Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This abnormal load stuff 19:31 - Oct 29 with 1343 viewsWoolfenthen

Is there a logic of it being brought to Ipswich dockside and then through the Town centre??
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 19:31]
This abnormal load stuff on 20:06 - Oct 29 with 1248 viewsGogs

Only logic I can think is that it was the only possible route it could have taken. it took an odd route to get there too - Cliff Road - Duke Street, Fore Hamlet, Bishop's Hill/ Felixstowe Road - Derby Road - Tomline Road - Foxhall Road - Grove Lane - St.Helen's Street - Crown Street - Norwich Road, and it's parked up on the old Norwich Road for a week. I saw the thing this lunchtime coming through town at a snail's pace, it was f...ing huge. It must be a logistical nightmare moving something like that.
This abnormal load stuff on 00:58 - Oct 30 with 1054 viewsstonojnr

This abnormal load stuff on 20:06 - Oct 29 by Gogs

Only logic I can think is that it was the only possible route it could have taken. it took an odd route to get there too - Cliff Road - Duke Street, Fore Hamlet, Bishop's Hill/ Felixstowe Road - Derby Road - Tomline Road - Foxhall Road - Grove Lane - St.Helen's Street - Crown Street - Norwich Road, and it's parked up on the old Norwich Road for a week. I saw the thing this lunchtime coming through town at a snail's pace, it was f...ing huge. It must be a logistical nightmare moving something like that.

even then they had to dismantle alot of the roadside furniture so the trailer could turn on some of the roads, and it used chunks of the pavement too.

quite impressive to lug all 336tons of it (in total its over 500 with all the weight of the vehicles) up Bishops Hill though, I struggle just to ride myself up it :)

Id like to think they knew how much gap there was at the Ferodo bridge and it wasnt the drama the local paper make out that it just fit through.

but yep I think that was the only way, every other route you think of inevitably hits some kind of bridge, thats why they had to use Tomline Rd to get to Foxhall Rd, and I dont think many bridges are built to cope with that kind of weight.
This abnormal load stuff on 01:32 - Oct 30 with 1035 viewsPerublue

This abnormal load stuff on 00:58 - Oct 30 by stonojnr

even then they had to dismantle alot of the roadside furniture so the trailer could turn on some of the roads, and it used chunks of the pavement too.

quite impressive to lug all 336tons of it (in total its over 500 with all the weight of the vehicles) up Bishops Hill though, I struggle just to ride myself up it :)

Id like to think they knew how much gap there was at the Ferodo bridge and it wasnt the drama the local paper make out that it just fit through.

but yep I think that was the only way, every other route you think of inevitably hits some kind of bridge, thats why they had to use Tomline Rd to get to Foxhall Rd, and I dont think many bridges are built to cope with that kind of weight.

Devonshire Road was a missed opportunity for hilarity.

Poll: Rugby World Cup Winner ?

This abnormal load stuff on 11:44 - Oct 30 with 796 viewshoppy

Yasmin wasn't too happy when I said to her I couldn't understand all the fuss about this 'abnormal load', as I never make a big song and dance when I take her anywhere in the car...

She gave me a punch on the arm.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024