Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras 14:07 - Dec 10 with 880 viewsMiaow

Jimmy Leadbetter and Dalian Atkinson

Anybody know what year? I'm guessing c. 1988.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 14:45 - Dec 10 with 788 viewsgainsboroughblue

88 would be my educated guess. What a player he was.

Edit. Atkinson I meant. I didn't see Leadbitter but heard of his greatness
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 14:47]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 14:46 - Dec 10 with 785 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Got to be 88 hasn't it?

Dalian was gone by 1989 having been introduced to the team the year before?

I may have that wrong of course.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 14:48 - Dec 10 with 769 viewsgainsboroughblue

A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 14:46 - Dec 10 by You_Bloo_Right

Got to be 88 hasn't it?

He left during 89. Just before the transfer deadline I think which would be been March in those days.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 14:49 - Dec 10 with 757 viewsburnbudgiesburn

A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 14:46 - Dec 10 by You_Bloo_Right

Got to be 88 hasn't it?

Dalian made his debut in the top flight for us in 1986, but yeah 87-88 was his breakthrough year.
A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 15:19 - Dec 10 with 703 viewsoldburian

The year we won the League, Jimmy had a little windfall. His bet in the Grand National came up! He had put sixpence each way on. Mind you he was Scottish.
A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 15:41 - Dec 10 with 664 viewsFifeITFC

I might be wrong, but I think this is the Fisons Man of the Match award for his Middlesbrough hat-trick game.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 15:42 - Dec 10 with 657 viewsDJR

A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 15:41 - Dec 10 by FifeITFC

I might be wrong, but I think this is the Fisons Man of the Match award for his Middlesbrough hat-trick game.

I would have thought that too. And it was a game I was fortunate to be at.
A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 16:02 - Dec 10 with 627 viewsTangledupin_Blue

In that picture, JL doesn't look at day older than when he was playing! Proper legend.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Login to get fewer ads

A good photograph of two fine Town players from different eras on 16:09 - Dec 10 with 610 viewsBluespeed225

Dalian was one of few highs in that era. However, we did have a great kits, and those tracksuit tops, swoon!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024