know it's stacked against us. I've inherited a reasonable stocks ISA (that's crashed over the last 12 months), so need to get up to speed on all of this stuff. So far it seems like the end goal is sticking one to the proles, but I know less than you'd think possible.

Anyway, that's a bit off point. At work our pension benefits have just been downgraded 30% because the employers used the lowest valuation in the last year for their forecasts, despite the fund regaining all lost ground in the last year and the employers banking record funds in reserves (it's the Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS) for those in the know like Cotty). Robbing barstools basically. We're not meant to win.

Perhaps that's how it works....flick a few crumbs off the table to blue collar workers and the middle classes. Just enough to keep them locked in to the game.

I also blame that Sid fella. The one who got told to buy British Gas!

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 19:12 - Oct 15 with 766 viewsnodge_blue

You move on from home defeats back to reality far too quickly

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 19:21 - Oct 15 with 750 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 19:12 - Oct 15 by nodge_blue

You move on from home defeats back to reality far too quickly

On a day like today it helps!

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 19:25 - Oct 15 with 737 viewsnodge_blue

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 19:21 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

On a day like today it helps!

Im still kicking the cat....

(thats a joke before someone reports me to the RSPCA)

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 19:55 - Oct 15 with 694 viewsSwansea_Blue

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 19:09 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Perhaps that's how it works....flick a few crumbs off the table to blue collar workers and the middle classes. Just enough to keep them locked in to the game.

I also blame that Sid fella. The one who got told to buy British Gas!

Yeah, it might be in fairness. I’m feeling awkward at inheriting, but it’s bloody tempting to grab what you can knowing it will set you for life. Maybe the onus is on me to not be a dick (good luck with that ) and to fight the good fight still. It’s doable, money doesn’t have to corrupt- look at Martin Lewis and what he’s trying to do for everyone in the UK despite being ridiculously minted.

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:08 - Oct 15 with 683 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 19:55 - Oct 15 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, it might be in fairness. I’m feeling awkward at inheriting, but it’s bloody tempting to grab what you can knowing it will set you for life. Maybe the onus is on me to not be a dick (good luck with that ) and to fight the good fight still. It’s doable, money doesn’t have to corrupt- look at Martin Lewis and what he’s trying to do for everyone in the UK despite being ridiculously minted.

Make good and wise use of what you get but don't let it change your fundamental principles.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:16 - Oct 15 with 663 viewsSwansea_Blue

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:08 - Oct 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Make good and wise use of what you get but don't let it change your fundamental principles.

Yeah, I might have over-shared there, but I don’t intend to turn into a heartless Tory barsteward any time soon. And it’s all relative anyway, my inheritance is probably chicken feed to many. (But if some can help me avoid paying more tax…. …. Joking obviously, to avoid any doubt!)

Login to get fewer ads

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:18 - Oct 15 with 656 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:16 - Oct 15 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, I might have over-shared there, but I don’t intend to turn into a heartless Tory barsteward any time soon. And it’s all relative anyway, my inheritance is probably chicken feed to many. (But if some can help me avoid paying more tax…. …. Joking obviously, to avoid any doubt!)

I believe that if you donate the total sum to ITFC you can reclaim all the tax you pay on your other earnings. At least some suggested something like that for a previous owner of the club.

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:20 - Oct 15 with 652 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:08 - Oct 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do unto others and all that innit!
If you keep tabs on the fact we are all part of a whole then you shouldn't go far wrong.

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:23 - Oct 15 with 645 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:16 - Oct 15 by Swansea_Blue

Over sharing is done by those that trust. Sadly I'm not sure I would trust everyone on here but good on you.

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:24 - Oct 15 with 640 viewsSwansea_Blue

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 20:18 - Oct 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

I believe that if you donate the total sum to ITFC you can reclaim all the tax you pay on your other earnings. At least some suggested something like that for a previous owner of the club.

Ah yes, good point. If I spend £90 million on us that turns into loadsa money, doesn’t it. I’d forgotten about that accounting anomaly.

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 21:46 - Oct 15 with 588 viewsUB9Blue

Brilliant.....I accept that this site is more lefty than a Labour conference at the BBC but it was football today!
Can we just have our angst or frustration on todays game confined to footy?
Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 22:14 - Oct 15 with 555 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 21:46 - Oct 15 by UB9Blue

Brilliant.....I accept that this site is more lefty than a Labour conference at the BBC but it was football today!
Can we just have our angst or frustration on todays game confined to footy?

Sorry, what would you like to talk about.....fire away.

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 22:17 - Oct 15 with 547 viewsUB9Blue

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 22:14 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

Football?
Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 22:19 - Oct 15 with 541 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 22:14 - Oct 15 by BanksterDebtSlave

If only there was a filter to select football only posts for those of a delicate political persuasion?

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 22:20 - Oct 15 with 540 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 22:17 - Oct 15 by UB9Blue

Football?

I have started 2 or 3 football threads since the game, what are your thoughts?

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 22:21 - Oct 15 with 535 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 22:19 - Oct 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

If only there was a filter to select football only posts for those of a delicate political persuasion?

Sometimes I think I must really be a woman....what with all this multitasking.

Qauntitative Easing....the gift that keeps on giving. on 23:29 - Oct 15 with 474 viewsHARRY10

Reminds me of listening to some of Trumps nutters, fearful of 'that there shosheelism'

" Why you start giving away free healthcare then folks would just help themselves to bandages and appliances.... because they were free. Other folks would be having operations cos fey were free, not cos they needed 'em"

This was from thickos attending a rally that was 'merican jobs for 'merican people, and waving their stars and stripes flags (made in china) they were too dim to grasp why wicked and evil soch a lism countries like in Western Europe had more holidays than them, (x3 in most cases), better sick pay and the kind of health care you could only get in the US if you were in the armed forces

The lesson being it is not necessarily the fault of the employers, thats what they do - but dimwitted workers who still subscribe to the idiotic notion that those fighting for them are their enemies, whilst those fighting against them are their friends

is is what the Sun/Mail/Express/Telegraph cause tr effect ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024