Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Understand people are down but negativity not warranted 10:06 - Jan 15 with 686 viewsHemelBlue

Was at the game yesterday and have watched the extended highlights a few times and we were just a freak goal away from a deserved win after a brilliantly managed performance against a main promotion rival. They were lively but we controlled the game, took the lead while on top and were doing a decent job of managing it out. By rights, we would now be tucked in behind them in the table, in striking distance with a game in hand.

Their goal was classic kitchen sink football with their budgie fullback trying anything in desperation. Obviously as budgies always have luck against us over the last decade, it takes a deflection and flies past our keeper. Lucky. Very lucky. Should not massively change how we feel about the game.

I get the natural reaction is to vent, and that’s what this forum seems mainly for, but I’d prefer we stayed rational about it and stayed lockstep behind the team.

We’re still favourite with bookies to finish above Plymouth and for good reason. We will finish above them. Keep the faith.
Understand people are down but negativity not warranted on 10:14 - Jan 15 with 622 viewsDJR

I thought the game was much more evenly balanced than that.

Plymouth played some excellent football at times, and on that showing didn't seem to be affected by the absence of Edwards or Whittaker. Indeed, the impression I took from the game is that I couldn't see many teams lower down the league beating them.

I still have the faith, but we have to acknowledge that Plymouth and Wednesday are some teams.
[Redacted] on 11:26 - Jan 15 with 509 viewsvictorywilhappen

Understand people are down but negativity not warranted on 10:14 - Jan 15 by DJR

I thought the game was much more evenly balanced than that.

Plymouth played some excellent football at times, and on that showing didn't seem to be affected by the absence of Edwards or Whittaker. Indeed, the impression I took from the game is that I couldn't see many teams lower down the league beating them.

I still have the faith, but we have to acknowledge that Plymouth and Wednesday are some teams.

[Redacted]
Understand people are down but negativity not warranted on 11:28 - Jan 15 with 490 viewspointofblue

[Redacted] on 11:26 - Jan 15 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

“Plymouth cannot beat us this season”

I think you’ll find they have.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Understand people are down but negativity not warranted on 11:29 - Jan 15 with 477 viewsMeadowlark

You saw a different game to the one I saw!
Understand people are down but negativity not warranted on 11:31 - Jan 15 with 458 viewsMattinLondon

[Redacted] on 11:26 - Jan 15 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

The negativity is totally over-the-top. There’s another 60 points to play for so anything can happen.

But we do not have an excellent team - it’s a L1 team that is no why near top half championship standard. We still have a lot of progress to do to makeup the damage Marcus Evans did. But I’m confident that we’ll still go up automatically this season.
[Redacted] on 11:31 - Jan 15 with 457 viewsvictorywilhappen

Understand people are down but negativity not warranted on 11:28 - Jan 15 by pointofblue

“Plymouth cannot beat us this season”

I think you’ll find they have.

[Redacted]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024