Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Shogun series has dropped on Disney 19:06 - Feb 28 with 676 viewsKeno

One of my favourite books, loved 70/80's series with Richard Chamberlain and Mariko

Hoping the new one isnt a let down
[Post edited 28 Feb 19:06]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

New Shogun series has dropped on Disney on 20:41 - Feb 28 with 599 viewsChurchman

Ahhh, James Clavell. Shogun is one of my favourite books. In my top five.

The Richard Chamberlain series was well made and pretty true to the book but as with all screen adaptations a lot of the sub plots/threads are lost. It was good though, but I suspect looks very dated now.
New Shogun series has dropped on Disney on 20:43 - Feb 28 with 595 viewsredrickstuhaart

New Shogun series has dropped on Disney on 20:41 - Feb 28 by Churchman

The Richard Chamberlain series was well made and pretty true to the book but as with all screen adaptations a lot of the sub plots/threads are lost. It was good though, but I suspect looks very dated now.

Fine book. Long. Very long.

Have read it twice and have some others of his on the shelf, yet to be opened...
New Shogun series has dropped on Disney on 20:45 - Feb 28 with 592 viewsKeno

New Shogun series has dropped on Disney on 20:41 - Feb 28 by Churchman

Yes that one does look dated

I’m into the 2nd episode and I will admit impressed. It’s paced a little slower and pretty much follows the book

No only qualm is I prefer the original Lady Mariko

New Shogun series has dropped on Disney on 21:59 - Feb 28 with 539 viewsChurchman

New Shogun series has dropped on Disney on 20:45 - Feb 28 by Keno

Yes that one does look dated

I’m into the 2nd episode and I will admit impressed. It’s paced a little slower and pretty much follows the book

No only qualm is I prefer the original Lady Mariko

The 1980s Mariko was played by the lovely Shimada Yoko. According to IMDB she sadly died in 2022. RIP
New Shogun series has dropped on Disney on 22:06 - Feb 28 with 522 viewsCoastalblue

As a younger teenager those James Clavell books had some quite fruity scenes in them.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

New Shogun series has dropped on Disney on 22:24 - Feb 28 with 489 viewsKeno

New Shogun series has dropped on Disney on 21:59 - Feb 28 by Churchman

The 1980s Mariko was played by the lovely Shimada Yoko. According to IMDB she sadly died in 2022. RIP

I’m not realised she’d died, very lovely lady and played Mariko so very well

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024