Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any TWTDers know about car repairs, in particular resprays/paint jobs? 13:07 - May 20 with 1490 viewsITFC_Esquire

Managed to nudge a colleagues car in a rush yesterday, and the quote seems ludicrous for a couple of scratches that can’t be seen from 2 feet away. Anyone I can dm for some advice?

Poll: What’s your ‘Away Priority Points Balance’?

Any TWTDers know about car repairs, in particular resprays/paint jobs? on 16:11 - May 20 with 1370 viewsronnyd

Any car repairs these days needing paint are crazy prices. Can you get away with a rattle can job?
Any TWTDers know about car repairs, in particular resprays/paint jobs? on 16:24 - May 20 with 1363 viewsMJallday

Tcut for light stuff

Otherwise you’re into respray territory. Depending on who you speak to - approx 200-400 a panel is a guide price. If you’re nice to a local they often do jobs ahem , that stay off the books

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Any TWTDers know about car repairs, in particular resprays/paint jobs? on 16:27 - May 20 with 1356 viewsChondzoresk

Professionally it will need to be blended in. It’s not a case of a touch up paint brush. Unfortunately, as with everything else the prices have gone up. It also makes a difference on paint finish. Solids will be cheapest, then metallics, then pearlescent.

So, it might be a small area and only “a couple of scratches”, but many factors are involved pushing the cost up.

Just one more thing. Were they deep scratches? if they were light, a compound would remove them with buffing machine.
Any TWTDers know about car repairs, in particular resprays/paint jobs? on 16:58 - May 20 with 1328 viewsITFC_Esquire

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I am swiftly discovering that it comes with a hefty price tag.

I’m looking at the pictures and I’m not sure that all the damage to the bumper can be attributed to my vehicle… I just made contact and then pulled away all in one motion and the scratches look to me to be at different angles and at different positions. The driver admitted that on the other side he hit a lamppost the day before which looked much worse than what I did. Not sure how I could prove that the others on the passenger side (that I made contact with) were not from me though. The majority looks like it could be buffed out but there is one 1cm chip in the paint (again unsure if I caused this).

Conveniently the damage from his crash is on the same panel and would be repaired at the same time, but he doesn’t want to pay half which he has no obligation to of course.

I have some images if anyone with knowledge would be willing to let me transfer via email/text.

Poll: What’s your ‘Away Priority Points Balance’?

Any TWTDers know about car repairs, in particular resprays/paint jobs? on 17:08 - May 20 with 1292 viewsVaughan8

I had some marks on my bonnet recently and hey have to basically do the whole panel so it was very expensive. The reason is to blend it in etc and it's metallic paint so have to turn it from the "normal" to metallic.

Everything with cars is so expensive.
Any TWTDers know about car repairs, in particular resprays/paint jobs? on 18:18 - May 20 with 1230 viewsronnyd

Any TWTDers know about car repairs, in particular resprays/paint jobs? on 16:58 - May 20 by ITFC_Esquire

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I am swiftly discovering that it comes with a hefty price tag.

I’m looking at the pictures and I’m not sure that all the damage to the bumper can be attributed to my vehicle… I just made contact and then pulled away all in one motion and the scratches look to me to be at different angles and at different positions. The driver admitted that on the other side he hit a lamppost the day before which looked much worse than what I did. Not sure how I could prove that the others on the passenger side (that I made contact with) were not from me though. The majority looks like it could be buffed out but there is one 1cm chip in the paint (again unsure if I caused this).

Conveniently the damage from his crash is on the same panel and would be repaired at the same time, but he doesn’t want to pay half which he has no obligation to of course.

I have some images if anyone with knowledge would be willing to let me transfer via email/text.

Bearing in mind what you have just posted i would go over his "damage" with a fine tooth comb. Could be he's trying to get his earlier repairs done with you footing the bill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024