Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That McDonald's ad 23:23 - May 15 with 17356 viewsjeera

Has finally attracted criticism.

How the feck could anyone think that was a good idea in the first place? How stupid.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

That McDonald's ad on 08:45 - May 16 with 3634 viewsLord_Lucan

That McDonald's ad on 08:41 - May 16 by vapour_trail

A fillet o fish for dessert? That's heading into j2 and rommers territory, Lucan.

I rarely eat desserts as they are too sweet for me, if I am having lunch or dinner out and am still hungry after my mains I often have a starter as a dessert.

Went to Suffolk Food Hall for lunch yesterday and thought about having Hummus for dessert but the price put me off.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

That McDonald's ad on 08:46 - May 16 with 3644 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That McDonald's ad on 08:33 - May 16 by ThePitBoss

Classic TWTD. Getting all offended by a Maccy Ds advert.

How some of you snowflakes get through the day, I don't know.

Has anyone actually taken offence to the advert or are we just discussing whether it's morally correct to use the death of a parent at a young age to promote a fast food chain?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

That McDonald's ad on 08:46 - May 16 with 3640 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That McDonald's ad on 08:41 - May 16 by vapour_trail

A fillet o fish for dessert? That's heading into j2 and rommers territory, Lucan.

Since when did I get thrown into the same category as J2?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

That McDonald's ad on 08:49 - May 16 with 3633 viewsvapour_trail

That McDonald's ad on 08:46 - May 16 by The_Romford_Blue

Since when did I get thrown into the same category as J2?

When you had onion rings with your roast dinner!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

That McDonald's ad on 08:50 - May 16 with 3632 viewsvapour_trail

That McDonald's ad on 08:45 - May 16 by Lord_Lucan

I rarely eat desserts as they are too sweet for me, if I am having lunch or dinner out and am still hungry after my mains I often have a starter as a dessert.

Went to Suffolk Food Hall for lunch yesterday and thought about having Hummus for dessert but the price put me off.

Same here. But I normally just have a starter.

That McDonald's ad on 08:54 - May 16 with 3613 viewsLord_Lucan

That McDonald's ad on 08:50 - May 16 by vapour_trail

Same here. But I normally just have a starter.

But then you have nothing when the Mrs is scoffing down a sweet.

Try it my way, it makes perfect sense.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

That McDonald's ad on 09:10 - May 16 with 3607 viewsmonytowbray

I see the usual suspects failing to grasp things they don't understand.

Benters; if the advert had of been exploiting cancer I'm sure it'd be a different story. Quick to put down other people's offence but fast to scream about your own.

Glassers; I've seen you call people out for being insensitive and lacking a moral compass on here for lesser reasons.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

That McDonald's ad on 09:35 - May 16 with 3566 viewsvapour_trail

That McDonald's ad on 08:54 - May 16 by Lord_Lucan

But then you have nothing when the Mrs is scoffing down a sweet.

Try it my way, it makes perfect sense.

Mrs vapour never does pudding either, we are both savoury. I could opt for another starter whilst the kids get stuck into ice cream though.

I will consider it. Probably on an evening I have kicked off with a shower beer.

Login to get fewer ads

That McDonald's ad on 09:38 - May 16 with 3560 viewstaximan

That McDonald's ad on 09:10 - May 16 by monytowbray

Benters; if the advert had of been exploiting cancer I'm sure it'd be a different story. Quick to put down other people's offence but fast to scream about your own.

Glassers; I've seen you call people out for being insensitive and lacking a moral compass on here for lesser reasons.

I've just seen the advert in question, what's the problem ?, it's about a young lad who wants to have something in common with his dead dad, the common ground is their choice of McDonald's meal !!
That McDonald's ad on 09:47 - May 16 with 3547 viewshype313

Don't know why they got rid of Ronald to be honest, these adverts are a little crass to flog a burger.

Keep it light hearted.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

That McDonald's ad on 09:48 - May 16 with 3543 viewsmonytowbray

That McDonald's ad on 09:38 - May 16 by taximan

I've just seen the advert in question, what's the problem ?, it's about a young lad who wants to have something in common with his dead dad, the common ground is their choice of McDonald's meal !!

It's the context and exploitation within it via a corporation that is the issue here.

TWTD never forgets…

on 09:50 - May 16 with 3538 views_

That McDonald's ad on 09:48 - May 16 by monytowbray

It's the context and exploitation within it via a corporation that is the issue here.

That McDonald's ad on 09:53 - May 16 with 3531 viewsGlasgowBlue

That McDonald's ad on 09:10 - May 16 by monytowbray

Insensitive/

Perhaps when you get to my age Callis, and you have lost quite a few friends and loved ones to all manner of illness and accident, and see constant reminders in advertisements and television programmes , you will realise that it's not about "woe is me".

As I said to Dan, something may come on the box, be it an advert or tv show, that sparks some good memories I had forgotten.

So I stand by what I said. I don't see what the fuss is about. Others may see it differently. That isn't me being insensitive or lacking a moral compass.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

on 09:55 - May 16 with 3530 views_

That McDonald's ad on 09:53 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

Insensitive/

Perhaps when you get to my age Callis, and you have lost quite a few friends and loved ones to all manner of illness and accident, and see constant reminders in advertisements and television programmes , you will realise that it's not about "woe is me".

As I said to Dan, something may come on the box, be it an advert or tv show, that sparks some good memories I had forgotten.

So I stand by what I said. I don't see what the fuss is about. Others may see it differently. That isn't me being insensitive or lacking a moral compass.

That McDonald's ad on 09:57 - May 16 with 3526 viewsmonytowbray

That McDonald's ad on 09:53 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

Insensitive/

The difference here is this isn't a reminder or a memory, this is exploitation of suffering.

Losing a parent in younger life is a specific and often traumatic thing for many. Just a sh1tty and tasteless thing to do to sell a burger.

FTR, I've lost plenty of people in my life too. I wouldn't expect to see Pizza Hut exploiting overdosing or cancer to sell pizzas and this is no different.

TWTD never forgets…

That McDonald's ad on 09:59 - May 16 with 3514 viewsGlasgowBlue

That McDonald's ad on 09:57 - May 16 by monytowbray

The difference here is this isn't a reminder or a memory, this is exploitation of suffering.

Losing a parent in younger life is a specific and often traumatic thing for many. Just a sh1tty and tasteless thing to do to sell a burger.

FTR, I've lost plenty of people in my life too. I wouldn't expect to see Pizza Hut exploiting overdosing or cancer to sell pizzas and this is no different.

You haven't addressed how I was being insensitive.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

That McDonald's ad on 10:02 - May 16 with 3511 viewsmonytowbray

That McDonald's ad on 09:59 - May 16 by GlasgowBlue

You haven't addressed how I was being insensitive.

To not see the issue would to be insensitive.

TWTD never forgets…

That McDonald's ad on 10:06 - May 16 with 3502 viewsCheltenham_Blue

That McDonald's ad on 09:48 - May 16 by monytowbray

Who's getting exploited? You know that lad is acting right?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

That McDonald's ad on 10:10 - May 16 with 3495 viewsRyorry

That McDonald's ad on 08:21 - May 16 by Dolly2.0

I agree with your first sentence.

What's stupid about this ad though? Cynical and exploitative, yes. But I don't see why it's "very stupid". What's "very stupid" about it?

Right, I'm off to work now to make some more stupid ads

It's stupid because many people will deliberately now *not* go to McD's as a result of seeing it.

It's a crass crappy advert for a crappy product that isn't good either for human health or the environment.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 10:20]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

That McDonald's ad on 10:14 - May 16 with 3486 viewshype313

I think the fact that now even Mcdonalds have apologised says it all. It was planned to run for 12 weeks, but that has now been questioned.

That McDonald's ad on 10:18 - May 16 with 3477 viewsmonytowbray

That McDonald's ad on 10:06 - May 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Who's getting exploited? You know that lad is acting right?

It's emotional exploitation that fails to understand or be considerate of people who have lost a parent at a young age, which is a pretty traumatic experience for most, all for the sake of selling f*cking burgers.

TWTD never forgets…

That McDonald's ad on 11:14 - May 16 with 3429 viewsJ2BLUE

That McDonald's ad on 07:01 - May 16 by jeera

What you banging on about you silly little man?

Stupid comments on every other thread.

What is the point of you?

The veil has really slipped in the last year or so. He's gone from loveable simpleton to a really nasty piece of work.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

That McDonald's ad on 11:31 - May 16 with 3404 viewshype313

That McDonald's ad on 11:14 - May 16 by J2BLUE

The veil has really slipped in the last year or so. He's gone from loveable simpleton to a really nasty piece of work.

Homophobic, Racists, Xenophobic. Doesn't bother him, he'll think they are some kind of foreign spice.

That McDonald's ad on 11:43 - May 16 with 3388 viewsSarge

That McDonald's ad on 07:01 - May 16 by jeera

What you banging on about you silly little man?

Stupid comments on every other thread.

What is the point of you?

I imagine it's if someone needs a garden doing but Rommy is busy so they hire the village halfwit. You know, as a way of making him feel like he has a real job.
[Post edited 16 May 2017 11:44]
That McDonald's ad on 12:49 - May 16 with 3345 viewstaximan

on 09:50 - May 16 by _

whereas you struggle with the driving test theory ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024