Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midweek travel advice from Cambridge 18:47 - Nov 22 with 1826 viewsedd

Whilst its relatively quiet would be grateful for some travel advice. I don’t get to many home games but next week I’m on a course near Cambridge and hopefully leaving (by car) just before 6 to get to the Millwall game. Would prefer to train it but looks like options back are limited as no later trains afterwards except a couple to Stowmarket? Do people travelling from Cambridge direction generally find it a better option to dump the car in Stowmarket and train it rather than going straight through and trying to get a spot in Ipswich? Or would it be a struggle at that time? Any help most appreciated, thanks.
Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 19:16 - Nov 22 with 1739 viewsDarkBrandon

Six might be pushing it. If anything happens on the 14 it backs up as it is so busy. Are the roadworks done now?
Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 19:26 - Nov 22 with 1706 viewsbrogansnose

Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 19:16 - Nov 22 by DarkBrandon

Six might be pushing it. If anything happens on the 14 it backs up as it is so busy. Are the roadworks done now?

No, the roadworks are nowhere near finished. Sometime next year ,apparently.
Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 19:31 - Nov 22 with 1687 viewsBasuco

There are currently roadworks around Woolpit to Stowmarket that are a complete pain, the last night game there were 30 to 45 minutes delay. I would take a look at travel times on google maps leaving at 6PM over a few nights to see what the average delay is. You need to get through these to reach Stowmarket.
Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 20:19 - Nov 22 with 1594 viewsFixed_It

Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 19:26 - Nov 22 by brogansnose

No, the roadworks are nowhere near finished. Sometime next year ,apparently.

Summer 2024.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 20:20 - Nov 22 with 1601 viewsSamWhiteUK

I live in the Cambridge area. When I've done a midweek game I've always tried to be off as close to 5.30 as I can (when I finish work) and it can take a long time. That's driving - it becomes a struggle once you get towards Ipswich
Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 20:23 - Nov 22 with 1586 viewsedd

Many thanks all, seems pretty clear that I won't have time to mess about with trains on the way in and more importantly need to get out early. Much appreciated.
Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 20:32 - Nov 22 with 1553 viewsBluemer

Don't forget the game doesn't kick off until 8 o'clock so that gives you a few more minutes
Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 23:30 - Nov 22 with 1428 viewsWhos_blue

Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 20:20 - Nov 22 by SamWhiteUK

I live in the Cambridge area. When I've done a midweek game I've always tried to be off as close to 5.30 as I can (when I finish work) and it can take a long time. That's driving - it becomes a struggle once you get towards Ipswich

Me too.

I leave at 5:30 now. The roadworks are really hit and miss. It's generally at least a 30 minute delay, but it took over 2 hours door to door for the Fulham game. There was a diversion through Needham on the way home too. A four hour round trip.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Login to get fewer ads

Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 00:08 - Nov 23 with 1406 viewsBLUEBEAT

Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 23:30 - Nov 22 by Whos_blue

Me too.

I leave at 5:30 now. The roadworks are really hit and miss. It's generally at least a 30 minute delay, but it took over 2 hours door to door for the Fulham game. There was a diversion through Needham on the way home too. A four hour round trip.

That was an awful night for the A14.

I noticed through the diversion via Needham Market/Stowmarket that they had many signs for the ‘Food Museum’. Is that where food was invented?

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 08:50 - Nov 23 with 1215 viewsMrPorterloo

I also will be driving from Cambridge, as does somebody else in this thread. Given the terrible train situation, would anyone be interested in a car share system from Cambridge to Ipswich for midweek games?
Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 09:29 - Nov 23 with 1152 viewstextbackup

As a Towny I’ve never had these travelling issues, I have however always wondered what the trains are like after a mid week game, vs a London team.
You’ve got our Essex based fans travelling back, with 400-1000 London based fans. Do they lay on extra trains/carriages?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Midweek travel advice from Cambridge on 13:48 - Nov 23 with 1017 viewsWickets

I drive from Mildenhall , A14 so same road like to leave 12.30 / 5.30 usually allows me plenty of time even with these road repairs .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024