Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action displays. 09:32 - Sep 27 with 2242 viewsMattinLondon

Just a quick question for Blue Action.

What with you guys not being in the NS anymore have you stopped doing any displays there? Just wondered when we play Norwich whether there is something planned as it’ll look better there when the players come into the pitch.
Blue Action displays. on 10:38 - Sep 27 with 2105 viewsBlue_Order

The smaller ones we used to do in S6 will now be in A-Block (like the 5th anniversary one we did on Saturday), and the larger ones will still be in the North Stand. The bigger ones will be less frequent though as funding is more of an issue nowadays.

We’ll have something in the North Stand for Norwich 👍
Blue Action displays. on 11:40 - Sep 27 with 1976 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blue Action displays. on 10:38 - Sep 27 by Blue_Order

The smaller ones we used to do in S6 will now be in A-Block (like the 5th anniversary one we did on Saturday), and the larger ones will still be in the North Stand. The bigger ones will be less frequent though as funding is more of an issue nowadays.

20 years of 'success' and nothing to show for it'

forever in our shadow

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Blue Action displays. on 11:49 - Sep 27 with 1927 viewsflettonblue

On a similar different theme. I'm sure your always got to many ideas to choose from for displays. Maybe one to consider is given the greatness of Kieran about thanking him now whilst we are in the moment and never so boyant as a club for decades? I was thinking of the (was it cup final,certainly a black and white photo I saw somewhere) display of T H A N K S B O B B Y where each fan held a white large letter and replicating that for Kieran? A nod both to tradition as well as gratitude now to him.
Blue Action displays. on 11:52 - Sep 27 with 1905 viewsFrimleyBlue

Blue Action displays. on 11:49 - Sep 27 by flettonblue

On a similar different theme. I'm sure your always got to many ideas to choose from for displays. Maybe one to consider is given the greatness of Kieran about thanking him now whilst we are in the moment and never so boyant as a club for decades? I was thinking of the (was it cup final,certainly a black and white photo I saw somewhere) display of T H A N K S B O B B Y where each fan held a white large letter and replicating that for Kieran? A nod both to tradition as well as gratitude now to him.

No no no,

We've had Hurst, lambo banners, never again.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Blue Action displays. on 11:54 - Sep 27 with 1900 viewsglasso

Can we have one for the end of the Norwich game that says:

"They still haven't played anyone good" - Wrathofthebarclay
Blue Action displays. on 12:01 - Sep 27 with 1862 viewsBluespeed225

Blue Action displays. on 11:54 - Sep 27 by glasso

Can we have one for the end of the Norwich game that says:

"They still haven't played anyone good" - Wrathofthebarclay

Yes, keep our powder dry until we have a result. Love that WOTB idea! Or something like, 'Thankyou norwich for participating in todays game'
Blue Action displays. on 13:21 - Sep 27 with 1740 viewsBasingstokeBlue

Does anyone have any footage / stills of Saturday's display? Being six rows behind where they now happen, we never get to see the displays themselves.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

The problem with where you are now.... on 13:36 - Sep 27 with 1682 viewsBloots

....is that about 40% of the ground, including the away fans can't see the displays.

If you can do more in the NS it would obviously have a greater effect.

Could you recycle some of the old ones to save cash? Or have they been binned?

Still a great effort, but unfortunately they have become a bit less impactful after the move.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action displays. on 13:42 - Sep 27 with 1633 viewsyesjohn99

What about a team bus welcome for the scum game?
Blue Action displays. on 15:26 - Sep 27 with 1496 viewsCityBlue

Blue Action displays. on 13:42 - Sep 27 by yesjohn99

What about a team bus welcome for the scum game?

A Norwich team bus welcome...lol ;-)

I T I D

The problem with where you are now.... on 16:10 - Sep 27 with 1421 viewsBlue_Order

The problem with where you are now.... on 13:36 - Sep 27 by Bloots

....is that about 40% of the ground, including the away fans can't see the displays.

If you can do more in the NS it would obviously have a greater effect.

Could you recycle some of the old ones to save cash? Or have they been binned?

Still a great effort, but unfortunately they have become a bit less impactful after the move.

Yeah, we knew we’d be less visual up there, but it was a sacrifice we had to make. Once the club redevelop the Cobbold and include a rail seated Curve attached to the North Stand we’ll be back in business

It’s not just the banners that are the issue (and we do try and reuse bits we can), it’s more the polysheets/flags we use to colour the stand. We can only use one supplier as the club are very strict on everything being fire retardant. Said supplier is very expensive, and we just don’t have the funds to purchase large amounts very often.

We do try and collect the ones we have after displays to reuse but a lot of them get ruined so stocks dwindle every time. It then takes us a fair while to save up again for more.
Blue Action displays. on 16:14 - Sep 27 with 1408 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Blue Action displays. on 11:52 - Sep 27 by FrimleyBlue

No no no,

We've had Hurst, lambo banners, never again.

I think the Lambo banner would be quite funny at this derby, I think both sets of fans can agree on the dislike, he relegated us and fked them over!
I'll buy some more stickers. (n/t) on 16:17 - Sep 27 with 1399 viewsBloots

The problem with where you are now.... on 16:10 - Sep 27 by Blue_Order

Yeah, we knew we’d be less visual up there, but it was a sacrifice we had to make. Once the club redevelop the Cobbold and include a rail seated Curve attached to the North Stand we’ll be back in business

It’s not just the banners that are the issue (and we do try and reuse bits we can), it’s more the polysheets/flags we use to colour the stand. We can only use one supplier as the club are very strict on everything being fire retardant. Said supplier is very expensive, and we just don’t have the funds to purchase large amounts very often.

We do try and collect the ones we have after displays to reuse but a lot of them get ruined so stocks dwindle every time. It then takes us a fair while to save up again for more.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

How about for the banner on 18:25 - Sep 27 with 1249 viewshjerman

I'll buy some more stickers. (n/t) on 16:17 - Sep 27 by Bloots

OTBC - Only Town Been Champions
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024