Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Beatles fans out there? 23:41 - Oct 25 with 2069 viewsWhos_blue

Something's a brewing.




"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

0
Any Beatles fans out there? on 07:57 - Oct 26 with 1901 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s the final John Lennon demo called “Now And Then” that he put in an envelope labelled “For Paul” shortly before his murder. Along with “Free As A Bird” and “Real Love” that George, Paul and Ringo worked on for the Anthology project in 1996.

George didn’t like “Now And Then” much. Macca gave an account in an interview about 15 years ago.

George to Paul “its fcuking rubbish”
Paul to a George “But it’s John, George”
George to Paul “It’s still fcuking rubbish”

Apparently the tape quality was so poor that Jeff Lynne couldn’t work his magic on “Now And Then” as he had with “ Free As A Bird” and “Real Love” but modern tech used in the Get Back documentary has allowed them to seperate Lennon’s voice from his piano, any tape buzz and background noise.

Looking forward to hearing the finished song.

Edit. Found the Macca interview.

https://www.tiktok.com/@george
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 11:09]

Antisemites, Jew haters and crashing bores will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

1
Any Beatles fans out there? on 10:53 - Oct 26 with 1761 viewsWhos_blue

Any Beatles fans out there? on 07:57 - Oct 26 by GlasgowBlue

It’s the final John Lennon demo called “Now And Then” that he put in an envelope labelled “For Paul” shortly before his murder. Along with “Free As A Bird” and “Real Love” that George, Paul and Ringo worked on for the Anthology project in 1996.

George didn’t like “Now And Then” much. Macca gave an account in an interview about 15 years ago.

George to Paul “its fcuking rubbish”
Paul to a George “But it’s John, George”
George to Paul “It’s still fcuking rubbish”

Apparently the tape quality was so poor that Jeff Lynne couldn’t work his magic on “Now And Then” as he had with “ Free As A Bird” and “Real Love” but modern tech used in the Get Back documentary has allowed them to seperate Lennon’s voice from his piano, any tape buzz and background noise.

Looking forward to hearing the finished song.

Edit. Found the Macca interview.

https://www.tiktok.com/@george
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 11:09]


Yes looking forward to this.
I especially liked free as a bird, but I think thst was in part due to the incredible video that accompanied it.
I do think it stands up on it's own though.
I remember the dedicated launch night on tv.
Real love was ok. I always got the impression there was a certain amount of friction between Paul and George during the group anthology interviews, so wonder what it was like in the studio recording the new tracks.
It will be interesting to see what they've done with this last "new" track. I wonder if it will sound like ELO again?!?

"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

0
Any Beatles fans out there? on 14:13 - Oct 26 with 1689 viewsWhos_blue

The last "new" single to be released on 2/11.
Nice 7" vinyl version, but £17.99?
The red and blue albums are getting extended to 3 LPs and rereleased, but at £69.99 each!

Not much "peace and love" in those prices Ringo!

"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

0
Any Beatles fans out there? on 14:14 - Oct 26 with 1687 viewsKeno

I saw that yesterday

Poll: So TWTD What's The Greatest Sporting Achievement
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

0
Any Beatles fans out there? on 14:16 - Oct 26 with 1684 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

What’s my favourite Beatles album?.. Errr, that’s a tough question… I think I would have to say ‘The Best of the Beatles’
0
Any Beatles fans out there? on 14:47 - Oct 26 with 1653 viewsWhos_blue

Any Beatles fans out there? on 14:16 - Oct 26 by King_of_Portman_Rd

What’s my favourite Beatles album?.. Errr, that’s a tough question… I think I would have to say ‘The Best of the Beatles’



"Look, I don't wanna be the same as everybody else. That's why I'm a Mod, see?"

0
Any Beatles fans out there? on 21:47 - Nov 1 with 1338 viewsGlasgowBlue

One day to go.


Antisemites, Jew haters and crashing bores will be put on ignore.
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

2
Any Beatles fans out there? on 22:34 - Nov 1 with 1295 viewsnoggin



Something brewing you say...
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 22:37]

Poll: Prediction for England v Norway

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2026