Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU 10:38 - Dec 20 with 20789 viewsGlasgowBlue

These people are utter scum and I'm embarrassed I ticked the same box as them

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 10:41 - Dec 20 with 5792 viewsStokieBlue

Stupid people being stupid.

They honestly believe what they are saying though so education is the only way to counter that. Unfortunately it's probably too late for them but not for any younger people who may be considering such rhetoric.

SB
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 10:42]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 10:42 - Dec 20 with 5773 viewsGlasgowBlue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 10:41 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

They honestly believe what they are saying though so education is the only way to counter that. Unfortunately it's probably too late for them but not for any younger people who may be considering such rhetoric.

SB

Far more sinister imo.

Iron Lion Zion

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 10:43 - Dec 20 with 5757 viewsNo9

It's going to get a lot worse
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 10:43 - Dec 20 with 5762 viewsitfcjoe

What is worst is that some people are so entrenched they are happy to either defend or shrug this off

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 10:44 - Dec 20 with 5743 viewsWD19

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 10:41 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

SB

And some people wonder why business needs to import its labour.......
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:08 - Dec 20 with 5685 viewsMattinLondon

To be fair there are probably equally as loathsome individuals on the ‘remain’ side of the argument. I don’t think either side can claim to be perfect.

Casual xenophobia and out-and-out racism does seem to be in the increase and this is down to the rhetoric of UKIP as well as the Tory right.
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:13 - Dec 20 with 5658 viewsDanTheMan

My MP getting compared to Adolf Hitler for wanting a second vote.

As I said yesterday, politics in this country has gone to the toilet. These sort of reactions are amplified by silly sound bites politicians like to make that sound great and then are repeated and exaggerated because actually talking about things properly is boring for most. Certain parts of the media don't help.

But it's OK, obviously the country is not at all divided anymore, we're all united.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 11:55]

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:23 - Dec 20 with 5621 viewsJ2BLUE

Disturbing. I've posted quite a bit about correcting the mistake if we're given the chance but the uncomfortable truth that shows is that we've let the genie out of the bottle. She's getting shouted at in the street for calling for a second referendum. Imagine what happens if there is one and remain wins. There will be targets on the back of the likes of her, Lammy, Clarke etc.

This divide isn't going away is it? Brexit will dominate for the next decade or longer whatever happens.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:24 - Dec 20 with 5618 viewsWithnail

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:13 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

My MP getting compared to Adolf Hitler for wanting a second vote.

As I said yesterday, politics in this country has gone to the toilet. These sort of reactions are amplified by silly sound bites politicians like to make that sound great and then are repeated and exaggerated because actually talking about things properly is boring for most. Certain parts of the media don't help.

But it's OK, obviously the country is not at all divided anymore, we're all united.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 11:55]

Another referendum would definitely unite us. Bring it on.
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:34 - Dec 20 with 5563 viewsDanTheMan

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:24 - Dec 20 by Withnail

Another referendum would definitely unite us. Bring it on.

I never said it would but nice try. My point is that we're already divided and anyone who can't see that is being willfully ignorant.

What's your opinion on the video?
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 11:34]

on 11:39 - Dec 20 with 5518 views_

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:34 - Dec 20 by DanTheMan

I never said it would but nice try. My point is that we're already divided and anyone who can't see that is being willfully ignorant.

What's your opinion on the video?
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 11:34]

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:39 - Dec 20 with 5524 viewsjjblue84

A tolerant country tolerates this, and an intolerant one doesn’t!
on 11:41 - Dec 20 with 5498 views_

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:39 - Dec 20 by jjblue84

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:44 - Dec 20 with 5493 viewswkj

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:39 - Dec 20 by jjblue84

Kk... own up... who's your main account that you are you a comedy creation of

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:47 - Dec 20 with 5469 viewsfooters

It may not have been why you voted but emboldening such rhetoric was always an obvious side-effect of both the Leave campaign and vote.

Weird what being force-fed lies and half-truths about migrants and immigration over 30 years will do to people.

It's a shame that so many who claim to love this country have zero clue as to how its democracy, language and laws seem to work.

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:49 - Dec 20 with 5463 viewsDanTheMan

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:44 - Dec 20 by wkj

The answer is always BlueAs.

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:58 - Dec 20 with 5435 viewsCoachRob

The far right are on the rise and are using Brexit as a cover for their extremism. Many of the problems people are enduring come from discordant economics not the nonsense these people talk.
I think calling people "scum" is totally uncalled for and similar to Hillary Clinton's "Basket of deplorables". People like Glassers are helping to fuel resentment in society not tackle it.
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:02 - Dec 20 with 5408 viewsfooters

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:58 - Dec 20 by CoachRob

The far right are on the rise and are using Brexit as a cover for their extremism. Many of the problems people are enduring come from discordant economics not the nonsense these people talk.
I think calling people "scum" is totally uncalled for and similar to Hillary Clinton's "Basket of deplorables". People like Glassers are helping to fuel resentment in society not tackle it.

This 100%. People are justifiably angry at the state of the UK economy and it not working for them. But instead of blaming the things that caused austerity they have been hoodwinked into blaming immigrants instead. Thanks to such responsible media outlets as The Sun and Daily Mail. many ordinary people have been radicalised so as to be candidates for coercion into far-right politics.

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:02 - Dec 20 with 5404 viewsSwansea_Blue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 11:44 - Dec 20 by wkj

It's definitely someone messing around.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:03 - Dec 20 with 5395 viewsfooters

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:02 - Dec 20 by Swansea_Blue

It's definitely someone messing around.

My money's on Guthers.

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:05 - Dec 20 with 5382 viewsNo9

Correct on all points
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:07 - Dec 20 with 5377 viewsSwansea_Blue

"You are on the side of Adolf Hitler"

These morons don't really do irony do they?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:07 - Dec 20 with 5374 viewsGlasgowBlue

Would you care to elaborate how I am fueling resentment in society? Bearing in mind that you have, on several occasions, either excused or denied racism from the hard left towards a fearful minority group in this country.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2018 12:08]

Iron Lion Zion

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:08 - Dec 20 with 5364 viewsNo9

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:02 - Dec 20 by footers

This 100%. People are justifiably angry at the state of the UK economy and it not working for them. But instead of blaming the things that caused austerity they have been hoodwinked into blaming immigrants instead. Thanks to such responsible media outlets as The Sun and Daily Mail. many ordinary people have been radicalised so as to be candidates for coercion into far-right politics.

According to some people on TV this morning doing a bit for charities there are 14 Mn people in the UK living in poverty 4Mn of those are children it is disguting for a the government to ignore it and put the UN Envoys comments down to politics
This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:12 - Dec 20 with 5339 viewsGlasgowBlue

This really isn't why I voted to leave the EU on 12:07 - Dec 20 by Swansea_Blue

"You are on the side of Adolf Hitler"

These morons don't really do irony do they?

Apparently calling somebody scum who compares a principled, hard working MP to a man who committed genocide on a mass scale I’d fueling the resentment.

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024