Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump - really, I mean really?? 08:31 - Jan 22 with 16227 viewsunstableblue

People are really flabbergasted and concerned this morning in the US. Is he really going to be like this??

Basically he is claiming 1.5million people for his inauguration, he is stating it's is ghe largest turnout ever. He is stating the media are lying that it was only 250k, and much lower than Obamas.

He won't even acknowkedge the protest movement - which was larger. He's basically p!ssed about this and is blaming the media. His press secretary has carried on the line and the attack.

But photos and importantly the Washington mass transit numbers prove the press news.

Trump is lying! Like he did throughout his campaign. But now he is president.

It is shocking. It is like a banana republic.

And to think there were muppets on here lauding him.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 8:32]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 09:51 - Jan 22 with 3045 viewsArcher4721

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16114167_10154124165432019_2448624

[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 9:54]
Trump - really, I mean really?? on 09:51 - Jan 22 with 3038 viewsbluelagos

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 09:21 - Jan 22 by Archer4721

Indeed. Much like those who voted Brexit.

The disillusioned / fed up with Westminster were certainly a key part of the Brexit vote.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

No but you miss the point on 09:53 - Jan 22 with 3034 viewsDyland

No but you miss the point on 09:48 - Jan 22 by Ftnfwest

And celebrities and pop stars have all said he's nasty too!

Well I get where you're going here Westers but I quite frankly couldn't give two sh1ts what they say. Like the embarrassing placard in London yesterday that said in the UK Trump means a fart. Pretty pathetic.

I do give two sh1ts about people in power dismissing everyone who disagrees with anything they say as liars and smearing anybody who dares challenge them.

Forget fake news, this man is plain old bad news.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

No but you miss the point on 09:54 - Jan 22 with 3027 viewsunstableblue

No but you miss the point on 09:27 - Jan 22 by Barneycurley

Its chilling. I was driving to work listening to his speech at the CIA and i literally shuddered its like North Korea. It felt like the people cheering and applauding were doing so on instruction.

I can say that ive been this concerned about how 1 man could do some serious damage around the globe.

The outgoing CIA chief just gave 2 barrels:

- making the speech about him (it's always about him)
- and basically complete changing his tube about the intelligence agencies, just lying basically

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 09:58 - Jan 22 with 3011 viewsGuthrum

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 08:37 - Jan 22 by taximan

is lying about how many people were at his do that important ?

Both no and yes.

No, in that it's a very trivial matter.

But yes, in that if he's prepared to lie about something so petty and make a big thing of it, what does that say about his attitude to truth and reality? What else is he prepared to lie about?

Running a country, negative things are going to happen. You can't just wish them out of existence by bare-faced denial. It's like Muhammad Saeed al-Sahaf telling the press that the Americans were nowhere near Baghdad when their tanks were only a few hundred yards away. Or you declaring that a set of nasty roadworks on the A12 would not add time to a rush-hour journey between London and Ipswich wouldn't stop you getting stuck.

Leaders being that prickly about personal prestige and "face" have been contibutory causes of a number of wars, including the First World War and the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 09:59 - Jan 22 with 3003 viewsWeWereZombies

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 09:45 - Jan 22 by MVBlue

The U.S. Is going to lose a lot of respect in the next few years. I wonder which nations can step up on the world stage tonnow govern and lead instead.

I think you will find China has already done so, Trump is just damage limitation for us (May at least is commencing that operation on Friday) but China are the players we need to find an accommodation with - it's not going to be comfortable but it is necessary.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

No but you miss the point on 10:00 - Jan 22 with 3001 viewsFtnfwest

No but you miss the point on 09:53 - Jan 22 by Dyland

Well I get where you're going here Westers but I quite frankly couldn't give two sh1ts what they say. Like the embarrassing placard in London yesterday that said in the UK Trump means a fart. Pretty pathetic.

I do give two sh1ts about people in power dismissing everyone who disagrees with anything they say as liars and smearing anybody who dares challenge them.

Forget fake news, this man is plain old bad news.

Oh he's barmy in many respects but that sort of rhetoric is water off a ducks back for me. You know what I mean though, social media doesn't like him but ultimately social media isn't the world.
No but you miss the point on 10:10 - Jan 22 with 2972 viewsDarth_Koont

No but you miss the point on 09:39 - Jan 22 by vapour_trail

I don't disagree with this.

However, our own political leaders this side of the water lie to us all the time. They're less overt. Less blatant. But they're liars, all of them.

Stop voting.

Agreed re: the lies.

And it's got to the point that voting seems to be tacit approval for this charade, something I never thought I'd say until 2016 came along.

Certainly it's time the media and the public stopped debating and rehashing what politicians say and only focus on what they do. The constant coverage and analysis of rhetoric is in itself fake news.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

No but you miss the point on 10:18 - Jan 22 with 2962 viewsDyland

No but you miss the point on 10:00 - Jan 22 by Ftnfwest

Oh he's barmy in many respects but that sort of rhetoric is water off a ducks back for me. You know what I mean though, social media doesn't like him but ultimately social media isn't the world.

I do get your point buh.

Trump is right, the media do lie and are manipulative. As are politicians. The irony is that these agendas are (mostly, arguably) driven by protecting corporate business interests, which is precisely what HE represents. It works both ways.

How EVERYONE can't see through this absurd fraud is quite ridiculous.

No but you miss the point on 10:23 - Jan 22 with 2935 viewsWeWereZombies

No but you miss the point on 10:18 - Jan 22 by Dyland

I do get your point buh.

Trump is right, the media do lie and are manipulative. As are politicians. The irony is that these agendas are (mostly, arguably) driven by protecting corporate business interests, which is precisely what HE represents. It works both ways.

You're not saying 'Propaganda, all is phoney', are you?

But surely there are times when even the President of the United States must stand naked?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

No but you miss the point on 10:25 - Jan 22 with 2917 viewsDyland

No but you miss the point on 10:23 - Jan 22 by WeWereZombies

You're not saying 'Propaganda, all is phoney', are you?

But surely there are times when even the President of the United States must stand naked?

Well if my thought dreams could be seen they'd probably put my head in a guillotine.

No but you miss the point on 10:30 - Jan 22 with 2901 viewsRyorry

No but you miss the point on 10:18 - Jan 22 by Dyland

I do get your point buh.

Heard a "vox pop" of Trump supporters in Washington on 'Up All Night' last night - NONE of them could see through him - "we believe in America and God" from one couple just about summed all of them up - a more totally deluded, blinkered, narrow-minded bunch it would be hard to find on this planet.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No but you miss the point on 10:32 - Jan 22 with 2897 viewsDyland

No but you miss the point on 10:30 - Jan 22 by Ryorry

Heard a "vox pop" of Trump supporters in Washington on 'Up All Night' last night - NONE of them could see through him - "we believe in America and God" from one couple just about summed all of them up - a more totally deluded, blinkered, narrow-minded bunch it would be hard to find on this planet.

"We believe in America and God."

Right, well done. As if that explains everything.

Sweet Jesus, it's pathetic isn't it!

No but you miss the point on 10:32 - Jan 22 with 2895 viewsBarneycurley

No but you miss the point on 10:25 - Jan 22 by Dyland

Well if my thought dreams could be seen they'd probably put my head in a guillotine.

cavorting naked with one legged midgets isnt a hangable offence these days. You are safe - for now....

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 10:34 - Jan 22 with 2884 viewsitfcjoe

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 08:56 - Jan 22 by bluelagos

999 followers eh Joe! So close to the thousand :-)

Hasn't seen that - so close!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 10:46 - Jan 22 with 2834 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 09:03 - Jan 22 by lowhouseblue

oh right, so cil will be on later with youtube videos showing this. i don't care about the number of people there either. but to lie so casually and blatantly once he is in office is bizarre.

Who did you vote for in the Labour leadership election?

https://order-order.com/2016/07/26/empty-seats-smith-campaign-rally/

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 10:54 - Jan 22 with 2829 viewsbournemouthblue

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 08:41 - Jan 22 by lowhouseblue

it is nothing less than bare faced lying. its unhinged. i wonder how they explain away the photos?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38707722

I did wonder of the photos were taken when people were starting to empty out

Have their been any counter photos to the photos doing the rounds?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 11:34 - Jan 22 with 2796 viewsunstableblue

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 10:54 - Jan 22 by bournemouthblue

I did wonder of the photos were taken when people were starting to empty out

Have their been any counter photos to the photos doing the rounds?

This time lapse from PBS shows from dawn to the point after the ceremony when people start to leave; so Trump and now his press secretary are lying.

They've dropped the ball big time, it exposes their fake news agenda as news they don't like....

You can't lie in office, you can't make stuff up, and there is factual evidence that they are making up the fact crowds went all the way to the memorial.

No but you miss the point on 12:12 - Jan 22 with 2754 viewsBinner

No but you miss the point on 10:00 - Jan 22 by Ftnfwest

Underestimate Social Media at your peril.

A New World Order has developed over the last decade or so. Whoever is best at manipulating opinion, through FB, Twitter and other info streams, will take the prizes. Up to now Trump has been most adept at propagandizing. We all know of his many failings and shortcomings but in this, at least, he is leading the way.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 12:16 - Jan 22 with 2739 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

oh no that's deplorable, lets smash up Washington because we don't agree with the vote. Lying is what politicians do isn't it?, he's not been one before.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 12:22 - Jan 22 with 2699 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 12:16 - Jan 22 by Jonnosdreadlocks

oh no that's deplorable, lets smash up Washington because we don't agree with the vote. Lying is what politicians do isn't it?, he's not been one before.

You don't see a problem with blatant lying about something so trivial?

There's the silliness of the lie and then there's also the fact that it seems very important for his ego. This is the most powerful man(child) in the world with a key global economy and the most powerful military as his toys ...

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 12:27 - Jan 22 with 2687 viewsJ2BLUE

You need to understand Trump's base. The majority of them have a real issue with the 'mainstream media' so the more Trump clashes with them the more people will feel reassured that he is anti establishment. Don't bother replying telling me he isn't anti establishment, that is irrelevant to my point.

Washington is heavily democrat. That's why there weren't anywhere near so many people there. To try and deny this is stupid to us but cements support with a lot of his voters.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 12:33 - Jan 22 with 2665 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 12:27 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

You need to understand Trump's base. The majority of them have a real issue with the 'mainstream media' so the more Trump clashes with them the more people will feel reassured that he is anti establishment. Don't bother replying telling me he isn't anti establishment, that is irrelevant to my point.

Washington is heavily democrat. That's why there weren't anywhere near so many people there. To try and deny this is stupid to us but cements support with a lot of his voters.

The press should just boycott his press conferences. They're meaningless anyway but that's the only way he'll learn.

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 12:43 - Jan 22 with 2637 viewsGlasgowBlue

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 11:34 - Jan 22 by unstableblue

This time lapse from PBS shows from dawn to the point after the ceremony when people start to leave; so Trump and now his press secretary are lying.

They've dropped the ball big time, it exposes their fake news agenda as news they don't like....

You can't lie in office, you can't make stuff up, and there is factual evidence that they are making up the fact crowds went all the way to the memorial.

"You can't lie in office, you can't make stuff up"

[Post edited 22 Jan 2017 12:44]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 13:30 - Jan 22 with 2573 viewsJ2BLUE

Trump - really, I mean really?? on 12:33 - Jan 22 by Darth_Koont

The press should just boycott his press conferences. They're meaningless anyway but that's the only way he'll learn.

The press exist to make money. They aren't going to boycott his press conferences.

Just to reiterate my point from the last few months the democrats and media are partly to blame for all this for their insistence that Clinton was the nominee. Sanders never had a fair chance. It should have been Biden.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024